Windows 10: Documents and Pictures on This PC are showing the OneDrive folders

Discus and support Documents and Pictures on This PC are showing the OneDrive folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I am new to the forums and I just bought a brand new Lenovo G51 laptop less than a week ago. It is a nice computer and the only problem I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jmidd88, Mar 5, 2017.

1. jmidd88 Win User

Documents and Pictures on This PC are showing the OneDrive folders

Hello. I am new to the forums and I just bought a brand new Lenovo G51 laptop less than a week ago. It is a nice computer and the only problem I have with it is that when I signed in to OneDrive it shows under "This PC" the Documents, Pictures folders from OneDrive instead of the folders from the %userprofile% location. I have set up under Auto Save in OneDrive settings for This PC only but it still shows the OneDrive folders. Is there any way to fix the problem?

I've taken a screenshot to show what I'm talking about.

Documents and Pictures on This PC are showing the OneDrive folders [​IMG]

:)

jmidd88, Mar 5, 2017
  2. grahambm Win User

Help with location of user folders when Onedrive and Dropbox are being used.

When I recently did a clean install of Win10 on my wife's computer, it put a number of folders in her Onedrive folder (without asking!). She has an outlook.com email account. This was quite fortunate in a way because one of the folders was her Desktop. This
    helped in the clean install. She logs into her computer using a local log-in.

My question relates to Onedrive, Dropbox, This PC and User-gerry for documents, pictures etc

What I find, is that there are folders for documents and pictures, in Dropbox, Onedrive and in This PC. There are no such folders under users-gerry, but Dropbox and Onedrive are there.

For example:

Onedrive

- Documents

- Pictures

- Desktop

- others

Dropbox

- Documents

- Pictures

- others

This PC

- Document

- Pictures

- others

Users-->Gerry

- Dropbox

- Onedrive

- others, but no separate documents or pictures folders

I tried changing the name of one file in Dropbox Documents, but that change did not show up in Onedrive or the This PC folder. I could do some more testing, but it seemed folders are not synchronized.

The above resulted from doing a clean install to a new drive, then copying the key folders over from old Win 10 drive that I put in an external enclosure.

What I am looking for, is the proper locations for documents & pictures. Should I create those folders in user-gerry, then copy all the files to those. Then delete them in This PC, Dropbox and Onedrive and let them resync? Or what is best plan?

Thanks for any help

* Moved from Windows 7

grahambm, Mar 5, 2017
  3. Documents folder missing under "This PC" Windows 10

The regular Documents folder is redirected to OneDrive's Documents folder if you've selected the option "OneDrive" instead of "This PC Only" in the Documents and Pictures settings in OneDrive.

To cancel the redirection:

Right-click OneDrive icon in the Notification area, and click Settings. In the "Auto save" tab, select "This PC only" for Documents and/or Pictures.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 5, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

The only way I've found to fix the problem for me was to disable OneDrive then Uninstall it. The data I need when on other computers is best kept on USB Thumb/Flash drives.

Berton, Mar 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Documents and Pictures on This PC are showing the OneDrive folders - Similar Threads - Documents Pictures are

2. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...
  3. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...
  4. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  5. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  6. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Problems moving Documents & Pictures folders from OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems moving Documents & Pictures folders from OneDrive folder: Hi. I have a new laptop which I am just setting up to my liking and I didn't want OneDrive. This may have been a mistake but I have cleaned out all the files from the cloud and uninstalled OneDrive from my computer. I have been left with a OneDrive folder in my users/name...
  8. Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders.

Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders.: I was moving some folders around and my Documents folder ended up getting moved into my OneDrive Folder from This PC. Where my Documents folder used to be there's now a duplicate Pictures folder with the same icon as my old Documents Folder. When I tried to restore the...
  9. Why is the Documents folder in OneDrive showing up in ''This PC''?

Why is the Documents folder in OneDrive showing up in ''This PC''?: Hi gurus, Need help to fix this problem. 1 I have setup a new laptop with Windows 10 Home OS. 2 But in the File Explorer, the the Documents folder under ''This PC'' is the Documents folder in OneDrive. It's not the local Documents that is local in the hard drive of the...
  10. Documents folder replaced by OneDrive documents in This PC

Documents folder replaced by OneDrive documents in This PC: I am setting up a new installation of Windows 10 Pro v.1809. When I opened Windows Explorer, under This PC, the usual Documents folder has been replaced by OneDrive Documents. I have not done anything to cause this - it was somehow a result of the installation. Below is...