Windows 10: Does anyone know how to get to Win 10 Firewall exceptions?

Discus and support Does anyone know how to get to Win 10 Firewall exceptions? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to add and remove certain exceptions but I cannot find out how to get there. Can anyone help please. 7063 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pader, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Pader Win User

Does anyone know how to get to Win 10 Firewall exceptions?

I need to add and remove certain exceptions but I cannot find out how to get there. Can anyone help please.

:)

Pader, Jun 13, 2015

2. Does anyone know how to get group messages to go through, and how to get and recieve photo attachments in messages???

I've done MY research, and have already tried that. I have my mms APN settings correct for straight talk, but STILL can't find out how to do photo messaging. Would it matter if it's an AT&T go-phone which was NEVER on the AT&T network? I took my Lumia
    635 directly to Wal-mart, paid for the new sim card from straight talk wireless, and can't text or receive multi media content!!! I was on the phone with BOTH Nokia, AND Straight talk, for hours, and can't get it to work... AT ALL!!!

Michael Jones 1959, Jun 13, 2015
  3. Does anyone know how to get group messages to go through, and how to get and recieve photo attachments in messages???

I found out that I needed to turn OFF the group settings, because the phone trys to keep my contacts on one thread. So now, I am able to group text, but am STILL unable to send or receive multi-media content, like photos. Any reasons as to why???

Michael Jones 1959, Jun 13, 2015
  4. AlanWade Win User

Start/Control Panel then Windows Firewall

AlanWade, Jun 13, 2015
  5. Pader Win User
    I have done that. There is no link to 'exceptions' as on other versions of windows.

Pader, Jun 14, 2015
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    I haven't used Windows 10, therefore I'm not sure how useful my post is going to be to you and whether it's still relevant. However, if Windows 10 is anything like Windows 8 then you'll be able to access/modify Windows Firewall rules through MMC Console.

1) Start Button > Search for 'MMC Console'.
    2) In MMC Console go to File > Add/Remove Snap-in > Select Windows Firewall With Advanced Security and add it.
    3) Then File > 'Save as' and save the *.msc somewhere (E.G Save to Desktop as 'MMC Console.msc', then you can run it again later without having to add the Windows Firewall Snap-in again)

Does anyone know how to get to Win 10 Firewall exceptions? [​IMG]

ARC1020, Jun 14, 2015
  7. Pader Win User
    Thank you for your effort but win 10 does not recognise the command 'mmc console'.

Pader, Jun 14, 2015
  8. Does anyone know how to get to Win 10 Firewall exceptions?

See if this helps - the wording has changed between Win7 and Win8, but the functionality is the same.

Windows Firewall from start to finish - Windows Help

Slartybart, Jun 14, 2015
  9. drburdi Win User
    In my win 10 pro just typing in MMC in "run" brings up the console. However I do not see Event Viewer or anything there where one can put in the exceptions. Can anyone elaborate?

drburdi, Oct 22, 2015
  10. If you go to File and then Add/Remove SnapIn there should be an option to add Event Viewer
    Select add on it then ok back to main screen, should show on the left after this

paulsalter, Oct 22, 2015
  11. drburdi Win User
    Found it and thank you.
    Noticed I have an app name like *.scottrade.com there and tried to add another like *.ameritrade.com but could not accomplish this. It wants to be linked to a specific file but this does not cover other links that Ameritrade uses. That is why I wanted to use *. in front of the site name. Do you know how to do this or am I on the wrong track?

drburdi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Does anyone know how to get to Win 10 Firewall exceptions? - Similar Threads - Does anyone Firewall

2. Does anyone know how to get rid of this message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to get rid of this message?: Does anyone know how to get rid of this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-get-rid-of-this-message/c8ca56f8-cf8a-430c-93fe-a36edcaf22d6
  3. Does anyone know how to get rid of this message?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know how to get rid of this message?: Does anyone know how to get rid of this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-get-rid-of-this-message/c8ca56f8-cf8a-430c-93fe-a36edcaf22d6
  4. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to get rid of this?: when i try to use my iphone 13 as an hotspot for my laptop this symbol pops up. my iphone 7 worked as an hotspot perfect. now after using my iphone 13 my iphone 7 has the same problem now. when i connect my laptop to my iphone the connection stops after 1 minute and i cant...
  5. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrAwesome73 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v3fp5d/does_anyone_know_how_to_get_rid_of_this/
  6. Does anyone know if Win 11 will get a movable taskbar soon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know if Win 11 will get a movable taskbar soon?: This is a deal breaker for it on my main computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-if-win-11-will-get-a-movable/ff9f90c2-41e3-45e1-ac85-89ea439a9116
  7. Does anyone know if Win 11 will get a movable taskbar soon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know if Win 11 will get a movable taskbar soon?: This is a deal breaker for it on my main computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-if-win-11-will-get-a-movable/ff9f90c2-41e3-45e1-ac85-89ea439a9116
  8. Win Firewall - How does it know good from bad?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win Firewall - How does it know good from bad?: Until I went to Win 8 some years back I'd always used Zonealarm but with the advent of Win 8 and 10 advice seem to be that the inbuilt Windows Firewall was just as good so I've been using that. The one thing that's always concerned me is whether or not it actually works as...
  9. Does anyone know how to get this?

Does anyone know how to get this?: [ATTACH] I got this feature which as super useful but then I closed it by accident when I tried the Immersive Search. Would it be possible to get it back and if yes how? Search from Google Images submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments]...
  10. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Does anyone know how to fix this?: For some reason I get this whenever I try to delete this specific folder. Does anyone know a fix? halp submitted by /u/TheRealRift [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gevfbj/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_this/