Windows 10: Do i restore the full back up or just incremental?

Discus and support Do i restore the full back up or just incremental? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, I have made in the past a full back up using Macrium Reflect And I was doing incremental back up every time something changes I was following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by SoFine409, Apr 5, 2018.

1. SoFine409 Win User

Do i restore the full back up or just incremental?

Hi gremar, once you create a full image, all subsequent incremental and differential images are based on that image until you make another full image. So when you pick an incremental to restore, the restore includes all PREVIOUS incrementals back to the last full image. If there is a differential image in that chain then that differential includes all the increments that are previous to it.

SoFine409, Apr 5, 2018
  2. gremar Win User

Hello, I have made in the past a full back up using Macrium Reflect
    And I was doing incremental back up every time something changes
    I was following the Kari Finn excellent tutorial but one thing about restoring I didn’t understand.
    My question is when restoring, do I need to restore the full back up
    Or just the last incremental back up?
    Could anyone point me in the right direction?

:)

gremar, Apr 16, 2018
  3. How do I automatically back up the photos or videos I take or adjust the quality settings of the backup?

Looking for a set-it-and-forget-it way to back up the photos and videos you take on your phone? Look no further—in just a couple of taps, you can set your phone to automatically save them all to Microsoft SkyDrive, either at full resolution or at a smaller
    size. That way, even if your phone ends up at the bottom of a lake, your memories will be safe and sound in the cloud. More info at:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/H...ve-the-photos-and-videos-you-take-to-skydrive

Benedito D., Apr 16, 2018
  4. Do i restore the full back up or just incremental?

How do I automatically back up the photos or videos I take or adjust the quality settings of the backup?

How do I automatically back up the photos or videos I take or adjust the quality settings of the backup?

Benedito D., Apr 16, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    That would depend why you want to restore if it's in a bad state you would have to do a full restore plus incremental to get back to current system. It's simpler to just keep doing a full backup and keep about three versions so you can do it all in one go. If you just wanted to restore certain file they may be in the incremental.

Samuria, Apr 16, 2018
Thema:

Do i restore the full back up or just incremental?

1. Do i restore the full back up or just incremental? - Similar Threads - restore full incremental

2. Windows Full Back Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Full Back Up: I am looking to create my first full back up of my laptop which has a Windows 11 operating system. I can't seem to figure out how to do this and I have tried a few self-help videos.I have a few questions:- I have a paid Microsoft 365 account and OneDrive and I have enabled a...
  3. Windows Full Back Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Full Back Up: I am looking to create my first full back up of my laptop which has a Windows 11 operating system. I can't seem to figure out how to do this and I have tried a few self-help videos.I have a few questions:- I have a paid Microsoft 365 account and OneDrive and I have enabled a...
  4. Restoring backed up files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring backed up files: I recently had to do a factory reset on my laptop. I backed up my files on a flash drive but when I try to restore them it asks me for a disk. There are no disks. How do I get my files back?...
  5. Back up and Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up and Restore: Is back up and restore being removed from Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-and-restore/363a9b10-a680-4ac0-9893-a98771b1b31d
  6. back up and restore win10

back up and restore win10: I have a recovery drive to be backed up, it was 16 GB when i had bought a new pc now its doubled to 32 GB. Can i back up the previous 16 GB recovery drive so that I can manage with my 32 GB pen drive?...
  7. Back up and Restore

Back up and Restore: Win 10 Pro 64bit. Ever since I updated. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809, I cannot back up Computer. I get Error Code 0x80070013 Local Disk (E). I have 3-computers and get the same error code. Thanks...
  8. Back up and Restore

Back up and Restore: Win 10 Pro 64bit. Ever since I updated. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809, I cannot back up Computer. I get Error Code 0x80070013 Local Disk (E). I have 3-computers and get the same error code. Thanks...
  9. Back up and restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back up and restore: Why does my windows 10 home have windows 7 backup and restore? It's a new machine and it came with windows 10. Does anyone know? 111055
  10. How do I restore backed up emails to new computer

in Browsers and Email
    How do I restore backed up emails to new computer: Hi My old computer crashed last week and I think I saw it coming, one of the very last things that I did was to back up all the emails and contact addresses from Windows. I cannot find how to restore them on to the new computer, in fact there are very few buttons in the...