Windows 10: Do you have to double click to get Cortana to open?

Discus and support Do you have to double click to get Cortana to open? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't know if it's just me but I wanted to at least try Cortana so I moved my mouse down to the Cortana icon (as I shrunk it down to an icon as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Traijan, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Traijan Win User

Do you have to double click to get Cortana to open?

I don't know if it's just me but I wanted to at least try Cortana so I moved my mouse down to the Cortana icon (as I shrunk it down to an icon as the search box takes up too much space) and now when I try to click on it, nothing happens on the first click, but if I immediately click again, it will open up.

It's as if the popup tooltip telling me it's cortana is stealing the focus and not allowing the click to register.

Is this a known issue or something wrong that I'm doing?

:)

Traijan, Aug 3, 2015

2. What do you have to do to get Cortana to actually track flights?

Never worked for me here in the UK. Always works with Google Now.

There doesn't seem to be any Microsoft documentation on this. All it seems to rely on is saying it reads your email!

Not mine.

Steve

ponsaelius, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    What do you have to do to get Cortana to actually track flights?

Cortana Alpha is useless and forced on regions outside of the US and UK. We don't get the beta for whatever reason.

Entegy, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Do you have to double click to get Cortana to open?

Alternatively you can hit Start or the win-key and start typing. Or speak to her by saying "Hey Cortana", if you have that feature enabled & a mic.

fracking4oil, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Traijan Win User
    Thanks for the info, but after a year of having to do everything by voice on my computer from opening programs to data entry (due to having a hand paralyzed) I never want to have to talk to my computer ever again (now that I've regained full use of the hand).

But good to know about the shortcuts although still curious if this is a known issue with tooltips causing problems or it's as designed to be annoying like this.

Traijan, Aug 3, 2015
  6. No, it's designed to be a one click open.

fracking4oil, Aug 3, 2015
  7. altae Win User
    Holy sh... I think you just "fixed" my search problem. If it wasn't for you I'd never have tried double clicking the search icon. Well, sometimes solutions are directly under your nose and you cannot see them *Wink

altae, Aug 3, 2015
  8. Tonyb Win User

Do you have to double click to get Cortana to open? [​IMG]

you can turn off hey cortana from here alternatively you can turn it all off.

Tonyb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Do you have to double click to get Cortana to open? - Similar Threads - double click Cortana

2. Double click does not open documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click does not open documents: I have Version 22H2OSBuild 19045.4170 when I double click my documents no longer open up. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-does-not-open-documents/890ff505-0c0a-4811-a25b-4ada9432051d
  3. Double Click to open Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double Click to open Taskbar icons: The subject says it all. I am used to double clicking everything and want to do the same on Taskbar icons. I tried switching to single-click on everything, but File Explorer underlines every file and folder when you choose single click., which I don't like, so back to double...
  4. Why Do I Sometimes Have To Double Click To Open Things?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why Do I Sometimes Have To Double Click To Open Things?: This Problem Started Yesterday I Dont Know If It's My Computer Or My Mouse, I Belive this is because of a software i downloaded 2 days ago called X mouse button control it did nothing i reset all my "mouse" settings then deleted it and after that the next day the problem...
  5. Using double-click to open files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using double-click to open files: Recently, I can no longer use double-click to open files either from desktop icons or within sub-files. I have to left click to select, then right-click, then move cursor to "open, then left-click open. This is a great degradation in performance. Will this be reversed or...
  6. Double click on the folder is not opening it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Double click on the folder is not opening it: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-on-the-folder-is-not-opening-it/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  7. Double-clicking opens folders but not files

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-clicking opens folders but not files: When I double-click on a folder, the folder opens. Good. But when I double-click on a file or document for the first time, it doesn't open (i.e., it doesn't launch the application to read that file). Instead, the filename is shaded and there's a box around the filename as if...
  8. excel won't open with double click

in Windows 10 Customization
    excel won't open with double click: excel macro won't open another excel file as double clicking only opens a blank excel screen# https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-wont-open-with-double-click/fead79dc-cd4d-44d8-8ac0-766c80d495a8
  9. How do you get Cortana to talk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you get Cortana to talk?: I can't seem to get it to talk. It only answers my questions through text or does a Bing search. 9777
  10. [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click: Recently, an issue arised in which I can't open file folders with double click. The spinning wheel cursor shows up for a split second but nothing happens. I have to open context menu and choose Open to access the folder. I noticed I can't open folders within Chrome download...