Windows 10: Does Edge copy the messages on my drive?

Discus and support Does Edge copy the messages on my drive? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In the mail application of Windows 10 (Edge, I think it's called), do the messages shown get copied and stored on my drive? - Because, If this is the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by aca, Jan 15, 2018.

1. ACA
    aca Win User

Does Edge copy the messages on my drive?

In the mail application of Windows 10 (Edge, I think it's called), do the messages shown get copied and stored on my drive?
    - Because, If this is the case, if the messages I see have been downloaded and are taking precious disk space on my drive, I'll prefer to access my mail boxes through the webmail link in the server's site as I do now.
    - But if Edge just lets me see the messages in the server, leaving them there and not clogging my drive with copies, then I will use Edge.
    Thanks for any help

:)

2. farby Win User

Does OVI Suite copy the messages from inbox like PC Suite does?

You may simply SYNC the messages to see them in the OVI Suite on your PC..

farby, Jan 15, 2018
  3. Does OVI Suite copy the messages from inbox like PC Suite does?

Hi

I am facing some issue in Pc suite, my nokia e72 doesnt connect on it, where as I installed OVI Suite for this...

Now I am having some problem in OVI Suite, There isnt any option for copying the inbox messages like PC suite has...!

Is there any body who knows abt how to copy the msgs from nokia to pc via OVI suite?

Thanx

drmoinislam, Jan 15, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I think you need to clarify:

1. Are you using a browser (in this case Edge) to access mail - i.e. web mail?
    or
    2. Are you using an email client (e.g. Mail - a Windows app), Thunderbird (a popular freeware program) etc in which you have configured the accounts you are using as POP3 or IMAP?

(If the 2nd sentence makes no sense to you, I suggest you're using a browser (1). )

If you need to make this clear, post a screenshot of how you access your mail.

If you use a browser, the mail stays on the server.

(If you have multiple email accounts or need to search your mail, then using an email client (program on your PC) is a great way to do this).

dalchina, Jan 15, 2018
  5. ACA
    aca Win User
    Thank you, dalchina.
    - Presently, for my main address (with Yahoo!), I use the webmail method: I open the Yahoo web site (using Edge or Chrome or Firefox) and there I click on Yahoo’s “Mail” link and go to all the boxes and options that Yahoo offers.
    - My other address (with Gmail) which I hardly ever use, I have entered it on the “Mail” which comes with Windows 10 (I don’t know if that is a “client” program) [see my screenshot].
    And what I’m asking is if this second method involves downloading the messages and leaving them on my disk. Because, if that’s the case, I will not bring my main Yahoo address to this mail client of Edge.
    But if not, if this mail of Edge works like the Yahoo webmail method, then I may add my main address there, for the display options are better than in the webmail of Yahoo.
    - Finally, No, I do not want any client program in my crammed drive.

Does Edge copy the messages on my drive? [​IMG]

6. dalchina New Member
    The Mail app is an email client, not a browser. This gives you some info as to where. I recall MS commenting this should not take much space, but clearly it depends what's in a mail message.
    Where does the Windows 8 Mail App store data? - Super User

If you don't want your emails stored on your PC, use web mail (a browser) exclusively.
    Note:
    - it's a more basic program than some.

(Using an email client means I can scan 8 email accounts in a few seconds with one click- a big advantage over web mail)

I have emails going back 10-12 years or more on mine, copied from PC to PC when I've had to change PCs, and can search all of them quite quickly- really convenient- and it's not a significant storage problem - laptop - 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD).

dalchina, Jan 16, 2018
  7. ACA
    aca Win User
    All right. You've made it all quite clear for me. And thanks for the link and the quote about the Mail app in Windows 10.
    Thanks a world, dalchina.

Thema:

1. Does Edge copy the messages on my drive? - Similar Threads - Does Edge copy

2. No warning/error message but can not copy paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No warning/error message but can not copy paste: Hello everyone, I have an interesting issue. I bought new Asus notebook and it has windows 10 installed in it. Within computer I can copy and paste files to other files. However, when I wanted to take files from usb drive to my computer by "copy-paste (all commands)" or...
  3. One Drive Copy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Copy: i was shared a folder and I want to copy it into my OneDrive. It is about 50 files that are 2gb each. It has failed 2x. How can I get this done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-copy/df3279d2-89f2-4777-8d7f-be07402a9d23"
  4. Cannot copy and paste, result with a ".dmp" message

Cannot copy and paste, result with a ".dmp" message: I just installed Windows 10 64 bit 1803 on a new desktop. Now one month down the road all of a sudden intermittently when I copy and paste text the result would become only...
  5. When I click "copy" on a photo it does not copy to the document.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I click "copy" on a photo it does not copy to the document.: When I click "copy" on a photo or graphic, it does not appear on a document. What appears is a blank square.! How can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-copy-on-a-photo-it-does-not-copy-to/e02d839a-33ef-4d09-8cfa-4b4db8b75f3f"
  6. Crash dump error message on Copy and Paste

Crash dump error message on Copy and Paste: Lets say I am trying to copy and paste the word "Hello", I hit Control+C then Control+V and instead of "Hello" being printed where my cursor is, this message gets spit out:...
  7. Why Microsoft Edge does not provide more descriptive messages?

in Browsers and Email
    Why Microsoft Edge does not provide more descriptive messages?: Many times I have found that error messages from Microsoft Edge are less descriptive than those from Mozilla Firefox. Here is a latest example that I came across. The code keepers of Microsoft Edge has to make a better attempt, if they have to compete.*Mad...
  8. Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox: On some sites, if I highlight or try to highlight something to either use Cortana to find or just copy, Edge will hang up and eventually I will get a message that "XX" site is not responding and ask me if I want to recover the page. I can go to the same site with Firefox...
  9. 2TB USB Drive appears to copy files but does not

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2TB USB Drive appears to copy files but does not: I have a 2TB USB drive ... I can copy files but at some point it appears that files are copied but only the folder exists once I remove the drive from the computer and go to read it later. I had this same issue with 512G micro SD cards although those gave a generic Windows...
  10. Does restoring a Windows image to a new hard drive copy all the errors

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Does restoring a Windows image to a new hard drive copy all the errors: Does restoring a Windows image to a new hard drive copy all the errors of the failing hard drive? I was at my local pc store for him to change over my hard drive. But he said it was Windows 10 that was the problem and to factory reset my PC. I think him seeing it was an HP,...