Windows 10: Documentation reference

Discus and support Documentation reference in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I built a new PC for my Father in-law He had Windows 7 on his old PC. I'm writing document for him on how to use Windows 10 and all the customizations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jerry06, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Jerry06 Win User

Documentation reference

I built a new PC for my Father in-law He had Windows 7 on his old PC. I'm writing document for him on how to use Windows 10 and all the customizations I made. In the document I referenced this website and placed the logo from the upper left corner in the document.

Of course I placed the link to this website in the document as well. Is there any reference information I need to document?

PS: I highly recommended this website and said to sign up for a user id so he can ask questions and troubleshoot on his own too. *Wink In the past he tried to troubleshoot on his own and followed every website that he thought would fix the problem. *Wink

:)

Jerry06, Nov 2, 2017

2. resetting documents folder reference in ThisPC

Right-click the Documents icon, go to Properties. On the Location tab, choose the folder you want that icon to use for the basis of your Documents, then click OK.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 2, 2017
  3. resetting documents folder reference in ThisPC

I've had to mess around with my Documents folder in my users folder. There are two references to that folder, one in Quick Access and the other is in ThisPC. I've found a way to reset the one in quick access but cannot get the one in ThisPC to point
    to my current Documents folder. How may I reset the pointer?

hustlinghare, Nov 2, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member
Thema:

Documentation reference

1. Documentation reference - Similar Threads - Documentation reference

2. How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?: My document have numbers instead of my file names. I want to replace the numbers with my file names. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-replace-numbers-with-document-names-in/5db0b361-f567-47bd-a1d4-677d2a1eeb81
  3. Issue with Inventor 2024 referring to template files as OLE2 compound document storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Inventor 2024 referring to template files as OLE2 compound document storage: Looking for some help...I use Inventor 2024 for design work. In this latest version, the file types for several different types of file are all showing as OLE2 compound document storage. When I go to these file using windows explorer they have the correct file type shown. I...
  4. Issue with Inventor 2024 referring to template files as OLE2 compound document storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Inventor 2024 referring to template files as OLE2 compound document storage: Looking for some help...I use Inventor 2024 for design work. In this latest version, the file types for several different types of file are all showing as OLE2 compound document storage. When I go to these file using windows explorer they have the correct file type shown. I...
  5. Issue with Inventor 2024 referring to template files as OLE2 compound document storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. My Documents, My Pics are referring to the Temp account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My Documents, My Pics are referring to the Temp account: My boss' computer just started doing this. He logs in and all of the his Documents and Pictures are gone. Quickbooks can't find its files. If you look into his User account, everything is there. So I had him change the location of his Documents folder and the current path is...
  7. The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Document Locations.lnk' refers to is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Document Locations.lnk' refers to is...: The error message I am getting is in the title. This is a shortcut everyone in our office has been using for a very long time. The problem shortcut is a drive location on a network. Whenever i try to access the drive I get this error message and i am locked out of the...
  8. Documents/Desktop/Pictures etc. refer to same location issue

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Documents/Desktop/Pictures etc. refer to same location issue: Sorry about the ambiguous title but I am not one hundred percent certain how to best articulate my issue. Essentially I tried to move all my Program Files/x86 and My Desktop/Documents/Pictures etc. from my SSD to my HDD following this tutorial: How to move program files to a...
  9. How do I make “Documents” under This PC refer to a local folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make “Documents” under This PC refer to a local folder?: In the left folder tree panel in File Explorer, there are root folders including Quick Access, OneDrive, This PC, etc. Under This PC, there are several folders like Downloads and Music which refer to local directories as expected. But This PC > Documents refers to...
  10. Opened documents for Notepad reference 2 icons in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Opened documents for Notepad reference 2 icons in Taskbar: I have been noticing that whenever I open up existing TXT documents, I get them all referencing the same Notepad icon in the Taskbar; this is the way it is supposed to work. However, if I open up the Notepad application from scratch to get a new document, an additional...