Windows 10: Does anyone else hear a "critical stop" error sound upon shutting down

Discus and support Does anyone else hear a "critical stop" error sound upon shutting down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the record, I don't have "Fast Startup" enabled in the Control Panel. I hear the "critical stop" error sound almost every time I shut down my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobjoe, Dec 24, 2015.

1. bobjoe Win User

Does anyone else hear a "critical stop" error sound upon shutting down

For the record, I don't have "Fast Startup" enabled in the Control Panel.

I hear the "critical stop" error sound almost every time I shut down my computer. After I click "shutdown" in the start menu, I see the words "Shutting down" followed by the error sound. Very annoying.

:)

bobjoe, Dec 24, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade -"net 3.5 client profile runtime has stopped working"

I get the error "net 3.5 client profile runtime has stopped working" upon startup after upgrading to Windows 10. Does anyone know how to fix this?

KranmarsMysteryDelicious, Dec 24, 2015
  3. No sound windows 10

Have you had a chance to try the built-in Windows driver? Thanks!

John W [MSFT], Dec 24, 2015
Thema:

Does anyone else hear a "critical stop" error sound upon shutting down

1. Does anyone else hear a "critical stop" error sound upon shutting down - Similar Threads - Does anyone else

2. Does anyone else get an error that says:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone else get an error that says:...: I cant find any way to fix it and its caused lots of issues with my computer- pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-else-get-an-error-that-says/95c76006-96e8-420f-9dcc-b9f2ab30c624
  3. Does anyone else get an error that says:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone else get an error that says:...: I cant find any way to fix it and its caused lots of issues with my computer- pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-else-get-an-error-that-says/95c76006-96e8-420f-9dcc-b9f2ab30c624
  4. The windows kb5005565 update does not complete install upon restart to update, anyone else...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The windows kb5005565 update does not complete install upon restart to update, anyone else...: I have tried numerous ways to try and fix this and nothing worked, pc does a restart automatically at 7% complete then the update fails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-kb5005565-update-does-not-complete/6a8d2cce-917e-4837-bddf-5e4290bba9b1
  5. Has anyone solved successfully the problem with the startup sound and shutting down sound...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has anyone solved successfully the problem with the startup sound and shutting down sound...: Because I have tried them all but nothing.... thank you in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-anyone-solved-successfully-the-problem-with/b2134b01-66d4-44f7-ac6e-a643db63a235
  6. Anyone else receiving these errors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else receiving these errors?: [ATTACH] Ever since early August, my system's been freezing on me, and it's been getting worse as of late. When I check the reliability monitor, this is the usual message I get under critical events: an error with Desktop Windows Manager and Windows 10 itself, causing the...
  7. DISM stopping early for anyone else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DISM stopping early for anyone else?: I had originally used the update assistant for 2004 but I noticed dism was stopping at 84.9% after the update. I thought maybe the install was damaged from the update so I decided to just fresh install since it has been a while anyways but it's still showing this. Anyone else...
  8. I had just saw a critical stop error while I was shutting down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I had just saw a critical stop error while I was shutting down.: This had happened while I was closing my open tasks such as my Google Chrome Browser and the “OP Idle Clicker” which had came from your developers on the Microsoft Store under the “Tools” Category. The critical stop error box was too fast that I didn’t have enough time to...
  9. "Critical Stop" sound sometimes on Shut down or Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    "Critical Stop" sound sometimes on Shut down or Restart: Hi ALL, Sometimes when I power down or restart I get a sound that is usually used when there is a problem. I looked up the sound and its the standard "Critical Stop" sound. This only happens sometimes but even if it does occur the system still either shuts down or restarts...
  10. Windows "Critical Stop/Error" sound plays when shutting down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows "Critical Stop/Error" sound plays when shutting down.: Hello all. After numerous updates, I have been getting a critical stop sound on shutdown, however I have noticed the screen flashes white for a second, also tonight it made the sound twice and a small box appeared in the middle of the screen, but I couldn't read it in...