Windows 10: Do Insiders Really Need to Download What We Already Have?

Discus and support Do Insiders Really Need to Download What We Already Have? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On the 29th are insiders going to have to download and install basically what we already have all over again? Wouldn't it make more sense for MS to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fracking4oil, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Do Insiders Really Need to Download What We Already Have?

On the 29th are insiders going to have to download and install basically what we already have all over again? Wouldn't it make more sense for MS to send a small update, much like the "security updates", that tells our systems that it's the "final release"? Besides any possible fixes, all we really need is the menu to let us choose whether or not we want to stay and insider; if not an option to upgrade a Win 7/8.* key to Win 10 and hopefully an option to download an ISO (at some point).

:)

fracking4oil, Jul 26, 2015

2. Do we really need Internet explorer now since we have Microsoft Edge?

Control Panel | Programs and Features | Turn Windows Features On or Off. Uncheck Internet Explorer.

Control Panel | Default Programs | Set your default programs. Make Edge default.

Bruce Hagen, Jul 26, 2015
  3. Do we really need Internet explorer now since we have Microsoft Edge?

Both Edge and IE are built into Win10, so you can't easily remove either. You'd be surprised how many Win10 users don't even know they have IE.

Bruce Hagen, Jul 26, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Do Insiders Really Need to Download What We Already Have?

I would think that getting the upgrade on the 29th is going to be crucial to stay in the insider program and getting that patch will be important. Staying with the same version of Windows 10 is important, IMO

BunnyJ, Jul 26, 2015
  5. wase4711 Win User
    since there is no "final release", just a series of ongoing updates, it makes it ever more confusing to think why insiders would have to download anything other than another in a series of these "ongoing updates"..
    I guess we'll see on the 29th..

wase4711, Jul 26, 2015
  6. I'm confused; are you saying we are or are not going to need to download & install Windows 10 all over again?

7. BunnyJ New Member
    Think of it this way.. you need to keep current with version of Windows 10 in order to get the net updates/patches. By upgrading on the 29th you'll be getting the starting version of Win10 and from then on you'll get the upgrades.

So yes.. it's going to be important to get the upgrade on the 29th.

Just my 2c.

BunnyJ, Jul 26, 2015
  8. Do Insiders Really Need to Download What We Already Have?

I agree, but it just seems people expect the servers to be loaded with insiders downloading the "final release" (for the lack of a better term), while if it's just a patch that may not be the case.

9. Upgrade as in a patch or from scratch?

Edited: Crap, I did it again... Damn consecutive posts!

10. BunnyJ New Member
    Upgrade over:
    Win7
    Win8.1
    Or Build 10240...

You will have to have the base version of Win10.. the upgrade that we'll get on the 29th.

BunnyJ, Jul 26, 2015
  11. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .wish you folks would hold down this dizzy intellect. . .it is causing me. . .*Confused

12. Justdave Win User
    Will the 29th have a new build number"

Justdave, Jul 26, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Upgrade.. you can do a clean install later on but first you'll have to upgrade.

Don't know.. wait till the 29th and we'll know for certain.

BunnyJ, Jul 26, 2015
  14. So you're saying if I'm upgrading from a Win 8.1 key I need to reinstall 8.1 to upgrade to 10? IMHO that's just stu... silly, when I already have it; I should just be able to punch in my 8.1 key after getting a patch on the 29th.

15. BunnyJ New Member
    That's not going to be an issue since insiders get the upgrade first.

BunnyJ, Jul 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Do Insiders Really Need to Download What We Already Have? - Similar Threads - Insiders Really Need

2. What do we have to do to actually get help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do we have to do to actually get help?: I have a known hacker. Working with Apple and phone company. On nov.19 I had a chat with support. I was given instructions on what to do to prepare for a 24 hour observation. However. my spouse factory reset the PC and I was not able to do these things until the late evening....
  3. What do we have to do to actually get help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do we have to do to actually get help?: I have a known hacker. Working with Apple and phone company. On nov.19 I had a chat with support. I was given instructions on what to do to prepare for a 24 hour observation. However. my spouse factory reset the PC and I was not able to do these things until the late evening....
  4. PRODUCT KEY SAYS IT HAS ALREADY BEEN REDEEMED AND WHAT DO WE DO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PRODUCT KEY SAYS IT HAS ALREADY BEEN REDEEMED AND WHAT DO WE DO: pRODUCT KEP THAT WAS PURCHASED AT BEST BUY IN PORTAGE, MICHIGAN IS SAYING IT JAS ALREADY BEEN REDEEMED?pLEASE HELP THIS IS FOR A COMPANY AND IN NEED OF IT ASAP...
  5. PRODUCT KEY SAYS IT HAS ALREADY BEEN REDEEMED AND WHAT DO WE DO

PRODUCT KEY SAYS IT HAS ALREADY BEEN REDEEMED AND WHAT DO WE DO: pRODUCT KEP THAT WAS PURCHASED AT BEST BUY IN PORTAGE, MICHIGAN IS SAYING IT JAS ALREADY BEEN REDEEMED?pLEASE HELP THIS IS FOR A COMPANY AND IN NEED OF IT ASAP...
  6. Do we really need all version of these? Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do we really need all version of these? Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime: Should i keep all or delete the older versions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-we-really-need-all-version-of-these-microsoft/9d5775be-d491-4351-9a0a-06a7e5659c88
  7. Do we really need all version of these? Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime

Do we really need all version of these? Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime: Should i keep all or delete the older versions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-we-really-need-all-version-of-these-microsoft/9d5775be-d491-4351-9a0a-06a7e5659c88
  8. we want to download windows 11 today . what we have to do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we want to download windows 11 today . what we have to do.: and the windows will be only free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-want-to-download-windows-11-today-what-we-have/1c71dccb-2f32-45ff-a4c6-57d41ea6da7e
  9. we want to download windows 11 today . what we have to do.

we want to download windows 11 today . what we have to do.: and the windows will be only free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-want-to-download-windows-11-today-what-we-have/1c71dccb-2f32-45ff-a4c6-57d41ea6da7e
  10. Do I need a socket adapter if I already have...?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do I need a socket adapter if I already have...?: Do I still need a socket adapter like this File:Surge pro.JPG - Wikipedia if I already have whole house surge protection? 168508