Windows 10: Does having a Gmail account Set Up On Windows Mail Allow Microsoft To Read My Email in Gmail?

Discus and support Does having a Gmail account Set Up On Windows Mail Allow Microsoft To Read My Email in Gmail? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, So I am using the Mail and Calendar App on Windows 10 with my Gmail account. I am wondering, does this allow Microsoft employees to access and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KeiferBly, Jul 8, 2018.

1. KeiferBly Win User

Does having a Gmail account Set Up On Windows Mail Allow Microsoft To Read My Email in Gmail?

Hello,

So I am using the Mail and Calendar App on Windows 10 with my Gmail account. I am wondering, does this allow Microsoft employees to access and read my email in my Gmail account? Thank you.

:)

KeiferBly, Jul 8, 2018
  2. mdm-adph Win User

GMail Accounts Get 3 GB of Storage Space

As a user of Yahoo's online mail (for the past 7 years) and Gmail (for the past 2 or 3, can't remember how long it's been around), I have to disagree with you.

I use online mail accounts like Yahoo and Gmail simply to catch email through a forwarder on a domain I own. The forwarder doesn't block anything -- it simply redirects all mail sent to it to an email address I set up, either at Yahoo or Gmail. I've had this same email address at this domain for about 7 years, so it's had time to get on a lot of spammer's lists.

When I set this forwarder up to forward mail to Yahoo, something like 50-60 pieces of spam get through to my inbox every single day. This isn't including the 3 or 4 hundred that get redirected to the junk folder. And that's just one day.

When I set it up to forward to Gmail, that number of spam emails that make it to my inbox drops to two or three.

So, either Gmail's server admins are more on the ball when it comes to spam, or else Yahoo's simply not trying hard enough.

mdm-adph, Jul 8, 2018
  3. 10win10 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

hi, you can add images how you re-add your gmail account?
    i don't find right now but i search for some article about that, but pretty sure that i read somewhere about that
    Add Gmail and Other Email to Windows 10 Mail Calendar (Updated)

thanks

10win10, Jul 8, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Does having a Gmail account Set Up On Windows Mail Allow Microsoft To Read My Email in Gmail?

Gmail - Getting mails not exactly sent to me

No one else is getting anyone's mail because of this... It is NOT a bug.
    It is intentional. All those addresses belong to you, no matter where the dot.

Quoted from GMail help:

Test it... send yourself an email with no dot in your name.

95Viper, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Does having a Gmail account Set Up On Windows Mail Allow Microsoft To Read My Email in Gmail? - Similar Threads - Does having Gmail

2. Why does my gmail account have no sent email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my gmail account have no sent email?: I have no email in the SENT folder even though I have sent mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-gmail-account-have-no-sent-email/21c6939b-bf3a-4b9b-aa39-a3f9f6bd57c8
  3. Why does my gmail account have no sent email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my gmail account have no sent email?: I have no email in the SENT folder even though I have sent mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-gmail-account-have-no-sent-email/21c6939b-bf3a-4b9b-aa39-a3f9f6bd57c8
  4. Errors setting up gmail account in Mail app

Errors setting up gmail account in Mail app: New HP laptop, first use. But long time Windows user. Hotmail email account set up no problem. Unable to add gmail account without getting an error code 0x80070490. Have tried to restart the app and reinstall. Have also tried all the suggestions on this question...
  5. cannot receive gmail from 2 of 3 gmail accounts set up on windows mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot receive gmail from 2 of 3 gmail accounts set up on windows mail: I can send emails from all 3 gmail accounts using windows mail but cannot receive emails from 2 of them. All have been configured alike. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-receive-gmail-from-2-of-3-gmail-accounts/de98b1e6-f2e4-48c2-90d5-5491a77c34ab
  6. Have my gmails been read?

in Browsers and Email
    Have my gmails been read?: Hi Guys I hear there is a way to know if your "sent" gmails have been opened/read. A google search said there is a Tracker, a bit confused as I was hoping it could be done in gmail settings? W10 163261
  7. Have my gmails been read?

in Windows 10 Support
    Have my gmails been read?: Hi Guys I hear there is a way to know if your "sent" gmails have been opened/read. A google search said there is a Tracker, a bit confused as I was hoping it could be done in gmail settings? W10 163261
  8. Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail

Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail: Hi, After updating to Win Pro 10 64 v.1809 build 17763.316 (from v. 1803), I could not sync with my gmail accounts anymore. I deleted them. I am now unable to add them back. I tried multiple solutions - including the one given in august 2018 on this forum - but I am still...
  9. unable to set up gmail account within Microsoft Mail app

unable to set up gmail account within Microsoft Mail app: Hi, Unable to set up my gmail account within Mail app, keep getting error code 0x8000000b , I am clueless as to what might be the reason for this, Ideas anyone? [ATTACH]...
  10. I am having trouble setting up my gmail account in mail and calender

I am having trouble setting up my gmail account in mail and calender: I can sign in as administrator and setup my gmail in mail but when I try to set it up in my regular account it will not work. is there any way that I can open the mail ap. as administrator?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I want to set up my gmail without letting windows have access