Windows 10: Do Windows 7 Games Work On Windows 10?

Discus and support Do Windows 7 Games Work On Windows 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey there! I know that I stopped PC gaming because windows 8 had MAJOR problems with compatibility of Windows 7 games. But now that Win 10 is out, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IronGames, Jul 30, 2015.

1. IronGames Win User

Do Windows 7 Games Work On Windows 10?

Hey there! I know that I stopped PC gaming because windows 8 had MAJOR problems with compatibility of Windows 7 games. But now that Win 10 is out, I was wondering if games like Call of duty MW3 or BO2 or anything like that would work. Thanks!

:)

IronGames, Jul 30, 2015

2. How do you make Windows 7 games work on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you better please confirm a few of things:

1. Is your system is compatible to play these games?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the below article the games which are compatible with Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Windows 10 Games Compatibility List

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 30, 2015
  3. How do you make Windows 7 games work on Windows 10

I have recently purchased an WIn10 PC.

Having also bought several games which are supposed to work with Win7 and Win8, I am not having any success

installing and playing them on Win10.

Some are able to be installed, but do not open.

Others don't even install.

The games are:

Combat Flight Simulator 3 - Battle for Europe.

IL2 Sturmovik - Forgotten Battles and 1946.

Victory at Sea (Will only install with Steam!) - Not happy with Steam.

I bought these games, as the games available on the Windows Store are inferior in every way.

I also am totally ot intersted in being forced to use XBox only to play games.

Is there something that can be done or downloaded to get these games to install and work properly.

Windows 10 seems to be geared very much towards forcing users to do "Everything"online.

I sincerely hope that this ideology fails.

Whodeanies, Jul 30, 2015
  4. The King Win User

Games work absolutely fine on Win 8 and even Win 10, maybe it's a problem with your PC and other apps you've installed that could affect game performance.

The King, Jul 30, 2015
  5. HEY
    hey Win User
    Yes I was playing Left 4 Dead 2 and it works great!

Thema:

1. Do Windows 7 Games Work On Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Games

2. Gaming performance has become awful after Windows Update. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming performance has become awful after Windows Update. How do I fix this?: For the love of God, help me. My specs: HP Omen Laptop Intel i5-7300HQ nVidia GTX1060 6GB Max Q 8GB RAM 120Hz g-sync enabled screen I've had this laptop for over a year and it's never given me any problems. Unfortunately after updating to Windows 1903 its game...
  3. Microsoft Store Games won't start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Games won't start: I went to start world of tanks (downloaded off the store) and got this error : WoT Blitz is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001 I've tried a few different things I found on google (running Get-AppXPackage...
  4. White Screen on Launching apps(games) from windows store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White Screen on Launching apps(games) from windows store.: Apart from just showing white screen I have to launch the app multiple times to Load the game.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-screen-on-launching-appsgames-from-windows/b6a20c2c-b64c-4933-8e3f-fbf178ac4787
  5. I want to download my games from the Store to my Hard Drive (HDD), not my SSD. The store is...

I want to download my games from the Store to my Hard Drive (HDD), not my SSD. The store is...: Hello. I just bought the game pass and now I cannot download my games. Everytime I try to download the games, it just says the only place I can download them is my C drive (SSD). But that is clearly not true, I have a HDD with 1 TB on it. All other gaming subscription...
  6. game not working

game not working: minion rush game is still loading for a long time but not working. i mean it didn't start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-not-working/79a97446-a14d-4349-b621-be0fe8558d52"
  7. is there any proof that corrupted registry cause fps drops in game ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    is there any proof that corrupted registry cause fps drops in game ?: I heard someone from it say, even one freeze can corrupt registry, which even DISM mustn't repair. And it cause fps drops in game. After freeze i had, some time fps drops, but after running dism, it got fixed. I didn't find anything about topic. What in registry, which gets...
  8. Microsoft Minesweeper and Ultimate Word Games show as subscription has expired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Minesweeper and Ultimate Word Games show as subscription has expired: Since the last update, my subscriptions to Microsoft Ultimate Word Games and Microsoft Minesweeper have gone back to unpaid subscriptions and even though they say I am still subscribed and to play them through the X-Box game bar, it is still acting as if they need to be paid...
  9. How Do You Choose a Different Mic in Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do You Choose a Different Mic in Game Bar?: Hi, i'm rather new to the Game Bar and Windows 10 itself and i would like to know how to change a preferred microphone when recording with XBOX Game Bar for instance, the current situation i'm having is that i have my USB Microphone Headset and would like to use that...
  10. My audio makes a buzz sound and crashes when I game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio makes a buzz sound and crashes when I game: When there is a lot of things happening in game, my audio makes a buzz *brzzzt* sound and then crashes, game is still running fine but there is no audio and videos/livestreams on my browser goes black or refreshes. Information: Game: Fallout 76 ASUS ROG STRIX GL503VD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can windows 7 games work on windows 10

2. battle over europe il2 win 10