Windows 10: do not have option to remove icons from settings?

Discus and support do not have option to remove icons from settings? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using the free upgrade of windows 10 from windows 7 home premium. I have tried all of the suggestion I could find, but keep getting no where. From... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mikenas16, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Mikenas16 Win User

do not have option to remove icons from settings?

I'm using the free upgrade of windows 10 from windows 7 home premium. I have tried all of the suggestion I could find, but keep getting no where. From settings {Notification & Actions} when I try and remove icons from the notification area on task bar. the notification & actions settings don't have the option in quick action to (choose your quick actions) there is no option to [select which icons appear on the task bar which also means I don't have the option to "turn system icons on or off.] I don't get it! even the page is different from all of the others I had found on YouTube. Can anyone help me I want these old icons gone from my notification area.

:)

Mikenas16, Dec 14, 2016

2. I do not have an menu option to not synchronize a folder in my Windows Mobile Nokia 720. Can any one help please?

Those are the options you see when the Inbox, which is the primary folder in the email account when it is opened on the phone. You need to tap the "folders" option and then tap the folder you do not want to sync. This will open the folder up and you can
    view the email that is stored in the folder. Then you can tap the three dots in the lower right hand corner of the screen and tap "don't sync this folder"

This will remove the folder and any email that is in the folder from the phone. It will NOT remove anything from your online email account. There is no way to have a folder on the phone ONLY that will not sync to the online email account.

Julie fka profjulie, Dec 14, 2016
  3. garym123 Win User
    I do not have an menu option to not synchronize a folder in my Windows Mobile Nokia 720. Can any one help please?

Try going to settings, sync settings, download email, set this to 'any time'

garym123, Dec 14, 2016
  4. do not have option to remove icons from settings?

From your description of not being able to change quick actions and other items that are not the same as YouTube, it appears you might have a Windows version prior to the release of those features. Check your version against the current release. If you just upgraded, you may not have downloaded and installed the update yet.

OldGuyGeek, Dec 15, 2016
  5. Bree New Member
    Actually it appears @Mikenas16 does have the latest version and it's the YouTube crowd that don't. is Here is the same settings page, first for the latest 1607 (the Anniversary Update) and then the previous 1511. Note that there's no 'Turn system icons on or off' in the latest version. That option has been moved. It is now to be found in Settings > Personalisation > Taskbar. Check your version by running Winver (use WinKey+R). Build 14393 is the AU (1607), build 10586 is the older version 1511.

do not have option to remove icons from settings? [​IMG]

do not have option to remove icons from settings? [​IMG]

6. Your two images confirm that he is indeed under an older version, probably 1511 (Nov 12, 2015). 1607 was the later release on Aug 2, 2016.

The quick actions modifications are only available on later versions of Windows. As in your example (the second screenshot) 1511 doesn't allow for removal and rearranging the quick actions. Only on later versions (as your first example of 1607) can that be done at all. He is definitely on a version prior to 1607.

As for his second concern, choosing the icons directly on the taskbar used to be a link under System > Notifications as in your second example. The newer configuration has simply moved this screen to Personalization>Taskbar. The basic functionality to remove icons remains the same.

OldGuyGeek, Dec 15, 2016
  7. Bree New Member
    Well, we'll know one way or the other when @Mikenas16 has run winver and tells us what it shows. But as he said that he wants to...
    and is looking for (and failing to find) the option in...
    ...my money is on him having 1607, as it's the one that doesn't have that setting in 'Notifications and actions'.

8. Mikenas16 Win User

I want to thank you all for your concerns in helping me resolved this issues. As you guys were searching I was doing the same and came to the personalization option. It took me some time but with your help, OldGuyGeek;891966) {Bree}You set me on the right on the right path....Thanks. I have to be honest I really didn't anticipate such a quick response, Thank You again..

Mikenas16, Dec 15, 2016
  9. Bree New Member
    That's the TenForums way. Now you've found us you should stick around *Smile
    Glad you got it sorted.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. do not have option to remove icons from settings? - Similar Threads - option remove icons

2. Why do i have the old settings icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i have the old settings icon?: i have all the new windows 10 icons, but the settings one hasnt changed, what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-the-old-settings-icon/daa8a1f0-b9a0-4fef-a9f5-de7cb2f12589
  3. Why do i have the old settings icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do i have the old settings icon?: i have all the new windows 10 icons, but the settings one hasnt changed, what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-the-old-settings-icon/daa8a1f0-b9a0-4fef-a9f5-de7cb2f12589
  4. Why do i have the old settings icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I remove the "Rewards: Start Earning" icon from my Settings app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove the "Rewards: Start Earning" icon from my Settings app?: I've already opted out of Microsoft Rewards, but whenever I open up Settings, there's an icon on the top right corner that says "Rewards: Start Earning" to the right of the Windows Update status. It's incredibly annoying, does anyone know how to remove it completely? I am on...
  6. How do I remove this from my icons?

How do I remove this from my icons?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bedguy17 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flv185/how_do_i_remove_this_from_my_icons/
  7. Did Microsoft remove and restore the desktop icons settings option

Did Microsoft remove and restore the desktop icons settings option: You can go right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize then Themes and the Desktop icons settings are there to choose which of the icons you want on the desktop. Did Microsoft remove these settings? My boss purchased a third-party utility to restore this option....
  8. remove icon from taskbar

remove icon from taskbar: "filterkeys" appears in my taskbar as a hidden icon. No option to close or remove. I want to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-icon-from-taskbar/7c8f510c-6884-42c9-a031-d7b5a74c8780
  9. Option to turn off trackpad removed from settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Option to turn off trackpad removed from settings: So after a forced update, now I am no longer allowed to turn off the trackpad on my laptop. The option simply vanished from the settings menu. Why on earth would this option be taken away??...
  10. Remove icons from moving

Remove icons from moving: I have installed windows 10 enterprise v1607 on my personal computer. When i assign an icon to a folder and move it from a drive to another one it appears with the original icon. What's the problem and the solution? [img] 65052