Windows 10: Does anyone know where Windows keeps the bluetooth icon?

Discus and support Does anyone know where Windows keeps the bluetooth icon? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I freely admit that, in the greater scheme of crashes, re-installs and general weirdness that has been my Win10 experience to date, this is a very tiny... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chezza, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Chezza Win User

Does anyone know where Windows keeps the bluetooth icon?

I freely admit that, in the greater scheme of crashes, re-installs and general weirdness that has been my Win10 experience to date, this is a very tiny thing. But it's annoying me. I'm using CSR bluetooth stack 2.1.63. First time I installed it, it worked perfectly. Now I'm on a more successful rebuild, I cannot get the correct Bluetooth icon in the task bubble! It's always grayed out (and even this was a challenge; I had no icon until I re-did the driver installation twice.)

It struck me that it might not be too hard to either change Windows' path to the icon or replace the grey one with blue. If only I knew where to look. What do you think?

Does anyone know where Windows keeps the bluetooth icon? [​IMG]

Does anyone know where Windows keeps the bluetooth icon? [​IMG]

:)

Chezza, Oct 17, 2015

2. Does anyone know where I can find the windows phone demo online?

Thank you Stewart but I finally found it. Its on the Microsoft store page for WIndows Phones.

InfamousDaveman, Oct 17, 2015
  3. InfamousDaveman, Oct 17, 2015
  4. SoxmisUK Win User

I found one (attached..) if you like came from a zip for my old modem.

SoxmisUK, Oct 17, 2015
  5. Chezza Win User
    Thank you very much, Soxmis, but what I was wondering was how to tell Windows to use the blue icon.

Chezza, Oct 17, 2015
  6. SoxmisUK Win User
    Oh right, I thought you'd already figured that out lol.

Look for references to it in the registry?

SoxmisUK, Oct 17, 2015
  7. Chezza Win User
    You're right. Actually it came back after an update - though my Mail app & Edge have stopped working *sarc but at least I know where to look next time it goes wrong!

Chezza, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Does anyone know where Windows keeps the bluetooth icon? - Similar Threads - Does anyone where

2. Does anyone know where Windows stores the drive letter assignments?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does anyone know where Windows stores the drive letter assignments?: May sound like an odd question but let me explain... I had always assumed that it was keep locally within the Windows installation somewhere because when you plug a drive into a different computer it may get a completely different drive letter, even if the letter you gave it...
  3. Does anyone know how to remove this mini icon on the icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to remove this mini icon on the icon?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ethanplayzz2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcpd0f/does_anyone_know_how_to_remove_this_mini_icon_on/
  4. Where does Realtek keep it's icon?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where does Realtek keep it's icon?: In Devices and Printers it shows your Realtek speakers icon. Where does Realtek get this icon from? Is it from their drivers themselves or do they link to a windows dll. I changed the one in DDORes.dll.mun but it had no effect. Which leads me to believe that the Realtek...
  5. Anyone know what this icon is for?

Anyone know what this icon is for?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Call_Me_Bread [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ja5c5i/anyone_know_what_this_icon_is_for/
  6. Does anyone know where to download the 20H2 wallpaper?

Does anyone know where to download the 20H2 wallpaper?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Hufe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixbaug/does_anyone_know_where_to_download_the_20h2/
  7. Does anyone know?

Does anyone know?: submitted by /u/pragyan52yadav [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ivelnk/does_anyone_know/
  8. Anyone know this program icon?

Anyone know this program icon?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thesilentGinlasagna [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1sbnq/anyone_know_this_program_icon/
  9. My Icons keep going white it's really annoying does anyone know a fix

in Windows 10 Support
    My Icons keep going white it's really annoying does anyone know a fix: My Icons keep going white it's really annoying does anyone know a fix? I posted about this last year and got gave a link to rebuild icon cache. Surely I shouldn't have to do it several times a week, or at all!! I am really fed up with it I'm taking it back to the shop, as the...
  10. Does anyone know what this icon means? [Different Notification icon]

in Windows 10 Support
    Does anyone know what this icon means? [Different Notification icon]: Today when i opened my laptop, the ''Notifications'' icon was little different. Does anyone know what that means and how i can bring it back to normal? EDIT: Problem solved. It was the ''Quiet hour'' icon little bug thingy, and fixed it by checking and unchecking it only....