Windows 10: Do I need an AV on a new Win 10 laptop?

Discus and support Do I need an AV on a new Win 10 laptop? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I just bought and received an Apollo Lake laptop (celeron) so I can use in the field. I have an extra bitdefender license, but I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Arkas, May 6, 2018.

1. Arkas Win User

Do I need an AV on a new Win 10 laptop?

Hi everyone. I just bought and received an Apollo Lake laptop (celeron) so I can use in the field.
    I have an extra bitdefender license, but I am worried about it slowing down the performance.
    Is WD by itself good enough? I do transfer files frequently.
    The laptop has 6GB of RAM, but I am worried that bitdefender might tax the apollo lake CPU too much, it's already not a fast computer.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

:)

Arkas, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Do I need an AV on a new Win 10 laptop?

1. Do I need an AV on a new Win 10 laptop? - Similar Threads - need laptop

2. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  3. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  4. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Running Microsoft 11 on Laptop. I have a subscription For Microsoft 365. I need to open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Microsoft 11 on Laptop. I have a subscription For Microsoft 365. I need to open...: Need to open Microsoft Works Files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-microsoft-11-on-laptop-i-have-a/51d00593-f2b0-4e8b-b23c-6bef500c5d1b
  6. Running Microsoft 11 on Laptop. I have a subscription For Microsoft 365. I need to open...

Running Microsoft 11 on Laptop. I have a subscription For Microsoft 365. I need to open...: Need to open Microsoft Works Files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-microsoft-11-on-laptop-i-have-a/51d00593-f2b0-4e8b-b23c-6bef500c5d1b
  7. Laptop not open. Need Bitlocker key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not open. Need Bitlocker key.: My leptop not open show bitLocker key* Moved from Community Center* Original title: Bitlock key send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-open-need-bitlocker-key/146a6a09-ba04-4e81-bb01-8bd8b46707c8
  8. Laptop not open. Need Bitlocker key.

Laptop not open. Need Bitlocker key.: My leptop not open show bitLocker key* Moved from Community Center* Original title: Bitlock key send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-open-need-bitlocker-key/146a6a09-ba04-4e81-bb01-8bd8b46707c8
  9. I need help fixing my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help fixing my laptop: Recently my computer for no reason started showing code 10 on my wireless connection drive. It got fixed for few hours by reinstalling the driver but it happened again and now even reinstall doesnt work and it started showing code 14 on my vivobook uefi firmware and it's not...
  10. I need help fixing my laptop

I need help fixing my laptop: Recently my computer for no reason started showing code 10 on my wireless connection drive. It got fixed for few hours by reinstalling the driver but it happened again and now even reinstall doesnt work and it started showing code 14 on my vivobook uefi firmware and it's not...