Windows 10: Do I need both firewall AND my antivirus program?

Discus and support Do I need both firewall AND my antivirus program? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My internet connection keeps dropping out and I think it may either be the firewall or the Kaspersky antivirus program. If I have a AV program do I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BRKING, Mar 19, 2016.

1. BRKING Win User

Do I need both firewall AND my antivirus program?

My internet connection keeps dropping out and I think it may either be the firewall or the Kaspersky antivirus program. If I have a AV program do I need to also have the firewall on? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

:)

BRKING, Mar 19, 2016

2. Do I need to install ant virus or internet securities in my pc if am using windows 10?

Windows 10 comes with Anti-Virus software inside it which is Windows Defender and you don't need any additional antivirus software, take a look at:

Introduction to Windows Defender

Normally, antivirus software only has anti-malware program which protects you against malwares and other protection like firewall are relays on Windows. while Internet Security software has some additional features like firewall and other things. You need
    to look and compare features and decide yourself. Whether you want those features or not.

As for the question about product key, please post a new question and only ask about activation and product key issue (not the anti-virus) on Windows 10 forum:

Results in Windows - Microsoft Community

You may continue discussion about antivirus and internet security here.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Mar 19, 2016
  3. Do Nokia 5800XM Need Antivirus??

hello..

im using nokia 5800xm and always going online with various wifi connection to access my email..surfing website..blog and sometimes purchase online using credit card..so do i really need mobile antivirus with firewall??bcos someone told me that nokia 5800
    is being encrypt and difficult for virus infection??

tq..

Mahadhirrahman, Mar 19, 2016
  4. Do I need both firewall AND my antivirus program?

Yes, either AV or firewall can cause connection problems, I have just read today, that latest update prevented users with KAV to connect to steam, maybe it is related. Try to temporarily disable AV and test the connection a bit, then try to disable firewall, then both and see the outcome, once you find the culprit, you can focus on finding the solution.

If you have a router, a firewall may not be as much needed, but it is still recommended.
    You can always keep using the inbuilt Windows Firewall with a better GUI, like GlassWire.

TairikuOkami, Mar 19, 2016
Thema:

Do I need both firewall AND my antivirus program?

1. Do I need both firewall AND my antivirus program? - Similar Threads - need both firewall

2. Do I need both versions of various programs 32bit & 64b

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need both versions of various programs 32bit & 64b: My computer is a 64bit laptop. I recently ran the Glacy Utility program that checks if I have the latest version of my programs. Even though my W10 Home version is 64 bit, I am told there are 32bit and 64bit versions of programs that I have. I don't know if I need to just...
  3. Do I need both versions of various programs 32bit & 64b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need both versions of various programs 32bit & 64b: My computer is a 64bit laptop. I recently ran the Glacy Utility program that checks if I have the latest version of my programs. Even though my W10 Home version is 64 bit, I am told there are 32bit and 64bit versions of programs that I have. I don't know if I need to just...
  4. Do I need both versions of various programs 32bit & 64b

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows defender is not displaying any security providers for both antivirus, firewall and...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender is not displaying any security providers for both antivirus, firewall and...: Windows defender is not displaying any security providers for both antivirus, firewall and web protection and the switches are gone. [ATTACH]...
  6. Firewall and antivirus

Firewall and antivirus: How can I have both my antivirus' firewall - (Kaspersky) and Window defender's firewall at the same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-and-antivirus/d17b9b0e-76fb-434f-8a57-2d186544c643"
  7. Do I Need Another Antivirus

Do I Need Another Antivirus: Please do i need to install another Antivirus or is the Window Defender good enough to scan and fix all virus in my pc [Original Title: Antivirus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/do-i-need-another-antivirus/ad191c03-5954-440d-875f-04fa7619a0ea
  8. Do I need Sonicwall firewall?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I need Sonicwall firewall?: I have Windows Defender and Att router. I've been told I need to add Sonic Wall for network security. Is that true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/do-i-need-sonicwall-firewall/f2dcebc1-0710-43ea-80b8-c9993393cb15
  9. Free AntiVirus program w/configurable firewall protection

Free AntiVirus program w/configurable firewall protection: Hello, After much aggravation, I determined that my AntiVirus program was not letting me run the web interface for my home automation program all of a sudden. I disabled the firewall part and still have Windows Firewall on. Is there any AntiVirus program that can allow...
  10. Do I need antivirus?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Do I need antivirus?: From my question you will doubtless realize I'm new to virtual machines. I've just installed VMWare Player and W10 TP. On my host system I have Emsisoft Internet Security running. I have no idea whether this will also protect my VM setup or if I need separate firewall...