Windows 10: Do I Need Intel Security Assist & Other Services?

Discus and support Do I Need Intel Security Assist & Other Services? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently clean installed W10 on my laptop. I noticed the program Intel Security Assist was installed with the Intel motherboard drivers and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Steve C, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

Do I Need Intel Security Assist & Other Services?

I recently clean installed W10 on my laptop. I noticed the program Intel Security Assist was installed with the Intel motherboard drivers and the following services are running:

• Intel Security Assist
    • Intel Security Assist Helper
    • Intel Content Protection HECI Service
    • Intel Capability Licensing Service TCP/IP Interface
    • Intel Management and Security Application Local Management Service

I'm wondering what all these services do, whether I really need them and if I can disable some? Please advise. I don't need any remote Intel services - only to use the Intel graphics, Intel WiFi adapter and Intel Series 8 motherboard.

:)

Steve C, Feb 6, 2016

2. Intel(R) Security Assist (32bit)

I have disabled Intel(R) security assist in the services.msc and still find my task manager filled with Intel(R) security assist (32 bit) lines (99 at the last count). As my processor is 64 bit I don't understand why these are appearing and why the
    disabled manager is still producing them. Please help before I can no longer use my computer.

EdwardAFord, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Intel(R) Security Assist (32bit)

Hello Edward,

It could be a virus that is affecting the performance of your task manager. With this,
    we recommend that you check this forum article for
    the list of anti-malware product removal tools on your computer.

As another suggestion, you may also remove or uninstall those programs. Here are the steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.

• Select Apps.

• Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Feb 6, 2016
Thema:

Do I Need Intel Security Assist & Other Services?

1. Do I Need Intel Security Assist & Other Services? - Similar Threads - Need Intel Security

2. Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from...: Subject: Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from Untrusted Source Message: Hello Microsoft Community, I hope this message finds you well. I am facing a critical issue with my Windows Security Services after downloading GTA 4...
  3. Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from...: Subject: Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from Untrusted Source Message: Hello Microsoft Community, I hope this message finds you well. I am facing a critical issue with my Windows Security Services after downloading GTA 4...
  4. Focus Assist, Do Not Want It, Do Not Need It

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Focus Assist, Do Not Want It, Do Not Need It: How can I remove focus assist from my computer, because turning it off dose nothing at all. I have tried every suggestion to shut this up and quit annoying me. I need it removed all together. Disabling dose not work why, because next update it is back and annoying me once...
  5. Focus Assist, Do Not Want It, Do Not Need It

Focus Assist, Do Not Want It, Do Not Need It: How can I remove focus assist from my computer, because turning it off dose nothing at all. I have tried every suggestion to shut this up and quit annoying me. I need it removed all together. Disabling dose not work why, because next update it is back and annoying me once...
  6. Focus Assist, Do Not Want It, Do Not Need It

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Need more assistance with services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need more assistance with services: Hi All I have 3 questions. My much appreciation to anyone who is able to assist with my lack of reading abilities. I did attempt to do some research but unfortunately my research skills maybe lacking. I have programs that I can't seem to match up with the services listed...
  8. intel security assist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    intel security assist: i uninstalled intel security assist by accident, How do i reinstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/intel-security-assist/4a3f42a4-956c-4bb7-bfcb-5ab3a271390a"
  9. Intel: ( Security Assist / Technology Access )

Intel: ( Security Assist / Technology Access ): Wonder what all this Intel software is about Is it coming down from the latest 10 build in updates? I now have 4 Intel programs on my machine: Ethernet Adapter and Intel MEI Plus the 2 in the OP Is Intel and Microsoft teaming up to deliver higher performance Or...
  10. Are Intel Rapid Storage and Intel Security assist bloatware?

Are Intel Rapid Storage and Intel Security assist bloatware?: My questions are, Are programs Intel Rapid Storage technology and Intel Security assist considered to be bloatware? They came with the laptop and cant figure exactly what they do. The name Intel makes it sound like serious stuff but after searching Google I have the feeling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i need intel security assist

2. is intel security assist necessary

3. intel security assist

4. intel security assist do i need it,
  5. intel r content protection heci service verursacht bluescreen