Windows 10: Do IE 11 Favorites sync in Windows 10?

Discus and support Do IE 11 Favorites sync in Windows 10? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have just upgraded my laptop, tablet , and Desktop to Windows 10. I am using IE 11 until I can use Last Pass on Edge. Do Favorites sync across these... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RonZimmerman, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Do IE 11 Favorites sync in Windows 10?

I have just upgraded my laptop, tablet , and Desktop to Windows 10. I am using IE 11 until I can use Last Pass on Edge. Do Favorites sync across these devices? I can't find a clear answer to this question. In Windows 7 I synced them by putting them in OneDrive.

:)

RonZimmerman, Jul 28, 2016
  2. Chas1Stan Win User

Internet Explorer 11 syncing

Read the title of the question and my previous posts. My problem is with Internet Explorer 11 favorites not syncing. Edge favorites are syncing fine (I imported them from IE 11), but I don't care to use Edge.

Chas1Stan, Jul 28, 2016
  3. How can I backup my IE favorites from my Windows 8.1 phone to my Favorites folder on OneDrive?

I think the capability to sync IE favorites was added with the upgrade to IE 11 for phones that happened in the 8.1 update, so, yes, your new phone will need to be running Windows Phone 8.1.

Julie fka profjulie, Jul 28, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Do IE 11 Favorites sync in Windows 10?

Brink, Jul 28, 2016
  5. Thank you for your fast reply. I have done the above. I just leave the favorites in the user/favorites folder and win 10 will move them to the other devices? And keep them in sync?

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It won't actually move them, but sync (copy) them to the other devices. Sometimes it may take 24 hours to sync though.

Brink, Jul 28, 2016
  7. Nothing has happened yet, 12 hours. If I understand this correctly, my favorites in my User/Favorites folder on my other computer will change to reflect what I have done to my favorites on another computer? How can Microsoft get into my user folders to change them?

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

If you are signed in to both computers with the same Microsoft account and both PCs are connected the Internet, they should automatically sync your settings (including IE11 Favorites).

Are both PCs listed as trusted devices for your Microsoft account?

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...d-devices.html

If this hasn't happened within 24 hours, then it may be best to manually copy them over for now until sync decides to kick in.

Brink, Jul 28, 2016
  9. They are both trusted. 48 hours, nothing has happened. How can the sync occur when my favorites are in the User/Favorites folders on my C:/ drive and no one has access to them? Doesn't this need to happen on a Microsoft server and then what purpose would my Favorites folders be on my hard drives?

RonZimmerman, Jul 30, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    A copy is kept online via your Microsoft account's OneDrive to sync with. You would still want to keep them in your Favorites folder since that is what Internet Explorer uses.

I would go ahead and just manually copy them over for now until sync decides to kick in.

Brink, Jul 30, 2016
  11. Sync has never worked for me. No matter what I do, there is no syncing of favorites for IE 11.

RonZimmerman, Aug 27, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Odd. They sync for me all the time. I suppose you could back up your favorites to, and be able to manually import them for now.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Do IE 11 Favorites sync in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Favorites sync

2. Samsung Gallery Sync: Favorite mark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung Gallery Sync: Favorite mark: When marking a pic as favorite in Samsung Gallery, then letting it be synced to OneDrive and it showing up on Windows: the favorite mark is nowhere to be found.Does OneDrive support favorite tracking like this? If yes, how?...
  3. Samsung Gallery Sync: Favorite mark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung Gallery Sync: Favorite mark: When marking a pic as favorite in Samsung Gallery, then letting it be synced to OneDrive and it showing up on Windows: the favorite mark is nowhere to be found.Does OneDrive support favorite tracking like this? If yes, how?...
  4. When syncing devices, Favorites go wrong way!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When syncing devices, Favorites go wrong way!: Hello, some advice please! I have a Desktop and a tablet, both WIN 10. I assume when syncing them both, all Edge Favorites, Themes, etc from desktop A, the Mothership, would be sent to Tablet B. However, the opposite happens, Edge Favs saved on A desktop that are not on...
  5. When syncing devices, Favorites go wrong way!

When syncing devices, Favorites go wrong way!: Hello, some advice please! I have a Desktop and a tablet, both WIN 10. I assume when syncing them both, all Edge Favorites, Themes, etc from desktop A, the Mothership, would be sent to Tablet B. However, the opposite happens, Edge Favs saved on A desktop that are not on...
  6. 2 PCs. Edge synced Favorites without permission. How to undo?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 PCs. Edge synced Favorites without permission. How to undo?: Two Windows 10 PCs.Both PCs are set to Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows.Most, if not all, of my user files on one of the PCs I have purposefully synced to OneDrive. This PC can be considered nearly single-purpose, and the Edge Favorites there are mostly...
  7. 2 PCs. Edge synced Favorites without permission. How to undo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 PCs. Edge synced Favorites without permission. How to undo?: Two Windows 10 PCs.Both PCs are set to Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows.Most, if not all, of my user files on one of the PCs I have purposefully synced to OneDrive. This PC can be considered nearly single-purpose, and the Edge Favorites there are mostly...
  8. 2 PCs. Edge synced Favorites without permission. How to undo?

9. Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing: Hi there, All my Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing yahoo account with Hotmail account. I have checked in the users folders to no avail. I have done a search on the C:\ drive but no luck.Please advise how I can restore all my favorite files on...
  10. Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing

Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing: Hi there, All my Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing yahoo account with Hotmail account. I have checked in the users folders to no avail. I have done a search on the C:\ drive but no luck.Please advise how I can restore all my favorite files on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sync internet explorer 11

2. how to sync favorites in ie 11 windows 10

3. sync windows 10 IE 11

4. sync ie 11 on windows 10,
  5. how can i sync lose internet explorer 11 favorites windows 7,
  6. how to sync favorites in internet explorer in windows 10,
  7. how do you sync favorites in IE,
  8. sync internet explorer 11 bookmarks cloud,
  9. does ie11 favorites sync to cloud,
  10. windows 10 ie11 sync favorites on 2 computers,
  11. my internet explorer 11 favorites on windows 10 wont sync across my computers,
  12. ie 11 favorites not syncing new computer,
  13. how to sync ie 11 favorites