Windows 10: Do I still have to disable fast boot and secureboot?

Discus and support Do I still have to disable fast boot and secureboot? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hallo Just moved from eightforums to tenforums. I will install Windows 10 from a DVD, not USB. Do I still have to disable fast boot and secureboot?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by turboman, Nov 19, 2015.

1. turboman Win User

Do I still have to disable fast boot and secureboot?

Hallo
    Just moved from eightforums to tenforums.
    I will install Windows 10 from a DVD, not USB. Do I still have to disable fast boot and secureboot?
    If yes, I cannot find disabling secureboot in the Bios of my mainboard Asus Maximus VIII Ranger (from the handbook text; I am still building my PC).
    Thanks for the help.

:)

turboman, Nov 19, 2015

2. How do I disable fast boot

My pc is stuck in a inaccessible boot device loop and i need To access My bios To Wipe My hard drives to Fix my problem. I need To Know How to Disable fast Boot (which dIsables keyboard/ Usb Power) without Being able to access my computer (cause i Cant Boot
    it.) Can someone help Please!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Funky_NightShade, Nov 19, 2015
  3. How do I disable fast boot

Type Control Panel in the search box.

Click Control Panel.

Click Power Options.

Click Choose what the power buttons do.

Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.

Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.

Click Save changes.

MichealOrlando, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

Do I still have to disable fast boot and secureboot?

1. Do I still have to disable fast boot and secureboot? - Similar Threads - still disable fast

2. How do I disable fast startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable fast startup?: The option is there but when I try to click it nothing happens . It has indicated that fast startup is enabled but can't be unchecked or checked.. Azn it's grey with a check.....
  3. How do I disable fast startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable fast startup?: The option is there but when I try to click it nothing happens . It has indicated that fast startup is enabled but can't be unchecked or checked.. Azn it's grey with a check.....
  4. Disabling fast boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling fast boot: How can I disable fast boot for all users on my PC in one go? I have observed that when I disable fast boot through the normal way only the account I disable it on will have it disabled while all the other users will still get the fast boot and hibernation file when they...
  5. Do I still have Virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I still have Virus?: I was a bit stupid in early August. I got help with HTML and CSS via AnyDesk something like Teamviewer via a public Teamspeak .. well, the guy opened the console extremely quickly and entered a command, he said he could now control my PC. Then the PC shut down and installed...
  6. Disabling Secureboot options without having UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling Secureboot options without having UEFI settings: Hyy..[IMG] I installed windows in UEFI mode. But in system information it is showing BIOS mode legacy . And also UEFI firmware settings are not available in my pc.now i want to disable secure boot . And also that secure boot option isn't workingas in...
  7. i have IE11 disabled--why are there still...

in Browsers and Email
    i have IE11 disabled--why are there still...: i have disabled IE11 in 'turn windows features on or off". when i run ccleaner, it still shows new temp internet files and spybot finds tracking cookies--every time i run them. i even tried re-enabling IE and disabling all features from within--then turning it off once again....
  8. Error disabling Fast boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Error disabling Fast boot: I have a Win10.If you want any spec ask me.I would like to get to bios,But i am unable to get rid of fast boot.I have tried all solution they said like disable.But even after disabling It just fast boot every time .Please help*Sad*Sad 52169
  9. Disabling Fast Startup for next boot so I can boot from a DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Fast Startup for next boot so I can boot from a DVD: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings Unchecking the "Turn on Fast Startup" command in the above setting path does not do it. There is supposed to be a motherboard software for enabling a normal startup the next time the computer is...
  10. Boot not that fast

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot not that fast: Hello I have a new configuration (z170 chipset, i3-6320, fast SSD) for my desktop and it boots slower than my laptop (Acer V3-574G (i7-5500) with the same SSD as my desktop). I don't think the i3-6320 vs i7-5500 can explain such difference. First thing is that Hibernation...