Windows 10: Do i need to downgrade my main hard drive (new ssd-win 7)

Discus and support Do i need to downgrade my main hard drive (new ssd-win 7) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a new ssd for my computer but i still havn't installed anything on it yet. I would like to know if i will have problems or will it be as easy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by creepyzaptor, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Do i need to downgrade my main hard drive (new ssd-win 7)

I bought a new ssd for my computer but i still havn't installed anything on it yet.
    I would like to know if i will have problems or will it be as easy to install and run normaly as the youtube videos show.
    On my main hard drive i had windows 7 but upgraded to windows 10. I only have my windows 7 CD so it would install windows 7 on it. Do i need to reinstall windows 7 on my main hard drive, maybe find a windows 10 upgrade or will it all work together fine?

:)

creepyzaptor, Aug 21, 2016

2. Installing Win 10 on SSD

i currently have win 7 installed on my hard drive with all my programs running from same drive. I'd like to install win 10 to a SSD, do I need to move all my old programs and files to new SSD? or can I leave everything where it is?

vincentnichols, Aug 21, 2016
  3. AOE - The Conquerors won't run on Windows 10 but worked fine yesterday on Windows 8.1

The easiest solution I found was to downgrade back to Windows 7. You have one month to do this after upgrading to Win 10.

I, then, partitioned my hard drive and installed Win 10 on the new partition. So, now I use 7 for AOE and 10 for work.

RiboflavinB2, Aug 21, 2016
  4. Ethelwulf Win User

Do i need to downgrade my main hard drive (new ssd-win 7)

Dont really understand what your are saying

you want to install windows 10 on your new ssd ?

Ethelwulf, Aug 21, 2016
  5. Samuria Win User
    Welcome to the forum. It's very simple you can clone your hard drive to the SSD and everything will work unless it's s lot smaller than the old drive in which case you can download win10 DVD remove old drive and install to new drive you don't need a serial number

Samuria, Aug 21, 2016
  6. Yeah I would like windows 10 but I only have windows 7 cd. I don't any problems between the 2 versions.

7. Ethelwulf Win User
    sorry man long ago windows 7 for me

try what Samuria told you

Ethelwulf, Aug 21, 2016
  8. Do i need to downgrade my main hard drive (new ssd-win 7)

So I download the windows 10 on my ssd, remove my main drive then open up the win10 install? Will it work even if there is no windows on it? Also maybe i could install win7 and then download and install the win10 update?

9. topgundcp Win User
    Upgrading from Win7 to Win 10 will carry over all the remnants and won't be as clean as fresh install. You can do fresh install.

topgundcp, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Do i need to downgrade my main hard drive (new ssd-win 7)

1. Do i need to downgrade my main hard drive (new ssd-win 7) - Similar Threads - need downgrade main

2. Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?: My pc froze while updating a game and restarted, only it didn't restart. It took a long time before slowly coming back up. Now I can access most things but I can't get it to open any files. All of the folders I try to open just hang up and do nothing. I have a hunch it's my...
  3. Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?: My pc froze while updating a game and restarted, only it didn't restart. It took a long time before slowly coming back up. Now I can access most things but I can't get it to open any files. All of the folders I try to open just hang up and do nothing. I have a hunch it's my...
  4. Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I make the new ssd installed my main drive?

How do I make the new ssd installed my main drive?: Hello,I have a Dell Laptop that came with 512 gb ssd and recently I installed a new 2 tb ssd and cloned the original drive. I have changed where storage is saved from the settings menu as well as changing boot order. However, everything keeps trying to install or save to the...
  6. How do I make the new ssd installed my main drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make the new ssd installed my main drive?: Hello,I have a Dell Laptop that came with 512 gb ssd and recently I installed a new 2 tb ssd and cloned the original drive. I have changed where storage is saved from the settings menu as well as changing boot order. However, everything keeps trying to install or save to the...
  7. How do I make the SSD my main hard drive with the HHD still on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make the SSD my main hard drive with the HHD still on my computer?: I just went out and bought myself an HDD to help with the lag even when I have an Alienware R11. My PC came with 8GB of memory, so I also bought 2 16GB memory extenders. I am very paranoid with having viruses since getting the new installs, so I wiped the pc clean. I want to...
  8. How do I make the SSD my main hard drive with the HHD still on my computer?

How do I make the SSD my main hard drive with the HHD still on my computer?: I just went out and bought myself an HDD to help with the lag even when I have an Alienware R11. My PC came with 8GB of memory, so I also bought 2 16GB memory extenders. I am very paranoid with having viruses since getting the new installs, so I wiped the pc clean. I want to...
  9. Can’t get my new SSD to be main Boot drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t get my new SSD to be main Boot drive: So after someone told me I should make my SSD the new main thing to boot from as it makes everything faster, I listened and followed tutorials. I created the Installation Media on a USB, installed it onto the SSD which looks like it’s registered fine in the device manager and...
  10. how do i change my main hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i change my main hard drive?: the hard drive i've been using for now is full and i cant really delete any files from it either. i've watched many youtube vids on how to change it, but my settings window looks different from theirs... help please x submitted by /u/Axesmed [link] [comments]...