Windows 10: Do i need to buy windows again?

Discus and support Do i need to buy windows again? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys so today i just changed my laptop's hard disk and the person who change my hard disk says that i need to buy windows again in order to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rezaljabar, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Do i need to buy windows again?

Hello guys so today i just changed my laptop's hard disk and the person who change my hard disk says that i need to buy windows again in order to receive windows 10 which im wondering if its true or not because i have an original windows before, so now i leave my laptop without os because im so confused, really need a help. thanks!

:)

rezaljabar, Aug 15, 2016

2. why do i need to buy outlook to sync phone

If you want to sync a windows mobile phone to your computer, the software you'd use is Activesync or Windows Mobile Device Center. These applications are only designed to sync calendar, contact, task data to Outlook. If you don't have Outlook installed
    on the computer you can't use ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center to sync this data to your computer since there is no software on the computer to receive it.

You might be able to find other third party syncing software that lets you sync to a proprietary calendar, but you'd have to buy that too and I don't know if such software really exists.

If you've got a windows mobile 6.x device,
    you can sync contacts and tasks to a windows live account.

Julie fka profjulie, Aug 15, 2016
  3. RM6262 Win User
    why do i need to buy outlook to sync phone

why do we need to buy a $150.00 program to sync a phone with computer? is there a cheaper way? not all of us are made of money

RM6262, Aug 15, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

Do i need to buy windows again?

What OS did your laptop have on it before you changed your hard drive? If it ever had Windows 10 on it, then you are good to go and you do not need to buy another copy of Windows 10, the guy was wrong.

Rocky, Aug 15, 2016
  5. yes my previous os was windows 10 thank you, do you know how to install win 10 without os in a laptop? i dont have a disc, i buy it with a serial key

rezaljabar, Aug 15, 2016
  6. mrgeek Win User
    Your first clue that this guy was all wrong is that, if you have a valid purchased serial, this allows install on one PC at any time !

If there is no OS now, Go to this Microsoft page - Windows 10 and follow Looking to install Windows 10 on your PC? (have your serial on hand)

If there is an OS; 7, 8, 8.1 use the top of the page where it says Update now and run download from desktop by mounting via r-click and hitting setup.

mrgeek, Aug 15, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Use the Media Creation Tool on an operating computer to make a Windows 10 USB installation flash drive or DVD. It's the Download tool button here:

Windows 10

Then you boot the laptop from the Windows 10 USB flash drive or DVD the media creation tool created and install Windows 10 from it. Just make sure you select the matching version/edition of Windows 10 your product key is for. You can verify that by running it through the "check product key" function of showkey plus:
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Aug 15, 2016
  8. Do i need to buy windows again?

wow thanks a lot!, for giving me the link now my laptop is already installed with windows 10, once again thank you

rezaljabar, Aug 15, 2016
  9. thank you, im using the usb method and i already install it on my laptop. thanks for helping me out!

rezaljabar, Aug 15, 2016
  10. mrgeek Win User
    Happy to hear you're good to go so quickly. Please mark topic as Solved so others with similar issue can more easily find. Thanks

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Do i need to buy windows again?

1. Do i need to buy windows again? - Similar Threads - need buy again

2. Says I need to buy minecraft again

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Says I need to buy minecraft again: I bought minecraft in the microsoft store on my acc and I recently got a new laptop and logged in on the same acc and it says I need to pay for minecraft and I cant find the purchase in the bought history even if it worked on the same account to play minecraft before...
  3. Says I need to buy minecraft again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Says I need to buy minecraft again: I bought minecraft in the microsoft store on my acc and I recently got a new laptop and logged in on the same acc and it says I need to pay for minecraft and I cant find the purchase in the bought history even if it worked on the same account to play minecraft before...
  4. Says I need to buy minecraft again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. do need to buy minecraft again after owning it in 2019 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do need to buy minecraft again after owning it in 2019 ?: i bought minecraft in 2019 and have the receipt and the account information. i havent played for around 3 years and now when i log back into the same account it says i need to buy the game. i already own the game what do i do? do i need to rebuy it due to new updated as my...
  6. do need to buy minecraft again after owning it in 2019 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    do need to buy minecraft again after owning it in 2019 ?: i bought minecraft in 2019 and have the receipt and the account information. i havent played for around 3 years and now when i log back into the same account it says i need to buy the game. i already own the game what do i do? do i need to rebuy it due to new updated as my...
  7. Do I have to buy windows 10 again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I have to buy windows 10 again?: Hello, I've bought windows 10 online for my first gaming computer. Currently I am in the process of building a new gaming PC and was wondering if I could still use the windows 10 installation key from my first computer onto this new computer while keeping windows 10 on both...
  8. do I need to download windows 10 again and buy a new license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    do I need to download windows 10 again and buy a new license?: Hello I am still working with windows 7 pro on my computer. I now need to switch to windows 10. I had installed windows 10 on my computer back in 2015 but I found it very hard to get use to, so I went back to using windows 7 pro. So now that it is no longer supported I would...
  9. Do I need buy windows 10 again if I'm replacing my PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need buy windows 10 again if I'm replacing my PC?: Hello, I am planning to soon replace my PC. I am building my new PC and I'm wondering if I need to buy Windows 10 again when I build my new PC. I currently have a windows retail license. Many thanks,...
  10. Bought Minecraft to play on PC. Do I need to buy again for XBox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Minecraft to play on PC. Do I need to buy again for XBox?: Hello! Can I get Xbox to recognize my Minecraft user name so it knows I have already purchased the game to play on my PC? I downloaded the game a couple years ago. Now I want to play it on Xbox for Windows. Is there a way to connect the two so I don't have to purchase...