Windows 10: Does Fast Startup really make your startups faster?

Discus and support Does Fast Startup really make your startups faster? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I honestly do not notice a difference. The same goes for Rapid Mode in Samsung Magician. 61612 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by socklosk, Aug 25, 2016.

1. socklosk Win User

Does Fast Startup really make your startups faster?

I honestly do not notice a difference. The same goes for Rapid Mode in Samsung Magician.

:)

socklosk, Aug 25, 2016
  2. Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 25, 2016
  3. upgrade to windows 10 disappeared after refreshing PC

yes hibernation can be a big problem. I have banished hibernation from all of my devices you also may want to turn off fast startup in power options. let me explain the concept of fast startup: when you click shutdown it really hibernates. it does speed
    up startup but harms the overall performance of your computer it doesn't clear the RAM which makes your pc slower,slower,and slower

Logan L. Johnson, Aug 25, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello socklosk, *Smile

Yes, Fast Startup does help your PC to start up faster. If you installed Windows on a SSD, then the startup speed boost is not as noticeable as it would be if you installed Windows on a HDD since a SSD is already pretty fast.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Does Fast Startup really make your startups faster? - Similar Threads - Does Fast Startup

2. Is fast startup bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is fast startup bad?: I am running windows 11 on a NVME SSD with 512gb storage is fast startup bad for my pc?SSD:WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ-512G-1006 512.1 GB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-fast-startup-bad/0e7c20d1-f175-44a0-afc4-eb0dffee6089
  3. Fast startup and not restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast startup and not restarting: my laptop is not shutting down when turned off fast startupand my laptop not restating and stuck at restarting screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup-and-not-restarting/990556db-e64f-4c38-91aa-d9e15ea7ccba
  4. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Why is my option to "Turn on fast startup" greyed out? [ATTACH] Pls Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup/4c05238b-43c2-4cc7-abff-f89aaf2795cd
  5. How to make Windows load icons faster on startup?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to make Windows load icons faster on startup?: Hi, when I start Windows, it takes some time to load up and come to the Lock Screen. Never mind that, after I unlocked my pc, the icons of the taskbar are missing and takes some time to load all icons. Is there a way to make it work faster?...
  6. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Okay so I figured out what's causing my computer to not fully shut down, and I'm cool with the whole fast startup feature but my problem with it is that I cant turn my computer back on when its in that mode, like I would have to hold the power button for it to fully shut...
  7. Failed fast startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed fast startup: Hi, I have been facing this issue for a while now. While fast startup is enabled, my laptop has very rarely fast startup, and when checking the events viewer, it would always state the following: error) Event 29, Kernel boot: Windows failed fast startup with error status...
  8. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: Hi, does anyone know how to enable fast startup without enabling hibernation windows 10? Thank you 18351
  9. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: I tend to leave windows 10 mostly at default settings. So I keep fast start up enabled on my desktop. I do have an SSD but it is convenient and shaves a few seconds of reboot i guess. However I want to know whether it relies on a power source? What I mean by this is, is my pc...
  10. No fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No fast startup: Hi i have looked in power settings and all i have is sleep and lock no fast startup box to tick i have looked in hiberboot enabled and it is set on (1) i do have 14393-222 build and i do not have any other problems with windows 10 just slow start up. Hp workstation 2tb hard...