Windows 10: Documents folder needs administrator privileges

Discus and support Documents folder needs administrator privileges in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I was using Windows 8.1, I could move and edit the contents of my Documents folder with ease. Now, since I upgraded to Windows 10, I need to grant... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Razor, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Razor Win User

Documents folder needs administrator privileges

When I was using Windows 8.1, I could move and edit the contents of my Documents folder with ease. Now, since I upgraded to Windows 10, I need to grant administrator permissions to every action I try to take on the Documents folder. Since a lot of my apps save items to that folder, I'm getting errors because they cannot access the folder now. For instance, if I try to edit a .txt file in the Documents folder, it won't let me. I'd need to save that edited .txt somewhere else and then move it to the Documents folder while granting admin rights.

Why is it doing this, and how do I disable it? I don't want to have a UAC box popping up every time I try to do something in the Documents folder.

:)

Razor, Aug 9, 2015
  2. LoriB2182 Win User

Administrator issues

I can't seem to install downloaded software because I keep getting an error that I need to sign out and sign on as administrator, however, I have only 1 user on my computer (me) and it clearly states I am the administrator. I also keep getting errors that
    I do not have privileges to view certain documents and need administrator privileges for that as well. I am REALLY scratching my head on this. To get around the document viewing, I just adjust the privileges to "everyone" but this doesn't help me with installing
    software.

Thank you!

LoriB2182, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Administrator Privileges

Thank you Navneet, Problem still exists plus additional problems are appearing i.e. I now cannot save documents etc into existing folders because I don't have the privileges. (This relates to documents compiled in Office 2003 even though I have upgraded
    to Office 2013) When I click SAVE or SAVE AS the SAVE window does not repond at all, I have tried replicating documents in Office 2013 but get same negative response.

When following your instructions I had to (hope I was correct) change File Explorer for This PC, drive folder for C Drive (same thing), and then select the ownership to Administrator (james/PC/Administrator). I think I mentioned before that despite not being
    able to scan from the printer Quick Menu I can exercise Administrator Privilege via the file folder which is a nuisance.

road runnern 1, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Documents folder needs administrator privileges

1. Documents folder needs administrator privileges - Similar Threads - Documents folder needs

2. Administrator Privileges Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Privileges Needed: I am sole account for my home Dell Inspiron Laptop using Windows 10 Pro. I am listed as Administrator under accounts but cannot delete some files because it doesn't recognize me as Administrator. How can I function as Administrator on my personal computer?...
  3. Administrator Privileges Needed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Privileges Needed: I am sole account for my home Dell Inspiron Laptop using Windows 10 Pro. I am listed as Administrator under accounts but cannot delete some files because it doesn't recognize me as Administrator. How can I function as Administrator on my personal computer?...
  4. Administrator Privileges Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Administrator Privileges

Administrator Privileges: How can I get administrator privileges for my Microsoft account on my PC? I went to setting - accounts - and there is no "Family/User Options" to click on to put my microsoft user name as an administrator. I need to download apps and the PC is blocking me on some of them...
  6. administrator privileges

administrator privileges: when I try to play a game I get a pop up that says administrator privileges denied how do I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-privileges/a834187a-1f8b-4fbe-8c69-1c8f0a33bc41
  7. Administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator privileges: I am administrator on my computer. Why do I need permission from trustedinstaller, system or any other number of groups on my computer to modify, delete or otherwise make changes to my computer?...
  8. Administrator with no privileges?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator with no privileges?: I have an administrator account on windows 10 desktop. I have a program (MySQL workbench) that was installed, uninstalled, and some months later reinstalled because after all I do want to use it. The program according to MySQL forum did not uninstall some of the old files -...
  9. administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    administrative privileges: Running Windows 10 with latest updates and am attempting to execute "netsh wlan show wlanreport" from comand prompt. I go to start menu, select command prompt, right click it, and select "run as administrator". From the resulting command prompt, I can execute various NETSH...
  10. administrator privileges...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator privileges...: I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result of this is that I now have...