Windows 10: Does HP Photosmart 385 work in Win 10?

Discus and support Does HP Photosmart 385 work in Win 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Does anyone know if the HP Photosmart 385 printer works with the 64 bit version of Windows 10? I used to run the 32 bit version of Windows 7 and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by snikr, Feb 13, 2016.

1. snikr Win User

Does HP Photosmart 385 work in Win 10?

Does anyone know if the HP Photosmart 385 printer works with the 64 bit version of Windows 10? I used to run the 32 bit version of Windows 7 and it worked there, but when I upgraded to Windows 10 (32 bit version) it stopped working. Long story short, I tried EVERYTHING to get it to work in Win 10 (32 bit version) and I couldn't get it to work. It wouldn't print, you could NOT use it as a camera card reader, nothing. Since then I've gone with the 64 bit version of Win 7 and the 385 works just fine there. Not going to move to Win 10 if I can't get the 285 to work there. And I've been told to get a new printer and I can see no reason to do that just because Microsoft does not support it.

:)

snikr, Feb 13, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

installing an older printer on windows 10

Does HP support the Photosmart 7660 on Windows 10?

If HP supports the Photosmart 7660 on Windows 10, they will help you get it working properly.

If HP does not support the Photosmart 7660 on Windows 10, it's not going to work on Windows 10.

BulldogXX, Feb 13, 2016
  3. Printers and Win 10

My HP Photosmart p1000 printer worked fine with Win 7, but not since I "UPGRADED" to Win 10.

Any suggestions, HP can't help.

MATHSMAN95, Feb 13, 2016
  4. Does HP Photosmart 385 work in Win 10?

Please try the following:

Download the 32bit drivers for the printer.
    Right click on it and click on properties
    Under compatibility mode change the settings to run with Windows 7 32bit
    Check mark Admin privileges

Then try and install the printer.

tanujchadha, Feb 14, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Since you say you've gone back to Win7 and the 64-bit version and that the printer works, looks like all is good until you decide to try Win10 again. Also, your last statement is a bit misleading, it's really not up to Microsoft to provide the drivers unless the manufacturer of the device provides them to Microsoft which is why it's best to go the manufacturer's site to get the proper drivers.

Berton, Feb 14, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    As another poster (#3) remarked, Microsoft doesn't support third party hardware, although they sometimes distribute drivers through Window Update.

Unfortunately, HP lists the Photosmart as a "retired" product. They offer zero support for it, including support for older OSes. Makes me happy that neither of my two printers is from HP.

The latest drivers that I see at the Microsoft update archive are:

Microsoft Update Catalog

They are from 2006. The latest OS they are listed as supporting is Win 8.1, so I'd expect them to work under 10 as well.

Good luck.

bobkn, Feb 14, 2016
  7. snikr Win User
    Looks like I'll just have to try it. And yes, HP just says to let Windows install a driver for the 385. It never did work in 10 like it did in 7 (both the 32 bit versions). It looks like I may stay with Windows 7 just a bit longer.

snikr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Does HP Photosmart 385 work in Win 10?

1. Does HP Photosmart 385 work in Win 10? - Similar Threads - Does Photosmart 385

2. Does Anyone Have The Drivers For The HP-Photosmart-C4380?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Anyone Have The Drivers For The HP-Photosmart-C4380?: Good Evening. I recently got a printer from my father. It is the HP-Photosmart-C4380 and it is not coming with the drivers. I do not trust any drivers off the internet, and the HP website itself does not provide any drivers. Looking at the printer under Devices and Printers...
  3. Does Anyone Have The Drivers For The HP-Photosmart-C4380?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Anyone Have The Drivers For The HP-Photosmart-C4380?: Good Evening. I recently got a printer from my father. It is the HP-Photosmart-C4380 and it is not coming with the drivers. I do not trust any drivers off the internet, and the HP website itself does not provide any drivers. Looking at the printer under Devices and Printers...
  4. Does Anyone Have The Drivers For The HP-Photosmart-C4380?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HP Photosmart 6515

HP Photosmart 6515: Replaced all colored and black ink cartridge but when i do a test print i always get a blank page Even when I try to copy it always comes back blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-photosmart-6515/6c21a131-1860-43dc-8e8c-ee034bc66289
  6. HP Photosmart 8450 printer not working.

HP Photosmart 8450 printer not working.: I have a HP photosmart 8450 printer and cannot get it to work on my new Windows 10 home computer. Originally I had it connected to my previous Windows 7 computer and it worked fine. Will this printer work with my new Windows 10 home edition computer....
  7. HP Photosmart Software

HP Photosmart Software: Hello Microsoft Community, I Have a HP Envy m6 1117TX Laptop with Intel core i7-3632QM 2.20GHZ bought 2012 8GB Ram, 750GB HDD, AMD Radeon HD 7670 Graphics card Currently running Windows 10-1903-18362-? 64 bit not sure of last numbers as I updated today Printer is a HP...
  8. HP photosmart 8450 and Windows 10

HP photosmart 8450 and Windows 10: My HP 8450 worked perfectly well until the 16 June, since I get a status error message when trying to print. My update history shows changes to the Dot4prt.sys driver. None of the recommended fixes have worked ( remove and reinstall etc) and despite HP saying that the...
  9. Can not add HP Photosmart 385

Can not add HP Photosmart 385: I upgraded from Windows 7 where I used my HP Photosmart 385 printer as my camera card reader (I have it hooked up to the computer via a USB cable). When I upgraded to Windows I lost the 385 as a printer. I tried to add the printer and all I got for my effort was that it...
  10. HP Photosmart help

HP Photosmart help: Does anyone know if Windows 10 will now work with a HP Photosmart 385 printer? When I first went to Windows 10 in August my 385 would not work. I rolled back to 7 and everything was fine (I could use the 385 as a card reader and send photos over via USB cable to print, can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does the hp photosmart 385 work with windows 10