Windows 10: Do you foresee any issues upgrading this device to Win 10 ?

Discus and support Do you foresee any issues upgrading this device to Win 10 ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft Surface Pro 1 Windows 8 Pro 4 GB Ram, 128 GB internal storage. Derailed specs........ refer to this LINK. Since Free upgrade to Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davidhk, Aug 2, 2017.

1. davidhk Win User

Do you foresee any issues upgrading this device to Win 10 ?

Microsoft Surface Pro 1
    Windows 8 Pro
    4 GB Ram, 128 GB internal storage.

Derailed specs........ refer to this LINK.

Since Free upgrade to Win 10 is still available, do you gurus foresee any problem I may encounter when upgrading the above device to Win 10 ?

Thank you.

:)

davidhk, Aug 2, 2017
  2. Endre_am Win User

Putting SSD with activated Win 10 pro from an old laptop to a new one

Many thanks Shenan for your reply.

I should have mentioned, years back, I bought my Lenovo with free DOS, as I had a valid Win 7 pro license key (and I still have my Win 7 license key). When Win 10 was available i did the upgrade. Of course not foreseeing that the laptop monitor will be damaged.

I do not wish to waist the new SSD, and the second hand laptops come with old HDD, plus I do not with to waist the Win license either.

So, only way around, I presume, is to put the SSD into the "new" (second hand) laptop, do a clean install with my legit Win 7 pro and then upgrade it to Win 10 pro. Would this work?

regards

Endre

Endre_am, Aug 2, 2017
  3. Reinstalling Win 10 sometime after Win 10 was installed over Win 7.

One concern I have about accepting MS's offer of a free update from Win 7 to Win 10 is the potential need to reinstall Win 10 sometime down the road. My computer has a reinstall partition on the hard drive for Win 7, but if I have to use this option,
    say two years from now, how can I then upgrade again to Win 10, since the free update offer will have expired? I have had to reinstall Win 7 twice for various reasons, so I foresee the need to reinstall Win 10 in the future.

WilliamKeyser, Aug 2, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

It depends on how much free space you have on the internal storage.

NavyLCDR, Aug 2, 2017
  5. davidhk Win User
    Bought it from eBay from a seller with whom I had done many transactions before. Trust is not an issue.
    Awaiting for delivery.
    Item is expected to be reset to factory settings when I take possession of the item.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Do you foresee any issues upgrading this device to Win 10 ? - Similar Threads - foresee issues upgrading

2. Do you have any light versions of Win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you have any light versions of Win 10?: Running Win 10 Home on HP Stream Tablet 32gig HD, 1gig RamVery slow Are there any light versions of Win 10 available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-have-any-light-versions-of-win-10/1f2ffd73-a1d1-4f77-8337-249c40404c67
  3. Do you have any light versions of Win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do you have any light versions of Win 10?: Running Win 10 Home on HP Stream Tablet 32gig HD, 1gig RamVery slow Are there any light versions of Win 10 available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-have-any-light-versions-of-win-10/1f2ffd73-a1d1-4f77-8337-249c40404c67
  4. Do you have any light versions of Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrading to Win 10 pro issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Win 10 pro issues: I cannot upgrade to Win 10 Pro, even though I have purchased the upgrades for both Pro and Pro For Workstations. I have purchased the following upgrades: Windows 10 Pro August 27, 2017 Windows 10 Pro for Workstations on March 18, 2018 Every time when I reinstall windows...
  6. Upgrading to "Win 10 for workstations" issue

Upgrading to "Win 10 for workstations" issue: Hello, I have reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and I cannot upgrade to "Win 10 for workstations" even though I bought both upgrades for win 10 pro and for workstations two years ago. Every time I go to the Microsoft Store it is offering to buy that again. Thanks for...
  7. Win 10 Upgrade issues -

Win 10 Upgrade issues -: I purchased a full version of Win10 Pro last week and upgraded today from Win 7 after several attempts. It seems to work okay but I was curious what version it was so I checked it use the winver command. It shows to be Version10.0 Build 10240. After a web search I learned...
  8. Win 10 upgrade issue

Win 10 upgrade issue: Hello Sir: I'm planning to upgrade my PC from Win 7 to 10. At first, I booted my PC with Win 10 CD, after the step I chose "Upgrade: Install Windows and keep files, settings, and applications", I got an error message that "The computer started using the Windows Installation...
  9. Can you still do a free upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10

Can you still do a free upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10: Is it still possible to free upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-still-do-a-free-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win/95e02322-1f43-499b-b5eb-9530382bae11
  10. Any way to upgrade baytrail Win 8.1 to any version of Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to upgrade baytrail Win 8.1 to any version of Win 10?: I'm getting a factory installed dual boot Win 8.1/Android 4.4 tablet that has an Intel Baytrail Z3735F processor. Will I be able to upgrade the Win 8.1 to any version of Windows 10, be it original full or mobile versions? Thanks. 7277