Windows 10: Does chkdsk /b is working for badcluster replaced file on other drive?

Discus and support Does chkdsk /b is working for badcluster replaced file on other drive? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; 1. Got a fixed file from stage 4 of chkdsk like this. this is happened in drive #1. Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data ... Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FeoNiks, Aug 14, 2016.

1. FeoNiks Win User

Does chkdsk /b is working for badcluster replaced file on other drive?

1. Got a fixed file from stage 4 of chkdsk like this. this is happened in drive #1.

Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data ... Windows replaced bad clusters in file 250 of name \temp\~1.mkv

2. Now ~1.mkv file is moved to another drive, drive #2.

3. If run chkdsk /b on drive #2, does chkdsk /b re-evaluate ~1.mkv file again and re-mark as fixed file because of bad cluster, and leaving messages about this on prompt? or just pass as normal file with no any messages?

:)

FeoNiks, Aug 14, 2016

2. Does chkdsk /b is working for bad cluster replaced file from another drive?

Hi Minhye,

Disk Check can identify and automatically correct file system errors and make sure that you can continue to load and write data from the hard disk. You can use Disk Check in Windows not only for local hard drives, but also for removable
    media such as USB memory sticks or memory cards.

Refer to Chkdsk article and check if it
    helps.

Write to us for further assistance regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 14, 2016
  3. Does chkdsk /b is working for bad cluster replaced file from another drive?

1. Got a fixed file from stage 4 of chkdsk like this. this is happened in drive #1.

Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data ... Windows replaced bad clusters in file 250 of name \temp\~1.mkv

2. Now ~1.mkv file is moved to another drive, drive #2.

3. If run chkdsk /b on drive #2, does chkdsk /b re-evaluate ~1.mkv file again and re-mark as fixed file because of bad cluster, and leaving messages about this on prompt? or just pass as normal file with no any messages?

Minhye Lee, Aug 14, 2016
Thema:

Does chkdsk /b is working for badcluster replaced file on other drive?

1. Does chkdsk /b is working for badcluster replaced file on other drive? - Similar Threads - Does chkdsk working

2. Windows 11 - chkdsk does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - chkdsk does not work: using: windows 11 pro x64, secure boot, Hi,I found I am unable to use chkdsk via cmd or tools tab on any drive though I can run it in read only mode.Windows log: Chkdsk was executed in scan mode on a volume snapshot. Checking file system on C:The shadow copy provider had an...
  3. Windows 11 - chkdsk does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - chkdsk does not work: using: windows 11 pro x64, secure boot, Hi,I found I am unable to use chkdsk via cmd or tools tab on any drive though I can run it in read only mode.Windows log: Chkdsk was executed in scan mode on a volume snapshot. Checking file system on C:The shadow copy provider had an...
  4. copying files from drive a: to drive b:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copying files from drive a: to drive b:: I am using windows 10 home.I copies 1 folder from a to b.However when I compare the 2 folders it does not matchIs there a windows program to compare the 2 folders and see what is missing.Thanks very much...
  5. copying files from drive a: to drive b:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copying files from drive a: to drive b:: I am using windows 10 home.I copies 1 folder from a to b.However when I compare the 2 folders it does not matchIs there a windows program to compare the 2 folders and see what is missing.Thanks very much...
  6. copying files from drive a: to drive b:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Drive letters A: & B:

Drive letters A: & B:: Is there any caveat in assigning drive letter "A:" or "B:" to a DVD drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-letters-a-b/0020038d-d43a-443a-b02d-d6a481383d8b
  8. Windows: How does the replace work when moving files

Windows: How does the replace work when moving files: Hello, When moving files with the same name, date, and size into the same location and the option to replace is selected how does windows replace the current file with the new one? Does it delete the current file saved in the folder then start to move the replacement...
  9. Opening drive A and B.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Opening drive A and B.: I need more storage space to Update Windows. How do I open Driver space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-drive-a-and-b/8a201534-2cad-4ec4-b4fe-4ddd295b2680
  10. What does "chkdsk c: /b" exactly do?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What does "chkdsk c: /b" exactly do?: I did a Google search and the explanations were esoteric to me. Are repairs to the hard drive done and are the repairs permanent? 131780