Windows 10: Does 10 have any way to manage a large number of icons?

Discus and support Does 10 have any way to manage a large number of icons? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! On my wife's PC she's go a lot, and I mean a lot of icons for these games she plays. Before the 10 upgrade on Windows 7 the program called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Handler, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Handler Win User

Does 10 have any way to manage a large number of icons?

Hello!

On my wife's PC she's go a lot, and I mean a lot of icons for these games she plays. Before the 10 upgrade on Windows 7 the program called Fences was used to contain all these icons and make them scroll-able in the "fence." Windows 10 doesn't like to play nice with the application. ( Fences: Software from Stardock Corporation )

So I'm wondering that if 10 has some feature that can handle this? Make it so you can scroll the desktop if there are more icons than what will fit in the visible.

Personally I hid my desktop icons and either have things pinned to the taskbar or just use the search box. The Mrs. on the other hand would much rather have the visual ques to find her game/program.

Thanks for any input or suggestions!

:)

Handler, Apr 8, 2016

2. Duplicate Files: I have a large number of dublicate files in windows phone 8 nokia lumia 620

Hi Raguib Ansari

Thank you for clarifying.

If the SD card was previously working alright, please reformat the SD card. You can do that from your pc from Computer.

Kind Regards

Jennymaria S., Apr 8, 2016
  3. FerencS. Win User
    Duplicate Files: I have a large number of dublicate files in windows phone 8 nokia lumia 620

I have also tried to reformat my - perfectly working - SD card. My pictures and music seem to "duplicate themselves" all the time. Now I can see seven ones of some photoes and musics in the apps Music+Videos and Photos. I can read and delete the extra
    files, but then all of the copies are erased.

FerencS., Apr 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

If Fences doesn't work, there is a change coming to the (terrible - my opinion) Win 10 start menu to allow more flexibility.
    This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update - Windows 10 Forums

Personally I use Classic Shell (free) - which allows you to use the Win 10 menu as well.
    You can simply put all the icons into one folder, and when you mouse-over that folder in the Classic Shell start menu, it expands, so you see all the icons at once.

dalchina, Apr 8, 2016
  5. Handler Win User
    Well .. I actually bit the bullet and re-up'd with Stardock. I hadn't renewed my subscription with them since they dropped Vista support. So I went and bought the new version of Fences for $9 which I was offered to upgrade my whole deal to Object Desktop for $19. So I just went ahead and did it!

Fences for her are a go again .. happy wife happy life! =)

Handler, Apr 8, 2016
  6. Handler, you know what I did years ago? I created a folder called "Games," and put all my game icons inside. I also created a folder called "Help" for various trouble-shooting tools.

Vince Massi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Does 10 have any way to manage a large number of icons? - Similar Threads - Does manage large

2. Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?: So i was recently trying to clean up my desktop as you can tell I probably needed it when I got the idea to add transparent squares on top of my background so I could sort my desktop icons while still being able to see my background. However, the desktop icons touches the...
  3. Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?: So i was recently trying to clean up my desktop as you can tell I probably needed it when I got the idea to add transparent squares on top of my background so I could sort my desktop icons while still being able to see my background. However, the desktop icons touches the...
  4. Does Defender have any limitations on External drives and for large files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Defender have any limitations on External drives and for large files?: Hi,I have these reoccurring alerts that Defender keeps quarantining files on External Drives but they are actually still there. Can't Defender quarantine files on External drives? Is this a permission issue or something?And Defender seems to failing to quarantine large files...
  5. How do I rename a large number of files in a way that it would be numbered in order of...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I rename a large number of files in a way that it would be numbered in order of...: I have a large music folder, but I wanted the contents of it to be numbered in order of creation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-rename-a-large-number-of-files-in-a-way/7c89f352-d587-4086-b912-85cf500dbabf
  6. How do I rename a large number of files in a way that it would be numbered in order of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I rename a large number of files in a way that it would be numbered in order of...: I have a large music folder, but I wanted the contents of it to be numbered in order of creation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-rename-a-large-number-of-files-in-a-way/7c89f352-d587-4086-b912-85cf500dbabf
  7. How do I rename a large number of files in a way that it would be numbered in order of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Any way to change the number designation of monitors?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Any way to change the number designation of monitors?: I use a Toshiba Dynadock to connect to my monitor from whichever of my 3 NUC's I am using. 2 are Win 7 Pro machines and they work fine, but my new Win 10 Pro (19042.928) pc won't play nice at all. After hours of fiddling and searching, I'm pretty sure I know what the problem...
  9. laggy performance when selecting large number of desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    laggy performance when selecting large number of desktop icons: My laptop is laggy when selecting many desktop icons (Using the mouse right-click and then dragging the mouse over the icons with the blueish/transparent square). I don't think it's hardware issue because the CPU is Intel i7-5500u. **What I mean by laggy is that while you...
  10. Can't view any icons in large or extra large

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't view any icons in large or extra large: View in medium icons [ATTACH] But view in large icons [ATTACH] Everything else works just fine. It seems like windows 10 won't read any icons in large or extra large....