Windows 10: Do I have to reinstall MSE after a clean install

Discus and support Do I have to reinstall MSE after a clean install in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, After a clean Win 10 Install, do I have to download and install Microsoft Security Essentials? 10624 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cabbage, Jul 30, 2015.

1. cabbage Win User

Do I have to reinstall MSE after a clean install

Hello,
    After a clean Win 10 Install, do I have to download and install Microsoft Security Essentials?

:)

cabbage, Jul 30, 2015

2. Before I perform a clean install do I have to roll back to the previews windows?

Please be aware that you cannot use the free upgrade offer to perform a clean install on first attempt. You must first upgrade from the qualifying version of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 (whether you
    do it through
    Windows Update
    or using the .ISO file). Ensure the upgrade is completed successfully and then ensure that it is activated. You can then proceed to do a clean install by using recovery media or using the Reset function in Start > Settings > Update
    & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC (Get Started).

Andre Da Costa, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Before I perform a clean install do I have to roll back to the previews windows?

Original Title: Windows 10 installation

Hello,

I'm an insider and then example I got the final windows 10 ISO

so before I perform a clean install do I have to roll back to the previews windows ( windows 7or 8 or 8.1) then perform the clean install to get it lifetime and legally?

Thanks,

Marc Dean Soliva, Jul 30, 2015
  4. z3r010 Win User

No, It's now called defender and it's already built in.

z3r010, Jul 30, 2015
  5. cabbage Win User
    Thank you for that quick reply.

cabbage, Jul 30, 2015
  6. radamo Win User
    Defender (malware) and MSE (anti virus) used to be separate products. Are they now one in the same?

radamo, Jul 30, 2015
  7. cabbage Win User
    Could anyone answer this,...

cabbage, Jul 30, 2015
  8. swarfega Win User

Defender is exactly the same as MSE.

swarfega, Jul 30, 2015
  9. Windows Defender was a standalone anti-malware product on XP, Vista and 7
    Windows Defender - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On XP, Vista and 7, MSE is an anti-virus and anti-malware

On Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, Window's Defender is the same as MSE was as per the above

garydexter, Jul 30, 2015
  10. radamo Win User
    Thanks for the clarification. I have been on 7 since it came out and had not ventured further. Was unaware of the change.

radamo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Do I have to reinstall MSE after a clean install - Similar Threads - reinstall MSE clean

2. Will i have to reinstall all of my softwares, apps, files and games if i do a clean install...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will i have to reinstall all of my softwares, apps, files and games if i do a clean install...: I recently bought an internal Kingston 120gb SSD, i already connected it but now i want to start using it and get the benefits of a faster drive.I would like to use the SSD as my boot drive but to do that i must do a clean install of the OS on my SSD or migrate it.If i were...
  3. Will i have to reinstall all of my softwares, apps, files and games if i do a clean install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will i have to reinstall all of my softwares, apps, files and games if i do a clean install...: I recently bought an internal Kingston 120gb SSD, i already connected it but now i want to start using it and get the benefits of a faster drive.I would like to use the SSD as my boot drive but to do that i must do a clean install of the OS on my SSD or migrate it.If i were...
  4. Will i have to reinstall all of my softwares, apps, files and games if i do a clean install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Doing a clean reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Doing a clean reinstall: Hi,My laptop came with Windows 10 Home edition and it got upgraded to Windows 11 Home. Now I have upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro. If I perform a clean reinstall of my system, will I be able to install Windows Pro 11 without having to purchase a license again...
  6. Doing a clean reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Doing a clean reinstall: Hi,My laptop came with Windows 10 Home edition and it got upgraded to Windows 11 Home. Now I have upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro. If I perform a clean reinstall of my system, will I be able to install Windows Pro 11 without having to purchase a license again...
  7. How many times do I have to do a clean install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How many times do I have to do a clean install?: Windows speech recognition never worked from the beginning. Did a lot of tweaks to try to get it to work. Still it gives the same error "The language must be the same as the UI language". Standard Default US English. I could rant a lot better if I had speech recognition....
  8. What to do next, after clean reinstallation of windows

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What to do next, after clean reinstallation of windows: A few days ago my computer suddenly did not boot to windows and no matter how many times I have tried to force to reboot it just did not boot. It's really a pain. I've heard about terms like Ghost, Macrium Reflect, or system restore. However, I never did that. The terms...
  9. What to do next, after clean reinstallation of windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What to do next, after clean reinstallation of windows: A few days ago my computer suddenly did not boot to windows and no matter how many times I have tried to force to reboot it just did not boot. It's really a pain. I've heard about terms like Ghost, Macrium Reflect, or system restore. However, I never did that. The terms...
  10. MSE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSE: Have this in my MSE history; don't know what it means. Multiple scans come up clean.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mse/8d175fdf-6ef9-45ed-9839-aae1cb7d7c7d