Windows 10: Does anyone have a working pci-e fax modem in W10?

Discus and support Does anyone have a working pci-e fax modem in W10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My generic pci-e fax modem (Conexant CX-9Z-NR0134-00) worked okay in W8.1, but in W10 I can't query and diagnose to test it. Error message says "The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kravan, Aug 8, 2015.

1. kravan Win User

Does anyone have a working pci-e fax modem in W10?

My generic pci-e fax modem (Conexant CX-9Z-NR0134-00) worked okay in W8.1, but in W10 I can't query and diagnose to test it. Error message says "The port that the modem is attached could not be opened. This may be the result of a hardware conflict. Check the device manager to verify all devices are functional."

No hardware changes as in W8.1; no conflicts and no problems in W10 device manager. The fax modem is identified as PCIe Data Fax Modem with SmartCP, with WHCP drivers.

:)

kravan, Aug 8, 2015
  2. clcruz Win User

windows fax and scan app

seems I have not being the only one having problem with the windows fax and scan after upgrading from win 7 to win 10. i have a zoom pci express mode 3035 (compatible with win 8, therefore, should be compatible with win 10) installed on my machine
    and my scanner is aan Epson ds-510. windows 10 was able to find the internal fax modem pci e. however, looks like i have to setup a fax account in order my machine send and receive a fax. i follow the screen but the app froze when attempting to detect the
    fax modem. i am at lost, nothing that i found fix my problem

clcruz, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Create a fax account

In Windows 10, I cannot create a Fax account thus I cannot use my analog modem to send faxes. When opening Windows fax and scan and trying to go – tools – Fax accounts –Add –Fax set up – Connect to a fax modem – Choose a modem name, than the program is not
    responding and it is stuck.

Same hardware worked perfectly on Windows 7.

Does anyone have a solution to this situation?

Emmanuel Pladott, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Simple Win User

Try this:
    1- Uninstall the card software, then shut down the computer and remove the hardware.
    2- Restart the computer then shutdown again.
    3- Insert the PCI fax card and start the computer.
    It is possible that Windows should recognize it and may be it has applications to run it. or
    a- You can install the software that came with it and hopefully it will work. If it does not:
    b- start from 1 but after 3 Install the card software in compatibility (Win 7 or 8) mode.

Good luck.

Simple, Aug 8, 2015
  5. syga Win User
    Old thread, but I had a very similar problem with a fax card that didn't work in Win10

Ended up buying a fax modem that plugs into the usb port from ebay. It has a Conexant chip and so far it works great, no problems.

6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I have a pci one that works although I must admit it worked better under Win 8.1

It's from a work's computer. It may be Conexant too, but I am not sure.

eLPuSHeR, Mar 24, 2016
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    Just run it from a Virtual Machine -- if the hardware works why waste money by getting a new one.

Note though a lot of cheap printers now have fax facilities as well as email built in so you might not need the hardware anyway.

VMN's are great for running old hardware - I'm still using an old 35 mm negative film scanner on an XP VM for digitising old film negatives - works brilliantly still.

You can't expect newer OS'es to keep supporting older technology indefinitely (although I must admit sometimes in business FAX is a more useful tool than e-mail due to the sheer volumes of mainly unnecessary emails one usually gets in a workplace). VM's are incredibly useful for running legacy hardware and apps - and VM's don't use a lot of HOST machine resources. Plenty of advice on this Forum for setting up VM's. Use FREE VMWARE PLAYER / VBOX or HYPER-V for Windows HOST or VMWARE / VBOX / XEN on Linux Host.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Does anyone have a working pci-e fax modem in W10? - Similar Threads - Does anyone working

2. Windows Fax and Scan does not recognize my fax modem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan does not recognize my fax modem.: I have been using Windows Fax and Scan for several years. Recently I have not received any faxes. When I check the settings of my computer my fax modem is present in Device Manager and seems to be working correctly. When I tell Fax and Scan to send a fax it says I need a fax...
  3. internal fax modem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    internal fax modem: suddenly control panel will not recognize my fax modem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-fax-modem/b82d4449-14c9-496d-a087-f4aa6d801990
  4. Pci e

Pci e: Can a PCIE card be installed into a PCI connector ? 158885
  5. Pci e

in Windows 10 Support
    Pci e: Can a PCIE card be installed into a PCI connector ? 158885
  6. Windows 10 fax and scan does not detect modem

Windows 10 fax and scan does not detect modem: Device manager says the Conexant USB CX93010 ACF Modem is working properly, latest drivers installed. Window Fax and Scan tools - fax settings lists the modem. However, when I go to compose a fax, it says connect to a modem, then no modem detected. I've run the hardware...
  7. fax modem

fax modem: I have a Lenovo H520s - Intel G2020 2.9 GHZ - 4 gigs RAM and 1T hard drive. Running Windows 10. I assumed that it came with a fax modem and I tried to set up the fax and scan but the set up wizard can not find any modem. Is it just not installed or do I not have one? How do I...
  8. fax modem and fax service

fax modem and fax service: Hi there. Got a Conexant USB modem CX93010 ACF. Yesterday, after the upgrade to Win 10, I was able to receive faxes, but there is no log being kept, no faxes saved as it was with Win 8.1. It just prints them out. Today it does no longer receive them. Sending has not been...
  9. Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem: I've uninstalled and reinstalled my fax modem driver. Device Manager shows it as "LSI PCI-SV92PP Soft Modem." And "This device is working properly." From within Windows Fax & Scan: I've tried adding an account to the Fax Accounts list. I cannot connect to my fax modem...
  10. Upgraded to W10 & VOICE part of my voice/fax modem FAILS. Anyone else?

Upgraded to W10 & VOICE part of my voice/fax modem FAILS. Anyone else?: This modem is the HIRO Model H50113, which worked well in Windows Vista and Windows7, but as soon as I upgraded to Windows 10, the new operating system deleted the driver that makes my voice capabilities work on the modem, so it FAILS in voice functions. It is not possible to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. conexant cx-9z-nr0134-00 fax modem driver