Windows 10: Do Windows 7 Games Work On Windows 10?

Discus and support Do Windows 7 Games Work On Windows 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey there! I know that I stopped PC gaming because windows 8 had MAJOR problems with compatibility of Windows 7 games. But now that Win 10 is out, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IronGames, Jul 30, 2015.

1. IronGames Win User

Do Windows 7 Games Work On Windows 10?

Hey there! I know that I stopped PC gaming because windows 8 had MAJOR problems with compatibility of Windows 7 games. But now that Win 10 is out, I was wondering if games like Call of duty MW3 or BO2 or anything like that would work. Thanks!

:)

IronGames, Jul 30, 2015

2. How do you make Windows 7 games work on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you better please confirm a few of things:

1. Is your system is compatible to play these games?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the below article the games which are compatible with Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Windows 10 Games Compatibility List

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 30, 2015
  3. How do you make Windows 7 games work on Windows 10

I have recently purchased an WIn10 PC.

Having also bought several games which are supposed to work with Win7 and Win8, I am not having any success

installing and playing them on Win10.

Some are able to be installed, but do not open.

Others don't even install.

The games are:

Combat Flight Simulator 3 - Battle for Europe.

IL2 Sturmovik - Forgotten Battles and 1946.

Victory at Sea (Will only install with Steam!) - Not happy with Steam.

I bought these games, as the games available on the Windows Store are inferior in every way.

I also am totally ot intersted in being forced to use XBox only to play games.

Is there something that can be done or downloaded to get these games to install and work properly.

Windows 10 seems to be geared very much towards forcing users to do "Everything"online.

I sincerely hope that this ideology fails.

Whodeanies, Jul 30, 2015
  4. The King Win User

Games work absolutely fine on Win 8 and even Win 10, maybe it's a problem with your PC and other apps you've installed that could affect game performance.

The King, Jul 30, 2015
  5. HEY
    hey Win User
    Yes I was playing Left 4 Dead 2 and it works great!

Thema:

1. Do Windows 7 Games Work On Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Games

2. When i have a game open all background apps take a few seconds for audio to come in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i have a game open all background apps take a few seconds for audio to come in.: Whenever i open a game it goes into exclusive mode but I have exclusive mode disabled. I had this problem a few month ago and disabled it and now its happening again without it active....
  3. When i have a game open all background apps take a few seconds for audio to come in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i have a game open all background apps take a few seconds for audio to come in.: Whenever i open a game it goes into exclusive mode but I have exclusive mode disabled. I had this problem a few month ago and disabled it and now its happening again without it active....
  4. Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message: before reseting my pc, valorant was running smoothly but due to some issues i had to reset the pc. After reseting it has been crashing mid game, that too without any error or specific message. The game just simple closes which is weird beacuse generally there isusually some...
  5. Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message

Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message: before reseting my pc, valorant was running smoothly but due to some issues i had to reset the pc. After reseting it has been crashing mid game, that too without any error or specific message. The game just simple closes which is weird beacuse generally there isusually some...
  6. pc restarts while starting game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc restarts while starting game: immediately after clicking maximize battlefield 3 pc restarted and this happened today 3 times. here is v2 log log file]DESKTOP-78NS6DE-2024-04-18_21-51-06.zip...
  7. pc restarts while starting game

pc restarts while starting game: immediately after clicking maximize battlefield 3 pc restarted and this happened today 3 times. here is v2 log log file]DESKTOP-78NS6DE-2024-04-18_21-51-06.zip...
  8. pc restarts while starting game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game: So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game. I have a Gigabyte Aorus 15P i7-11800H, RTX 3070, 16gb ram. It doesn't shut down mid game but rather after exiting the game while steam is trying to sync. It used to happen with Bioshock 1 and 2 and I just powered through...
  10. So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game

So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game: So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game. I have a Gigabyte Aorus 15P i7-11800H, RTX 3070, 16gb ram. It doesn't shut down mid game but rather after exiting the game while steam is trying to sync. It used to happen with Bioshock 1 and 2 and I just powered through...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can windows 7 games work on windows 10

2. battle over europe il2 win 10