Windows 10: Does Device Encryption Work on Windows 10 Mobile

Discus and support Does Device Encryption Work on Windows 10 Mobile in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Looking at the Bitlocker/Device Encryption Recovery Keys section on OneDrive, it doesn't show any Windows 10 Mobile recovery keys there despite 'Device... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ARC1020, Dec 29, 2015.

1. ARC1020 Win User

Does Device Encryption Work on Windows 10 Mobile

Looking at the Bitlocker/Device Encryption Recovery Keys section on OneDrive, it doesn't show any Windows 10 Mobile recovery keys there despite 'Device Encryption' being switched on.

On the actual device itself, it also doesn't show as encrypted under 'Storage', which begs the question, is 'Device Encryption' even on? Other than physically trying to access data on a locked phone, there doesn't appear to be a way to tell if the device storage is actually encrypted or not other than the toggle switch for enabling/disabling Device Encryption being set to on. In which case, if it is on, where are the recovery keys stored for Windows 10 Mobile Devices?

Does Device Encryption Work on Windows 10 Mobile [​IMG]

:)

ARC1020, Dec 29, 2015

2. Phone will not connect to exchange server

Hi Niccio,

I am pretty sure that BB and iPhone both support the following Exchange settings:

• Mobile Encryption Removeable
    • Mobile Encryption Enabled
    • Enable Device Encryption
    It looks like due to the nature of your business, your Exchange is probably setup to only work with devices that support encryption as WP7 does not. Can you check with your IT department and verify this?

Jorge E. - WP7 Support, Dec 29, 2015
  3. Bitlocker on Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 Home edition does not support BitLocker Drive Encryption in that it cannot encrypt any storage device, however, good news, it can read and write encrypted USB memories, encrypted
    external hard drives AND ALSO encrypted micro SD cards. For instance, I have a
    RCA W101 V2 "cambio" tablet
    with Windows 10 Home edition (a great device and a great value! --sometimes, less than $100) and BitLocker works flawlessly, as indicated.

Gruffydd_Eugene, Dec 29, 2015
Thema:

Does Device Encryption Work on Windows 10 Mobile

1. Does Device Encryption Work on Windows 10 Mobile - Similar Threads - Does Device Encryption

2. How does Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How does Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot work?: I'm using my computer for as a Wi-Fi router using Mobile Hotspot, but I want to know how it works. Is the Mobile Hotspot powered by my Comcast Wi-Fi router? Or am I getting some sort of free trail? I just turn on hotspot and the computer says "alright, here you go."...
  3. Device Encryption not showing or working in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Device Encryption not showing or working in Windows 11/10: [IMG]The data security concern is more apparent than ever, because of this, developers are trying to inculcate as many security features as they can. The built-in Device Encryption is one of them. However, for a lot of users, Device Encryption is not showing or working. We...
  4. Windows 11 Mobile hotspot does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mobile hotspot does not work.: Hey there, I am on windows 11. when I was on windows 10 with the same hardware I had working mobile hotspot. I upgraded and now I dont. I have checked netsh I get hosted network not supported. I have been online and on the phone with MS Tier 1 and 2 and the end result ended...
  5. Windows 10 device encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 device encryption: Windows 10 device encryption states it helps prevent offline unauthorized access to the device.Let's say I lost my laptop and someone finds it. Windows never asks me to for the key to use the device.I have a screen PW but once I signed in the device is available for use....
  6. Windows 10 device encryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 device encryption: Windows 10 device encryption states it helps prevent offline unauthorized access to the device.Let's say I lost my laptop and someone finds it. Windows never asks me to for the key to use the device.I have a screen PW but once I signed in the device is available for use....
  7. Windows 10 device encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 device encryption: Windows 10 device encryption states only authorized user will be allowed access to this device.Let's say I lost my laptop and someone finds it. Windows never asks me to for the key to use the device.I have a screen PW but once I signed in the device is available for use....
  8. Device encryption with Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device encryption with Windows 10 Home: I recently read a question about this from someone who has the same Dell Inspiron 15 as me, and it seems their Windows 10 Home DID have the encryption option - mine doesn't, not does it have BitLocker. How can I encrypt my laptop?...
  9. windows mobile hotspot does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows mobile hotspot does not work: recently after windows updated, i am not able to share wifi mobilehotspot from my computer to my phone. to specify, that it was working proprely before without any problem. i have tried reinstalling the drivers for network from devicemanager too.. but the issue is not...
  10. Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Device Encryption for your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Device encryption helps protect your files and folder on your Windows 10 Mobile phone from unauthorized...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how does mobile phone encryption work