Windows 10: Do I need an activated copy of windows to allow 365 to work?

Discus and support Do I need an activated copy of windows to allow 365 to work? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, my daughter has built her own PC and is using an activated copy of Win11 on teh machine. She is a student and so has access to 365 via her school -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AdamGCooper, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Do I need an activated copy of windows to allow 365 to work?

Hi, my daughter has built her own PC and is using an activated copy of Win11 on teh machine. She is a student and so has access to 365 via her school - however when she tries to log in she gets a message saying there is no account for her login - this isn't the case as she logs in on her laptop fine and is able to access 365 that way. Is the problem here the non-activated version of Windows on her PC? As this seems to be the only difference. Any help gratefully received!Adam

:)

AdamGCooper, Dec 5, 2023

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Dec 5, 2023
  3. warup89 Win User
    Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Dec 5, 2023
  4. Do I need an activated copy of windows to allow 365 to work?

windows activation

Hi Micah,

Check the list of error codes
    here
    and follow the suggested steps to resolve it. If the error code isn't in the list, kindly send us the exact error code. You may attach a screenshot of the error. By the way, how did you get your copy of Windows 10? I suggest that you refer to this

link
    for ways on how to activate Windows 10 depending on how you got your copy of Windows.

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Aileen Alf, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

Do I need an activated copy of windows to allow 365 to work?

1. Do I need an activated copy of windows to allow 365 to work? - Similar Threads - need activated copy

2. Do I need to install Microsoft 365?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to install Microsoft 365?: Based on existing setting, I find following items are installed under Applications 1 Microsoft 365 Office2 Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise I would like to know on how to install and setup Windows like that?Any suggestions?Thanks...
  3. Do I need to install Microsoft 365?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need to install Microsoft 365?: Based on existing setting, I find following items are installed under Applications 1 Microsoft 365 Office2 Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise I would like to know on how to install and setup Windows like that?Any suggestions?Thanks...
  4. Do I need to install Microsoft 365?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Do I need an activated copy of windows to allow 365 to work?

Do I need an activated copy of windows to allow 365 to work?: Hi, my daughter has built her own PC and is using an activated copy of Win11 on teh machine. She is a student and so has access to 365 via her school - however when she tries to log in she gets a message saying there is no account for her login - this isn't the case as she...
  6. How do I activate my copy of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I activate my copy of Windows: I bought windows 10 for Parallels. I recently tried to reinstall Windows 10. However when I try to activate it i get error code 0XC004F213 which says Windows reported that no product key was foundFebruary 5, 2022 Order number 7786044196I've tried and tried to find how to...
  7. How do I activate my copy of Windows

How do I activate my copy of Windows: I bought windows 10 for Parallels. I recently tried to reinstall Windows 10. However when I try to activate it i get error code 0XC004F213 which says Windows reported that no product key was foundFebruary 5, 2022 Order number 7786044196I've tried and tried to find how to...
  8. How do I activate my copy of Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. How does office activation work? I need to buy a copy, suggestions?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How does office activation work? I need to buy a copy, suggestions?: I need office for work, i have found Office 2019 Professional Plus for $59 unless you guys can suggest a place to buy it? I do not want the pay monthly. Is the activation like win 10 tied to your hardware ID? Thanks 182066
  10. Do I need to copy desktop.ini when copy dvd?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need to copy desktop.ini when copy dvd?: I am making backup of my software installation dvd by selecting all files in the dvd and copy and paste into my computer hard disk. Doing this so that I will have the software even if the dvd corrupt or I lose the dvd in future. When I open the dvd, there are software files...