Windows 10: Does anyone have a fix for windows 10 dvd not reading or writing?

Discus and support Does anyone have a fix for windows 10 dvd not reading or writing? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Window s 10 my computer has stopped reading or writing to DVD. I have tried all suggestions i.e. uninstall via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MysticgranMills, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Does anyone have a fix for windows 10 dvd not reading or writing?

Since upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Window s 10 my computer has stopped reading or writing to DVD. I have tried all suggestions i.e. uninstall via device manager, create a new reigistery entry, drivers are up todate nothing has worked. Please has anybody found a fix for this.

Thanks Mysticgran

:)

MysticgranMills, Aug 16, 2018
  2. tonybbt Win User

Windows 10 DVD not reading or writing

I don't know if you noticed @Ruth but that fixit it's not compatible with Windows 10. Please provide another solution because I have the same problem here with a Pioneer dvdrw Dvrtd10rs wich is listed as installed in dev manager and as DVD rw drive (e)
    in my computer but can't read an write anything. I worked just fine in Windows 7 HP x64.

tonybbt, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 DVD not reading or writing

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the CD/DVD ROM driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager

• Click on DVD/CD ROM- drives to expand, right click on the device and click on
      Uninstall.

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic driver.
    If the above method did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I would suggest you to update the DVD/CD ROM- drive driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager

• Click on DVD/CD ROM- drive to expand, right click on the device and click on
      Update.
    If the issue still persist, I suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated
    DVD/CD ROM drive driver and install the same.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 16, 2018
  4. E Bird Win User

Does anyone have a fix for windows 10 dvd not reading or writing?

Windows 10 DVD not reading or writing

Hi, I've just upgraded my Dell laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, a very clean upgrade apart from the DVD cannot read or write.

The OS does not report any problems with the device or the drivers.

The DVD is a TST corp TS-U633J, the drivers are the Microsoft cdrom.sys and GEARAspiWDM.sys.

The DVD can be ejected, but just cannot read a software, music or video disk and is unable to write.

The write operation fails with 'please insert a recordable disk'.

The computer is a DELL Precision M6600.

Thanks for any assistance.

E Bird, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Does anyone have a fix for windows 10 dvd not reading or writing?

1. Does anyone have a fix for windows 10 dvd not reading or writing? - Similar Threads - Does anyone fix

2. Does anyone have a fix for this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone have a fix for this?: So I'm on Windows 11 and out the blue stuff on my windows START and when I try to use the notification bar just act up. Like when I hit the windows start to open the menu, the moment I click on the search bar to type something the window would auto-close. Same when I tried to...
  3. Does anyone have a fix for this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone have a fix for this?: So I'm on Windows 11 and out the blue stuff on my windows START and when I try to use the notification bar just act up. Like when I hit the windows start to open the menu, the moment I click on the search bar to type something the window would auto-close. Same when I tried to...
  4. Does anyone have a fix for this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone have a fix for this?: I turned on my pc today and it came up with some type off error saying, “Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key”. I tried solutions which i found on yours which were, changing the boot order in the BIOS settings and...
  5. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Does anyone have a fix for this?: I turned on my pc today and it came up with some type off error saying, “Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key”. I tried solutions which i found on yours which were, changing the boot order in the BIOS settings and...
  6. Does anyone have a fix for this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Does anyone have a fix for the windows 10 updates issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone have a fix for the windows 10 updates issue?: My Windows 10 PC version 21H2 will not install updates of any kind. They will download but not install. It stops at 30% every time. I have to force a shutdown and let the system try to diagnose and repair, then undo changes made to get the system running again. I have tried...
  8. Does anyone have a fix for the windows 10 updates issue?

Does anyone have a fix for the windows 10 updates issue?: My Windows 10 PC version 21H2 will not install updates of any kind. They will download but not install. It stops at 30% every time. I have to force a shutdown and let the system try to diagnose and repair, then undo changes made to get the system running again. I have tried...
  9. dvd,cd won' read or write after upgrading 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dvd,cd won' read or write after upgrading 10: dvd,cd will not read or write after upgrading to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-won-read-or-write-after-upgrading-10/49bfd0fd-cdeb-45df-b60a-eb9a40a54b59
  10. cd/dvd not reading/writing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd/dvd not reading/writing: I have a hp notebook series 2000 laptop and my computer recognizes drive E as the cd/dvd drive and opens tray and says please insert disc. but when a disc is inserted it still tells me to insert disc. I've tried a few different brands and none of them are registering and...