Windows 10: Documents Backup advice

Discus and support Documents Backup advice in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Can anyone suggest a simple to use free programme to backup my documents folder to an external drive. Just a simple copy all documents and then any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Bobbyboy, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Bobbyboy Win User

Documents Backup advice

Can anyone suggest a simple to use free programme to backup my documents folder to an external drive.
    Just a simple copy all documents and then any changes to the backed up folder, every hour.
    There seems so many to choose from and to be honest I am no computer expert and the ones I have tried seem rather complicated to me.

Thanks for any replies.

:)

Bobbyboy, Oct 21, 2016
  2. Vk8366 Win User

Unable to sign in with 1 out of 4 users accounts on Win 10

Thanks but no luck.

Ran the startup repair which said it could not load windows correctly.

Suggested to return it to a previous restore point which I accepted.

Problem still there.

Wouldn't it be better that I backup the user's folder from admin? Delete the user entirely and just restore the user files?

If so i need advice on which to restore and not to restore.

I have a backup of the Outlook mail files and all the Documents of this user.

/

Vk8366, Oct 21, 2016
  3. Deleting Hidden Folders

My "Documents" folder contains 3 hidden folders - "My Music", "My Pictures" and "My Videos". I use a batch file to backup my documents, but it gets to a point and says Access denied and that it can't create a My Music folder on the backup drive. It then
    doesn't continue backing up my "Documents".

How can I delete these hidden folders so I can backup all my documents?

stevebeasley, Oct 21, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Documents Backup advice

EdTittel, Oct 21, 2016
  5. Bobbyboy Win User
    I would prefer something that would allow me to save documents to two different hard drives.

Bobbyboy, Oct 21, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    simrick, Oct 21, 2016
  7. Samuria Win User

Documents Backup advice

Save to ms one drive or Google drive you don't have to do anything it will backup on its own and safe in the cloud were you can gett it

Samuria, Oct 21, 2016
  8. John035 Win User
    If, as I recommend, you elect to get backup software, there are many good choices. I personally use and recommend EaseUS Todo Backup , the backup program included with the operating system appears also worthy of consideration.

John035, Oct 25, 2016
  9. Stitch194 Win User
    I use AomeiBackupper, easy to use interface and it's free. Aomei has very good user reviews.

Stitch194, Oct 25, 2016
  10. Steve C Win User
    I already use Macrium Reflect Free for system backups but it doesn't support file/folder backup like EaseUS Todo Backup Free. Would the EaseUS backup software operate when Refelect is installed and does it install specific rivers since I don't want to install additional drivers?

Steve C, Oct 26, 2016
  11. Barman58 Win User
    EaseUS Backup does not add any drivers AFAIK and is capable to do both system and data (file backup) with restore media creation too. It is different to Macrium Reflect to use and will obviously take a little learning but I find it's a good package. The Macrium image is I believe a little easier to use and restore from so you would probably be better retaining this EaseUS backup is fine for your File backups and should not upset your existing imaging system

Barman58, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Documents Backup advice

1. Documents Backup advice - Similar Threads - Documents Backup advice

2. Advice on where to save Aoemi Backups

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Advice on where to save Aoemi Backups: I have just installed an update to my AOEMI BACKUPPER program. Before I update my Backups I would appreciate some advice. I see my current Backup, at over 20 GB takes up quite a lot of space on my C Drive. Is there any reason why I should not delete it and just keep the...
  3. Motherboard and SSD Replacement: Need Backup Advice

Motherboard and SSD Replacement: Need Backup Advice: Dell cannot tell if the motherboard or the SSD is defective, so they are going to replace both under warranty. I have until now never had a two-drive computer, so I need advice on what to backup before the remove/replace is done. The replacement mother board will have Windows...
  4. Motherboard and SSD Replacement: Need Backup Advice

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Motherboard and SSD Replacement: Need Backup Advice: Dell cannot tell if the motherboard or the SSD is defective, so they are going to replace both under warranty. I have until now never had a two-drive computer, so I need advice on what to backup before the remove/replace is done. The replacement mother board will have Windows...
  5. Advice for free backup software with incremental backup capability?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advice for free backup software with incremental backup capability?: I've tried Easeus, AOMEI, and a few others, but can't figure out how to do an incremental backup. Basically I'd like to either backup my Disk or just the files and folders on my C:/ drive, and have the ability to do an incremental backup every week or so. Easeus says free...
  6. Backup strategy advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup strategy advice: Hi there, I would like to ask some of you for advice on how to make better backups for my Windows 10 PC. Right now I have the file history tool set up for important things like documents and such. However, there's also some stuff that I don't need to be saved in multiple...
  7. Backup Advice.

Backup Advice.: Hi, I need some backup advice. I have a WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra 2x4TB (RAID 1) storage and was wondering if I would need any other sort of backup device so I don't lose my valuable data? Maybe another NAS or an extra SSD 4TB? 141789
  8. Backup Advice, I'm Confused

Backup Advice, I'm Confused: Windows includes a number of backup tools. Onedrive and to an external hard drive. I've notice some go to OneDriveand others to my external hard drive. Should I use both types of back ups or just one? With earlier PC's everything was backed up to my external hard drive. If I...
  9. Backup advice for a laptop and desktop

Backup advice for a laptop and desktop: I am looking for an affordable backup system for two Windows computers. I have a laptop with Windows 10 and a desktop with Windows 7. I'd like to find a non-cloud external drive and the software to make it happen. What I'm thinking is a 2 or 4 TB drive that I could divide...
  10. backup tutorial/advice needed

backup tutorial/advice needed: i need to backup my complete pc as i am going to install the windows 10 preview. the trouble is that i havent got a usb hard drive. so how do i do this and what software do i use to do this? 2354