Windows 10: Do you use Cortana?

Discus and support Do you use Cortana? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone use Cortana on their computer or tablet? Useful productivity tool, cute novelty, or marketing gimmick? 11163 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pseudoware, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Do you use Cortana?

Does anyone use Cortana on their computer or tablet? Useful productivity tool, cute novelty, or marketing gimmick?

:)

pseudoware, Jul 31, 2015
  2. hieuhung Win User

How do you accept the term of use? And how do you set up My Family? This is far too complicated for it's own good!

hieuhung, Jul 31, 2015
  3. How do you accept the term of use? And how do you set up My Family? This is far too complicated for it's own good!

i need my family parent setup

manirathinam, Jul 31, 2015
  4. EziaN Win User

Do you use Cortana?

Cortana is not avaliable in my language, and therfore i can not turn it on, even though i can speak english just fine.

EziaN, Jul 31, 2015
  5. No I dont. Thats for children really...

johnnybgood, Jul 31, 2015
  6. I was tempted, but opted to disable it with all the data it needs to collect.

MortTheBeast, Jul 31, 2015
  7. YOU
    You Win User
    I did for 5 seconds. It's fun to say dumb stuff to it, but otherwise, all can really do is search on Bing (ugh), check the weather, set alarms, open programs, and some other things that can accomplish much quicker by just doing it rself. can't even open websites directly (saying to open Google.com for example opens Bing and searches for "open Google.com")!

8. Do you use Cortana?

Nope. I turned off all the info sharing options, so... no Cortana for me. I really don't care, really. It doesn't seem useful to me at all.

Adamastorx, Jul 31, 2015
  9. Simba Win User
    I would use it, if it spoke to you with the same voice as cortana from Halo *Smile

Simba, Jul 31, 2015
  10. thomash Win User
    I'd probably use it occasionally if they didn't try to force me to sign in to Windows with my MS account. No thanks!

I did try it for a few minutes before switching it back off, really wasn't that impressed - Google's voice search on my smartphone is better, I found a lot of the time it just opens Bing search with what I said (even though Bing is NOT my default search provider, Google is, duh). The Apple Siri thing is also better.

And frankly, I don't really need this kind of thing on a computer, even though it can be useful on a smartphone.

thomash, Jul 31, 2015
  11. Not currently, although I have it set up

It doesn't sync fully with win phone 8.1 so not using it, when win phone 10 comes out with full syncing then I will use it

paulsalter, Jul 31, 2015
  12. sray Win User
    No. Not for me thanks.

13. Do you use Cortana?

I have tried speech recognition a few years back with a better software than even Cortana is now, but it is not meant for desktop, by the time you say, what you want, you can do it like 2-3 times using a mouse or a keyboard. It is a good idea for devices like TV, tablets or sets in the kitchen and such, it is more convenient.

TairikuOkami, Jul 31, 2015
  14. Tonyb Win User
    I tried it and i'm pissed my mic is not compatible with it and i have to use crappy one on my ms high def cam which is hardly compatible with it to, i'm forced if i want to use it go buy a new desktop mic, MS pisses me off making cortona use a high def mic or some crap.

Tonyb, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Do you use Cortana?

1. Do you use Cortana? - Similar Threads - Cortana

2. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  3. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  4. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. End of support for Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  6. End of support for Cortana

End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  7. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  8. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  9. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...
  10. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...