Windows 10: Does anyone know a good alternative to MS Money Plus for WIn10?

Discus and support Does anyone know a good alternative to MS Money Plus for WIn10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just upgraded from WIn7 to Win10. The upgrade went very well. However, there is one issue I am concerned about. Microsoft Money Plus Sunset edition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by scott784, Jul 31, 2015.

1. scott784 Win User

Does anyone know a good alternative to MS Money Plus for WIn10?

I just upgraded from WIn7 to Win10. The upgrade went very well. However, there is one issue I am concerned about. Microsoft Money Plus Sunset edition is no longer working :-( Others have posted fixes to include a registry hack. I really don't want to go that route. But I do want a functioning checkbook program on my PC.

My guess is that I could create a virtual machine and then reinstall my WIn7 inside that VM. I doubt MS really approves of that; however, I am not paying for another OS on a single computer particularly as a result of an MS program that should continue to be supported as it has for all previous OS. And I would presume I wouldn't have a hard time keeping the Virtual Machine WIn7 activated using my retail version of 7 (that was just upgraded to 10).

Aside from doing that.....and assuming MS refuses to address this issue, does anyone have any suggestions regarding a highly regarded checking program? I don't know if it's changed, but I wasn't exactly so impressed when I used Quicken (briefly) a few years ago and went right back to my Microsoft Money Plus (Sunset edition).

I always thought it was such a shame with MS discontinued making new versions of Microsoft Money Plus. This is a great little program that is so convenient and easy to use....and unmatched by any other software!!! Why on earth did MS discontinue it in the first place? Seemed like there was no logical reason for it! But that Microsoft Money Plus Sunset version (17) has continued to work flawlessly in WIn7. And as I understand, it also works in Win8.1.

Any suggestions, help from others? Thanks.

:)

scott784, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Scott784 Win User

Money plus sunset

MS said they wanted everyone to have a pleasant upgrade experience with Win10. Really? It is not possible to speak with anyone about Microsoft Money Plus Sunset. I realize this is a retired program (why they retired it I will never know as it's a great
    checkbook program!). At any rate, MS should at least post some information regarding their intentions. Do they intend to fix it or not? Otherwise, all of us Money Plus Sunset version users will need to figure out alternatives. Unfortunately, there's not
    much to choose from.

Scott784, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Does anyone know of a good operating system for a desktop computer?

I tested windows 8, and I tested 8.1, and I tested win 10. So like the title states, does anyone know of a good operating system? Microsoft only makes garbage. If you know of a link to a good operating system, I sure would appreciate it very much. I am
    so looking forward to not having Microsoft pushing their **** on me. I know, win 10 was free so why am I asking for something else? The answer to that is simple, win 10 is free as Microsoft couldn't sell it on their best day. I honestly hope the **** working
    there take it from me. I hated win 8 and win 8.1 and now I have the same hate for win 10. It used to be that we knew to buy the alternating operating systems that Microsoft made. I mean we knew to buy windows 98, and we knew not to buy the three that came
    out in 2000, but instead waited for the XP to come out, and then we knew not to buy vista, but wait for 7 to come out. Now that a snot nosed kid runs the show, we can't be certain of anything with Microsoft. So for now I go back to win 7,and Microsoft can
    shove their **** up their own ****. If there are no good operating systems, I'll write one and call it doors. Then Microsoft will have competition, their windows versus my doors.

KennethHartman, Jul 31, 2015
  4. ThaiAm Win User

the corrections to the Registry make money work just fine. The only problem with it is that each time you get a new update to 10 you will have to do it again. Making the registry changes is small problem to go through to completely restore the program.

If you refuse to make the change for whatever reason then I have no suggestion since I have searched for alternatives and could find none suitable.

good luck

ThaiAm, Aug 1, 2015
  5. scott784 Win User
    I read somewhere today that MS is supposedly aware of the problem and may offer a fix in a few weeks. Of course, that may (or may not be) true. But the fact that the program worked fine in earlier builds of Win10 means there is hope. Plus, I still have Win7 installed as a virtual machine on my secondary computer.....so I will continue to use Microsoft Money Plus on that computer and see what happens going forward during the next few weeks.

scott784, Aug 1, 2015
  6. svkalise Win User
    I made the change to the Register. MS Money Plus was enabled. However ...after initiating a DOWNLOAD from my Bank Accounts Microsoft Windows 10 gave me a Drop-down Box saying that a problem had occurred with MS Money and it was being shut down. I can not get past this problem. If I had saved the date information that I changed in the Registry ...I would put it back in and wait to see if Microsoft will do a FIX for MS Money. As it stands right now ...I can't get into Ms Money to retrieve any information at all. That's a huge problem for me and I am considering re-installing my previous Windows 7. Any helpful comments out there?

svkalise, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Does anyone know a good alternative to MS Money Plus for WIn10? - Similar Threads - Does anyone alternative

2. MS Money Plus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money Plus: I have an old MS Money Plus and the saved password got erased. Since it's not supported online anymore, how can I either find the old password or get it reset? I tried resetting online but the app isn't live online anymore....
  3. MS Money Plus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Money Plus: I have an old MS Money Plus and the saved password got erased. Since it's not supported online anymore, how can I either find the old password or get it reset? I tried resetting online but the app isn't live online anymore....
  4. Money Plus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Money Plus: I have Money Plus and ihe start icon disappeared. I found the shortcut but it no longer works. So I reinstalled the software and and restored my backup files. Now it want me to to activate it but I am getting the I am not connected to the internet. I tried the IE 6 fix but...
  5. Money Plus

Money Plus: I have Money Plus and ihe start icon disappeared. I found the shortcut but it no longer works. So I reinstalled the software and and restored my backup files. Now it want me to to activate it but I am getting the I am not connected to the internet. I tried the IE 6 fix but...
  6. MS Money Plus

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS Money Plus: I am a MS Money user for many years. I replaced my old laptop with a new one and install MS Money Plus from an offical MS site. All works well, but every time I start the app. I am pleased to purchase Money, because I have a trial that expires in 60 days? What can I do? If I...
  7. Question in the description. Does anyone know about win10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question in the description. Does anyone know about win10?: Does anyone know how to set up a windows 10 laptop with sim card in it so that if the internet(wifi) fails, he can switch to the internet from the sim card? So that you have only a few seconds without internet? By this I mean if the WLAN is still there and only the...
  8. Money Plus or Money Plus Deluxe for Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Money Plus or Money Plus Deluxe for Windows 10: What is the replacement software for Microsoft Money Plus or Money Plus Deluxe for Windows 10? This program works so well for me. I've been able to install it to my new computer with Windows 10, but I can't register the product key as the program won't connect to my...
  9. Anyone knows good MS-DOS 7.1 games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone knows good MS-DOS 7.1 games?: I found my old PC with MS-DOS, anyone knows some cool games? Thanks. 3099
  10. MS Money 99 and Win10

MS Money 99 and Win10: Greetings, New to Win10 and this forum. I have read about some difficulty installing MS Money in Win10. Today I downloaded and installed Win10 (64 bit) and then tried to install MS Money 99 (basic). I assumed it would not install, but it did, easily, without any changes...