Windows 10: Documents deleted after update

Discus and support Documents deleted after update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I have just updated Windows 10 to Version 1511 Build 10586.36, and files stored locally in My Documents have disappeared. Photos are still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by aewart, Dec 19, 2015.

1. aewart Win User

Documents deleted after update

Hi all,

I have just updated Windows 10 to Version 1511 Build 10586.36, and files stored locally in My Documents have disappeared. Photos are still there but documents are nowhere to be found. Has anyone else had this?

Thanks
    Alex

:)

aewart, Dec 19, 2015

2. Profiles documents deleted after Windows 10 update - KB4056892 (compilación del SO 16299.192)

I had the same happen to me. My computer created a new user with an .0000 at the end of my old user accounts. I am unable to long in under my old user account even though I use the same account information to long in; I am routed to this .0000 user account.
    This has created a problem with my applications (iTunes) that are associated with user account. How do I get my computer to long in to the old user account and stop logging into this .0000 user account? I am afraid that if I completely delete the duplicate.0000
    account, it will crash my computer.

ivyseabreeze, Dec 19, 2015
  3. Profiles documents deleted after Windows 10 update - KB4056892 (compilación del SO 16299.192)

***Profiles documents deleted after Windows 10 update - KB4056892 (compilación del SO 16299.192)***

I have windows 10 installed since two years ago. Last two weeks the system
    has been updating itself too many times
    . After last restart, when logging into the system we become surprised to see the
    welcome message,
    like a fresh install and very angry when verifying that the documents had
    disappeared
    . The profiles. The profiles have been converted into
    new profiles

My installation has two disks and i had a junk from C:\Users to E:\Users The E disk is a SSD disk. Everything has been working very well until this latest update. Now i can see a new JUNK from
    C:\home to a volume (<JUNCTION> home [\??\Volume{7db526e7-0000-0000-0090-a52226000000}\]) this volume is E.
    I have not created this new junk; all the profiles located in E:\users are now with empty folders (Documents,Desktop, etc).

We did not have many files in the profile directories since we have a NAS.

But now we have lost trust inwindows 10
    and its automatic updates.

This last automatic update of windows 10 seems to come with some bugs.

I had heard before other users who had lost profiles when upgrading from windows 7 / windows 8 to windows 10 but not from the windows 10 itself.

Could Microsoft confirm this error?, There is some solution?

¿This means that we must make a backup every time windows 10 asks to update?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Francisco Molinelli, Dec 19, 2015
  4. aewart Win User

OK may have posted too soon - i've found my documents. Looks like if you click on My Documents in File Explorer, it seems to take you to a different storage area compared with C:\Users\User\Documents...if you root around in that directory, the files are there. No idea why this has happened but seems pretty ridiculous.

aewart, Dec 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Documents deleted after update - Similar Threads - Documents deleted update

2. Update Deleted Documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Deleted Documents: I installed the latest Windows update last week and all my desktop documents were deleted, and other documents went missing. I located the 'My Documents' folder and moved it to the desktop. To recover my desktop documents I uninstalled the update. This meant that the 'My...
  3. Delete "Documents & Settings" folder without deleting Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete "Documents & Settings" folder without deleting Documents: I have two computers: WinXP Pro & Win10. When I got my Win10 computer, I copied over all my document files. They were in C:\Documents and Settings\Phil\Data in WinXP (I changed the default "My Documents" to Data). Of course, Win10, has Documents folder. What I have now in...
  4. Missing documents after update.

Missing documents after update.: I did an "update and restart" 3 days ago. Now many of my files are missing. Some remain, but at least 2/3 are gone. I've tried the recommended restart 4 times, but no success. How do I recover these files?...
  5. documents and programs have been deleted after an update

documents and programs have been deleted after an update: Help my documents and programs have been deleted after an update and I didn't do a backup but have save most to an external drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-and-programs-have-been-deleted-after-an/c2efde6b-ec7f-4429-8ff0-5f06994a8c91
  6. Documents deleted from Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents deleted from Documents folder: Twice my documents have been deleted from the Documents folder. Why? Stop it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-deleted-from-documents-folder/e4820f99-d6b3-4c03-855b-d996b67cb146
  7. Document Lost after update

Document Lost after update: Good Afternoon Excuse my English, I am Afrikaans. I need urgent help. I am a teacher who updated my windows last week. Since I updated some of my documents have just disappeared out of some of my folders. It is documents that I urgently need back. When I go to WORD and...
  8. documents missing after update?

documents missing after update?: how do I restore my documents after an update?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-missing-after-update/87d6d118-2530-4c5b-b740-f4082cd342cb
  9. Recover documents deleted after Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Recover documents deleted after Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Windows 10 October 2018 Update is available with several new features but it turns out that the update is causing more hard than good for some users. According to several users, the documents and files are missing after installing Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version...
  10. Deleted Document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Document: I deleted a word document without saving it, is it possible to recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/deleted-document/59ee5c6d-5354-4704-b675-b1226eec0403