Documents folder suddenly completly empty

Discus and support Documents folder suddenly completly empty in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hello all, Today I turned on my (what I believed to be perfectly functional) PC to discover to my horror that my Documents folder (where I keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doublebind, Jun 5, 2018.

1. doublebind Win User

Hello all,

Today I turned on my (what I believed to be perfectly functional) PC to discover to my horror that my Documents folder (where I keep everything of value) is completely empty. My SSD is a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB. 1yr old I believe.

What I've tried:

1) Restarting multiple times
    2) Shutting down. Waiting 10 mins then turning on again.
    3) Shutting down. Waiting 10 mins. Turning off power for 10 mins. Returning power. Turning on.
    4) Full virus scan (Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2019). All good.
    5) chkdsk. All good.
    6) SFC. All good.
    7) Properties on disk. Then error check. All good.
    8) Checking manually all user folders. Hidden files and folders option always ticked.
    9) Searching in whole PC for files I know existed.
    10) Indexing error check. All good.
    11) No backups. My own error.
    12) Search manually in AppData.
    13) Updated Samsung Magician to 5.2.1
    14) Using various software to open recent files (for example Photoshop to open a recent photo)

Any ideas? Because I'm all out...

:)

doublebind, Jun 5, 2018
  2. joesoup(2) Win User

Games folder suddenly empty Windows 10

Using Windows 10. This morning the games folder was suddenly empty. I found instructions that were for Windows 7 on how to turn on games, and tried to use the same method, but when I went to "turn windows features on and off" in the Windows 10 control
    panel, 'games' isn't on the list. Any suggestions?

joesoup(2), Jun 8, 2018
  3. Prabhavathi Patil Win User
    Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Documents folder suddenly completly empty

Documents folder suddenly completly empty - Similar Threads - Documents folder suddenly

1. Cannot restore default location of Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot restore default location of Documents folder: I accidentically set the location of my Documents folder to D:\ and now cannot restore it to C:\Users\MyName\Documents. When I try this I get the message "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\System Volume Information. Access is denied". How can I...
  2. Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed

in Windows 10 Support
    Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed: I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a SSD. I'm keeping many files on an external USB hard drive. I had included the external drive's Documents folder in my Documents library. The File Explorer displayed files and folders on both the internal SSD and the external drive...
  3. Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder: My wife and I have administrator accounts on the same computer. I recently scanned a document and saved the scan in the Public Documents folder ( I have public folder sharing turned on). I can open the scanned document without a problem but when my wife tries to open it she...
  4. Help with folder permissions for Pics, Videos, Documents etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with folder permissions for Pics, Videos, Documents etc: You might want to check out this tutorial also Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
  5. Problem moving Documents Folder to hard drive from SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem moving Documents Folder to hard drive from SSD: My SSD is filling up (it's 256gb) and so I decided to move the documents folder to the D: harddrive. I changed the location under Quick Access to D:\Documents. The system created the directory and moved the files. However, before the move there were 54gb of files and 2840...
  6. Documents folder in Windows Explorer opens to Docs folder on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder in Windows Explorer opens to Docs folder on OneDrive: When I open Windows Explorer, in the left pane below "This PC", the Documents folder opens the Docs folder on OneDrive (just noticed my Pictures folder is mapped to OneDrive as well). Downloads, Music, and Videos do not...they open their respective folders in my user...
  7. flummoxed - OneDrive kidnapped document folder

in Windows 10 Support
    flummoxed - OneDrive kidnapped document folder: If your Documents folder exists in your "C:\Users\<username>" folder, then you might see if using step 5 in Option Three in the tutorial below may be able to restore the "Documents" folder in "This PC". *Arrow Add or Remove Folders from This PC in Windows 10 Windows 10...
Documents folder suddenly completly empty solved