Windows 10: Do I still use Xfinity Norton Security suite?

Discus and support Do I still use Xfinity Norton Security suite? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Win 10, from Win 7, I am really confused. My Xfinity (Comcast) internet includes free Norton Security Suite and I believe Win 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nodsirrah, Mar 17, 2016.

1. nodsirrah Win User

Do I still use Xfinity Norton Security suite?

I just upgraded to Win 10, from Win 7, I am really confused.
    My Xfinity (Comcast) internet includes free Norton Security Suite and I believe Win 10 includes something like it. Should I continue using Norton Security suite or do I remove it?

:)

nodsirrah, Mar 17, 2016
  2. msmcs Win User

Which is better for Windows 10: Norton or Defender?

Bruce,

Both are free, and that is why I am (still) asking. I am using the free version of Norton Security given by Xfinity/Comcast.

msmcs, Mar 17, 2016
  3. Comcast email issue after Windows 10 install

Hi Kathleen,

I forgot something, do you know if you are a Comcast customer you can download Norton Security Suite for FREE. During the install you can UNCHECK the install "Xfinity toolbar option". I do not want extra toolbars on my browsers. So pay attention during the
    install.

After Norton is installed open it, click on the GREEN DOWNWARD ARROW. Then click LIVE UPDATE (it is best to do this twice).

I can verify that Norton is 100% compatible with Windows 10 after running the LIVE UPDATE.

Here is a link if you need it.

Constant Guard - Norton Security Suite for PC

PS When you click on the GET NORTON SECURITY SUITE link a Xfinity master installer file will be in your downloads file. Running the installer file will take you thru the installation process (where the xfinity toolbar option is located).

DavidG_908, Mar 17, 2016
  4. Do I still use Xfinity Norton Security suite?

That really depends on you, whenever you like Norton or not, but generally Norton is quite heavy, especially on laptop.
    If I had to choose, I would get rid of Norton and use Win Defender instead. Then again, it would be waste not to use it.

TairikuOkami, Mar 17, 2016
Thema:

Do I still use Xfinity Norton Security suite?

1. Do I still use Xfinity Norton Security suite? - Similar Threads - still Xfinity Norton

2. Why am I now a Broadcom customer if I use Norton Security Suite?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I now a Broadcom customer if I use Norton Security Suite?: I use Norton Security Suite, which I get as part of my Comcast internet service. I just got an email from Broadcom telling me that I am now a Broadcom customer, and that I need to set up an account on their website. Broadcom bought Symantec's ENTERPRISE security business....
  3. Norton security

Norton security: The instructions for putting a Norton icon on my desktop don't work. Cannot drag and drop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-security/f865366d-b89e-4b4d-8966-7777ec92d4be
  4. norton security

norton security: i have comcast for internet and they offer norton security for there antivirus protection. but i'm wondering if it is any better than what i have now. a few years ago i asked about virus program and some said to use the avast and ccleaner and malwarebytes and a few others but...
  5. Xfinity User / Norton installed

Xfinity User / Norton installed: Hi, Being an Xfinity user I was prompted to install Norton - I did. Now I'm getting notifications about my Windows Defender being turned off. Did I really mess up? Thanks....
  6. Norton Security

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Norton Security: I have Norton Security on my Windows 10 v1903 pc. Just bought a laptop Windows 10 v1903 went into Microsoft store and downloaded Norton app. Clicked on launch and it opened in Explorer browser but could see nothing regarding Norton. Clicked on search on taskbar this only gave...
  7. Unable to completely uninstall Norton Security Suite

Unable to completely uninstall Norton Security Suite: Hello, I'm Unable to completely uninstall Norton Security Suite. When I check the Windows Defender Security Center it shows a Red icon w/ an X and asks to open Norton Security Suite When I click the Icon it shows that I have two Security Suites installed. ( I just...
  8. Norton Security Suite did not completely Un install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Norton Security Suite did not completely Un install: Loaded new Security Suite F-Secure through Frontier TV Internet Phone. Windows Defender shows Norton Security as a Provider and causing an error in Face Page of Window Defender...
  9. Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?

Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?: Just finished a reinstall of Windows 10, and I was wondering what the peanut gallery thought of these two programs. I uninstalled the Norton Security about a month ago while chasing my OS crashing issues. (Norton Security wasn't my problem), but I read good reports, and...
  10. Windows Defender vs. Norton Security Suite

Windows Defender vs. Norton Security Suite: Good morning all! I'm a few weeks into Windows 10. I uninstalled Norton Security Suite (free from Comcast) to install the upgrade. Windows Defender is doing its thing (I'm sure), but now I'm looking for thoughts on these two AV programs that are both available free to me....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do you still get norton anit virus free with xfinity