Windows 10: Does Edge copy the messages on my drive?

Discus and support Does Edge copy the messages on my drive? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In the mail application of Windows 10 (Edge, I think it's called), do the messages shown get copied and stored on my drive? - Because, If this is the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by aca, Jan 15, 2018.

1. ACA
    aca Win User

Does Edge copy the messages on my drive?

In the mail application of Windows 10 (Edge, I think it's called), do the messages shown get copied and stored on my drive?
    - Because, If this is the case, if the messages I see have been downloaded and are taking precious disk space on my drive, I'll prefer to access my mail boxes through the webmail link in the server's site as I do now.
    - But if Edge just lets me see the messages in the server, leaving them there and not clogging my drive with copies, then I will use Edge.
    Thanks for any help

:)

2. farby Win User

Does OVI Suite copy the messages from inbox like PC Suite does?

You may simply SYNC the messages to see them in the OVI Suite on your PC..

farby, Jan 15, 2018
  3. Does OVI Suite copy the messages from inbox like PC Suite does?

Hi

I am facing some issue in Pc suite, my nokia e72 doesnt connect on it, where as I installed OVI Suite for this...

Now I am having some problem in OVI Suite, There isnt any option for copying the inbox messages like PC suite has...!

Is there any body who knows abt how to copy the msgs from nokia to pc via OVI suite?

Thanx

drmoinislam, Jan 15, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I think you need to clarify:

1. Are you using a browser (in this case Edge) to access mail - i.e. web mail?
    or
    2. Are you using an email client (e.g. Mail - a Windows app), Thunderbird (a popular freeware program) etc in which you have configured the accounts you are using as POP3 or IMAP?

(If the 2nd sentence makes no sense to you, I suggest you're using a browser (1). )

If you need to make this clear, post a screenshot of how you access your mail.

If you use a browser, the mail stays on the server.

(If you have multiple email accounts or need to search your mail, then using an email client (program on your PC) is a great way to do this).

dalchina, Jan 15, 2018
  5. ACA
    aca Win User
    Thank you, dalchina.
    - Presently, for my main address (with Yahoo!), I use the webmail method: I open the Yahoo web site (using Edge or Chrome or Firefox) and there I click on Yahoo’s “Mail” link and go to all the boxes and options that Yahoo offers.
    - My other address (with Gmail) which I hardly ever use, I have entered it on the “Mail” which comes with Windows 10 (I don’t know if that is a “client” program) [see my screenshot].
    And what I’m asking is if this second method involves downloading the messages and leaving them on my disk. Because, if that’s the case, I will not bring my main Yahoo address to this mail client of Edge.
    But if not, if this mail of Edge works like the Yahoo webmail method, then I may add my main address there, for the display options are better than in the webmail of Yahoo.
    - Finally, No, I do not want any client program in my crammed drive.

Does Edge copy the messages on my drive? [​IMG]

6. dalchina New Member
    The Mail app is an email client, not a browser. This gives you some info as to where. I recall MS commenting this should not take much space, but clearly it depends what's in a mail message.
    Where does the Windows 8 Mail App store data? - Super User

If you don't want your emails stored on your PC, use web mail (a browser) exclusively.
    Note:
    - it's a more basic program than some.

(Using an email client means I can scan 8 email accounts in a few seconds with one click- a big advantage over web mail)

I have emails going back 10-12 years or more on mine, copied from PC to PC when I've had to change PCs, and can search all of them quite quickly- really convenient- and it's not a significant storage problem - laptop - 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD).

dalchina, Jan 16, 2018
  7. ACA
    aca Win User
    All right. You've made it all quite clear for me. And thanks for the link and the quote about the Mail app in Windows 10.
    Thanks a world, dalchina.

Thema:

1. Does Edge copy the messages on my drive? - Similar Threads - Does Edge copy

2. Copy and Past Does not Work with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy and Past Does not Work with Microsoft Edge: When using CTRL+C and CTRL+V unable to copy and paste from edge. Cleared cache/cookies/history, and even repaired and reinstalled Edge still not working. On Windows 10 PC. Can right click and select copy and it works but this is time consuming with multiple lines of text that...
  3. Copy and Past Does not Work with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and Past Does not Work with Microsoft Edge: When using CTRL+C and CTRL+V unable to copy and paste from edge. Cleared cache/cookies/history, and even repaired and reinstalled Edge still not working. On Windows 10 PC. Can right click and select copy and it works but this is time consuming with multiple lines of text that...
  4. Copy and Past Does not Work with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Does making a recovery drive copy your files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does making a recovery drive copy your files?: So if you make a recovery drive on your pc and use it on a another persons computer that needs recovering will it put your apps and files on the other persons computer....
  6. Unwanted Edge message

in Browsers and Email
    Unwanted Edge message: Windows 10 v1909 I use Firefox as my default browser and most times when I visit some web sites I get the following message: [img] On another machine, my laptop, this does not happen. On the laptop I am not sure whether Edge is the out of the box version or the 'new'...
  7. New Edge message

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge message: Just started getting this message today when doing updates and opening IE11: [img] 160898
  8. Copy Edge and Chrome Favorites / Bookmarks from Damaged Drive

in Browsers and Email
    Copy Edge and Chrome Favorites / Bookmarks from Damaged Drive: Had a thread I started in the Performance & Maintenance sub-forum about a REALLY slow Toshiba laptop. I eventually put in a new drive and re-installed W10. Windows 10 Version 1909, Build 18363.418. I put the old, slightly damaged drive in a caddy and was easily able to copy...
  9. Why Microsoft Edge does not provide more descriptive messages?

in Browsers and Email
    Why Microsoft Edge does not provide more descriptive messages?: Many times I have found that error messages from Microsoft Edge are less descriptive than those from Mozilla Firefox. Here is a latest example that I came across. The code keepers of Microsoft Edge has to make a better attempt, if they have to compete.*Mad...
  10. 2TB USB Drive appears to copy files but does not

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2TB USB Drive appears to copy files but does not: I have a 2TB USB drive ... I can copy files but at some point it appears that files are copied but only the folder exists once I remove the drive from the computer and go to read it later. I had this same issue with 512G micro SD cards although those gave a generic Windows...