Windows 10: Do we have debug symbols yet?

Discus and support Do we have debug symbols yet? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As stated clearly in the title, I wanna know when we are gonna get our debug symbols? Would have been nice to have my bsods debugged BEFORE RTM, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Carsomyr, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Carsomyr Win User

Do we have debug symbols yet?

As stated clearly in the title, I wanna know when we are gonna get our debug symbols? Would have been nice to have my bsods debugged BEFORE RTM, but since that is tomorrow that obviously isn't going to happen. Does anyone know when the symbols will be available? Will they be released tomorrow as well?

:)

Carsomyr, Jul 27, 2015
  2. sine---01 Win User

TextMessageEdit Error

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\TextMessageEditor.exe', Binary was not built with debug information.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\PCSCM.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ConnAPI.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcrt4.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\oleaut32.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcp60.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\version.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\comctl32.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msimg32.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\olepro32.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\comdlg32.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shlwapi.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mfc42u.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\imm32.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\lpk.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\usp10.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.2180_x-ww_a84f1ff9\comctl32.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\Mfc42loc.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\riched32.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCTF.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\clbcatq.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\comres.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\PCSuite\Services\CommonvMessageParser.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\PCSuite\ConfServer\ConfServer.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\atl.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml4.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\urlmon.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wininet.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\crypt32.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msasn1.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\secur32.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlang.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11\MSOXMLMF.DLL', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpsp2res.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\sxs.dll', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCTFIME.IME', No symbols loaded.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\SearchEngine.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\Resource\SearchEngine_Nokia.NGR', Binary was not built with debug information.

'TextMessageEditor.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\Lang\SearchEngine_eng.NLR', Binary was not built with debug information.

Unhandled exception at 0x0040a65c in TextMessageEditor.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000020.

(debug information provided by visual studio.net 2005)

sine---01, Jul 27, 2015
  3. ntkrnlmp.exe FAST_FAIL_CORRUPT_LIST_ENTRY

Since BSOD'S are always a combination of things and WinDBG can only tell you what happened in THIS crash it may simply be faster to do clean install instead of removing things one at a time until it stops.

While I appreciate the effort you have made in getting the symbols and in debugging as usual we need the actual DMPS. We can analyze a DMP but cant the text output.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 27, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

They're already here I believe.

Boozad, Jul 27, 2015
  5. Carsomyr Win User
    Grabbed the latest version of the SDK, still getting the same errors as I was here: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD, Windbg unable to load symbols

Again using the symbol server, and also on the download page the latest thing available is from like april, long before the RTM candidate was ever released.

Carsomyr, Jul 27, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    Are you running 10240?

Boozad, Jul 27, 2015
  7. Carsomyr Win User
    Yes lol I should probably update my sig *Tongue

Carsomyr, Jul 27, 2015
  8. Boozad Win User

I've found I can load symbols from dumps created in 10240, I couldn't read any from previous builds.

Boozad, Jul 27, 2015
  9. z3r010 Win User
    I've just tried a few of the latest posted dumps and the with no symbol errors.

z3r010, Jul 27, 2015
  10. Carsomyr Win User
    Hmm all the sudden I have no dmp files even though I had 2 bsods after 10240... welp I guess I have to wait until it happens again...

EDIT: I forgot to uncheck memory dumps when I updated CCleaner so it has erased my dmps, and the other dmp file was older than 10240, so your both probably right and I just have to wait til the next BSOD to troubleshoot.

Carsomyr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Do we have debug symbols yet? - Similar Threads - debug symbols yet

2. Having error symbol status

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having error symbol status: Can someone please help me sort out this error symbol. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-error-symbol-status/9136a50c-a45e-4385-a2f7-f20259d06a17
  3. Having error symbol status

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having error symbol status: Can someone please help me sort out this error symbol. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-error-symbol-status/9136a50c-a45e-4385-a2f7-f20259d06a17
  4. Do we have windows 12?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do we have windows 12?: Hi,I have some problem with windows 11, I want to Do we have windows 12 in close future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-we-have-windows-12/f3b2bbaf-c336-47e1-a8b2-4aeb0a75af8c
  5. Do we have windows 12?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do we have windows 12?: Hi,I have some problem with windows 11, I want to Do we have windows 12 in close future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-we-have-windows-12/f3b2bbaf-c336-47e1-a8b2-4aeb0a75af8c
  6. What to do with this debug?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What to do with this debug?: [1107/085720.926:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3[1113/145527.547:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3[1121/094956.674:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43]...
  7. How do we debug a “This service is unavailable” error message for our website?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do we debug a “This service is unavailable” error message for our website?: We've recently had an issue where our application/website was displaying "The service is unavailable" message to users. Please note it wasn't the typical message where it displays the 503 error code that IIS typically generates...the only text on the page was "The service is...
  8. Hyper-V Debugging Symbols Are Publicly Available

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V Debugging Symbols Are Publicly Available: The security of Microsoft’s cloud services is a top priority for us. One of the technologies that is central to cloud security is Microsoft Hyper-V which we use to isolate tenants from one another in the cloud. Given the importance of this technology, Microsoft has made and...
  9. Debug: Symbol for Kernel 10586.162.amd64fre.th2_release_sec.160223-172

Debug: Symbol for Kernel 10586.162.amd64fre.th2_release_sec.160223-172: Hi Im doing debugging with Windbg and urgently need the correct symbol for kernel version 10586.162.amd64fre.th2_release_sec.160223-1728? Thx for your help 69550
  10. No symbol pack for Creator's Update yet?

No symbol pack for Creator's Update yet?: I help out over at /r/techsupport and this guy with a fresh install of W10 is having bluescreens. Problem is that I get WRONG_SYMBOLS no matter what when checking out his dump files. I tried .symfix .reload and it downloads something, but when following up with a new analyze...