Windows 10: Documents library disappeared after disconnecting OneDrive

Discus and support Documents library disappeared after disconnecting OneDrive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I disconnected OneDrive signed out and copied all the files to the local documents folder.After I did that, the Documents library completed disappeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Quinten van Breugel, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Documents library disappeared after disconnecting OneDrive

I disconnected OneDrive signed out and copied all the files to the local documents folder.After I did that, the Documents library completed disappeared from the 'Home' folder and sidebar.I cannot pin the local Documents folder to the sidebar, even after changing the registry.Any idea on how to solve this?

:)

Quinten van Breugel, Mar 2, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

OneDrive sync now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries

Source: OneDrive sync on Windows now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries - Microsoft Tech Community

Brink, Mar 2, 2024
  3. Document Library hijacked by OneDrive after update

On Saturday I sat through a very long Windows 10 update. I now have version 1703 installed. As a result of this update, my Documents Library under ThisPC now shows the Documents folder on my OneDrive when selected. The files that used to be present in
    ThisPC/Documents are still on my machine at C:\user\<myusername>\Documents. I have read several other related posts and tried many of the things suggested. My system storage settings are all still set to ThisPC. It does not matter whether or not OneDrive
    is started. I am not interested in uninstalling OneDrive since I use it frequently.

So, who stole my Documents Library folder and how do I get it back?

J.D. Baker, Mar 2, 2024
  4. Documents library disappeared after disconnecting OneDrive

Problem with onedrive libraries

Hi Mike,

To restore the shell folder locations to default, open OneDrive and do the following:

Important: Before proceeding, copy the files in those special folders to another folder or external drive. Please don’t copy them anywhere under Desktop/Documents/Pictures. This is because disabling OneDrive backup for a folder erases the local copies of the files. Copying them to a different location beforehand will ensure that you don’t need to download them again from the OneDrive cloud.

1. Right-click the OneDrive icon in the Notification area and click Settings.
    2. Select the Backup tab, and click Manage Backup
    3. In the Manage folder backup dialog, click on the Stop backup link under the special folder (Desktop, Documents, or Pictures)
    4. Click Stop backup in the confirmation dialog that appears.
    5. Repeat the step for each shell folder you want to revert to the original location.

See also:

Error “The folder can’t be moved here” Moving Documents/Pictures, Caused by OneDrive

Libraries are placed in onedrive folder instead of local folder - Microsoft Community

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

Documents library disappeared after disconnecting OneDrive

1. Documents library disappeared after disconnecting OneDrive - Similar Threads - Documents library disappeared

2. Documents library disappeared after disconnecting OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents library disappeared after disconnecting OneDrive: I disconnected OneDrive signed out and copied all the files to the local documents folder.After I did that, the Documents library completed disappeared from the 'Home' folder and sidebar.I cannot pin the local Documents folder to the sidebar, even after changing the...
  3. Can't Pin Pictures and Documents to Quick Access after disconnecting to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Pin Pictures and Documents to Quick Access after disconnecting to Onedrive: I have a new PC that connected with Onedrive as soon as I started using it. Since there was too much data on my PC, I logged out and stopped syncing. By doing so, both the Pictures and Documents folders disappeared from the Quick Access menu even though they are visible in...
  4. Can't Pin Pictures and Documents to Quick Access after disconnecting to Onedrive

Can't Pin Pictures and Documents to Quick Access after disconnecting to Onedrive: I have a new PC that connected with Onedrive as soon as I started using it. Since there was too much data on my PC, I logged out and stopped syncing. By doing so, both the Pictures and Documents folders disappeared from the Quick Access menu even though they are visible in...
  5. Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents: My clients new Dell Inspiron uses Windows 11 Version 22H2.During setup, OneDrive was disabled in Startup as well as "Unlink this PC" and "Unlink account" in Settings.As mentioned, files copied directly to the Documents library also now appear in the OneDrive Documents...
  6. Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents

Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents: My clients new Dell Inspiron uses Windows 11 Version 22H2.During setup, OneDrive was disabled in Startup as well as "Unlink this PC" and "Unlink account" in Settings.As mentioned, files copied directly to the Documents library also now appear in the OneDrive Documents...
  7. OneDrive has hijacked my Documents library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive has hijacked my Documents library: It seems that OneDrive has changed the locations of my Documents folder to c:\Users\UserID\OneDrive. I'd like to move it back to c:\Users\UserID\Documents, but am running in to roadblocks that I can't get past. I'm hoping someone can help. Here's what I've done so far:...
  8. OneDrive Backup caused Documents folder to disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Backup caused Documents folder to disappear: I used OneDrive backup to start backing up my Desktop, Documents and Pictures. The Desktop and Pictures now appear on OneDrive and on my home system as expected. My Documents folder has disappeared completely from both OneDrive and my home system. After researching for...
  9. How OneDrive backs up library folders like Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    How OneDrive backs up library folders like Documents: I just activated OneDrive on my Windows 10 1803 laptop. The main reason I am interested is the new feature that allows one to backup key library folders such as Documents. However, I am trying to determine if, in selecting that option, will OneDrive then move the Documents...
  10. Word document disappeared after saving

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word document disappeared after saving: I keep a journal and try to update it daily. This morning I updated the journal and got an error message that Normal.dot was being overwritten and did I want to do that? No. Then I got another message that said my file was read only. Hmm. I look again and it says Normal.dot...