Windows 10: Does Edge automatically run at start up?

Discus and support Does Edge automatically run at start up? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I don't like edge and don't use it. When I run CCleaner though it says it will have close edge it then hangs on attempting to close it. Does it run at... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by woldsweather, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Does Edge automatically run at start up?

I don't like edge and don't use it. When I run CCleaner though it says it will have close edge it then hangs on attempting to close it. Does it run at start up? How can I stop it? Its not in the start up menu.

:)

woldsweather, Sep 12, 2015

2. How to run Edge automatically at startup

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I am glad to know that you are able to fix the issue on your own.

I appreciate you for sharing the resolution with us.

Please let us know to in future if you need further help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 12, 2015
  3. How to run Edge automatically at startup

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are trying to add shortcut for the link.

I suggest you to provide more information to provide you with better assistance.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 12, 2015
Thema:

Does Edge automatically run at start up?

1. Does Edge automatically run at start up? - Similar Threads - Does Edge automatically

2. Autostart of Edge at start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autostart of Edge at start up: I've followed the instructions to make sure that Edge is not started when I start my computer in the morning.Despite "Automatically save my restartable apps when I sign out and restart them when I sign in." is Off. In fact, it has always been set to "Off", and it's extremely...
  3. Autostart of Edge at start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autostart of Edge at start up: I've followed the instructions to make sure that Edge is not started when I start my computer in the morning.Despite "Automatically save my restartable apps when I sign out and restart them when I sign in." is Off. In fact, it has always been set to "Off", and it's extremely...
  4. Disable automatic running of Dropbox updater at system start-up

Disable automatic running of Dropbox updater at system start-up: I notice that DropboxUpdate C:\Program Files x86\Dropbox\Update\DropboxUpdate.exe runs every time I start my computer Windows 8.1 x64, but I cannot see why. In the Task Manager in the Startup tab the Dropbox entry C:\Program Files x86\Dropbox\Client\Dropbox.exe is disabled....
  5. Disable automatic running of Dropbox updater at system start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable automatic running of Dropbox updater at system start-up: I notice that DropboxUpdate C:\Program Files x86\Dropbox\Update\DropboxUpdate.exe runs every time I start my computer Windows 8.1 x64, but I cannot see why. In the Task Manager in the Startup tab the Dropbox entry C:\Program Files x86\Dropbox\Client\Dropbox.exe is disabled....
  6. Screensaver does not start automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver does not start automatically: New windows 10 laptop. I already did following things:Dism restorehealth found no issuesSFC scannow found no issuesReSet power plan to balancedChecked registry current user, control panel, desktop: screensaver time is defined as 60Unplugged wireless keyboard with USB...
  7. Screensaver does not start automatically

Screensaver does not start automatically: New windows 10 laptop. I already did following things:Dism restorehealth found no issuesSFC scannow found no issuesReSet power plan to balancedChecked registry current user, control panel, desktop: screensaver time is defined as 60Unplugged wireless keyboard with USB...
  8. Screensaver does not start automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Why does Edge automatically exits a page?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Edge automatically exits a page?: After logging into certain pages, Edge exits. For example, I log into my account at Navyfederal.com, it goes to the next screen and then Edge automatically exits back to the log in screen. This is a new computer with new windows 10/edge....
  10. Microsoft Edge Start Up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Start Up: I have set (in Settings) MS Edge to open with a specific page (www.bbc.com.news). However, when I open it, it displays the pages I last had opened. If I then close it and re-open it, it behaves as expected by showing the specified page. I can't see why it's misbehaving -...