Windows 10: Does IE 10 or IE 9 run on Windows 10?

Discus and support Does IE 10 or IE 9 run on Windows 10? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have access issues with a legacy application running in Windows 10 and I need the functionality of either IE 10 or IE 9 (we need SSL v.3) until we... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by whitesh, Nov 1, 2015.

1. whitesh Win User

Does IE 10 or IE 9 run on Windows 10?

I have access issues with a legacy application running in Windows 10 and I need the functionality of either IE 10 or IE 9 (we need SSL v.3) until we upgrade.

Does anyone know how I can install earlier versions of IE on Windows 10 or a work around, we tried and were not successful.

:)

whitesh, Nov 1, 2015

2. No longer able to use F12 to downgrade IE version

I have been connecting to Webvpn which requires ie 8 or 9. Running from windows 8.1 I have been using the F12 tools in ie 11 to emulate ie 9 and this has allowed me to connect to webvpn. Following an update to Windows 8.1 this no longer works. I decided
    to upgrade to windows 10 but this has not fixed the problem. Using the F12 developer tools, running IE 11 from windows 10, it still fails to make webvpn think it is being accessed by ie9.

David B_562, Nov 1, 2015
  3. SBWhite Win User
    Can I replace default Internet Explorer that ships with Windows 10 with an earlier version of IE?

I have access issues with a legacy application running in Windows 10 and I need the functionality of either IE 10, IE 9 or a earlier version of Internet Explorer(we need SSL v.3) until we upgrade.

Does anyone know how I can install earlier versions of IE on Windows 10 or a work around, we tried installing earlier versions but were not successful.

SBWhite, Nov 1, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

No. IE11 is available in Windows 10.
    By default Microsoft Edge is Windows 10 default browser, but you can enable IE11 and use it as your default.

Will IE11 do what you need to do ?

davidhk, Nov 1, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    You can turn on ssl 3.0 in internet options. Would that do?

Does IE 10 or IE 9 run on Windows 10? [​IMG]

lx07, Nov 1, 2015
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    Welcome to the forum.

Windows operating systems have always been compatible only with versions of IE that are the same or newer than that which they were released with. As Windows 10 was released with IE 11 that is the only version it is currently compatible with. It would likely be compatible with IE 12 if it were ever released but that seems unlikely. IE is not just a browser but is essentially a part of the OS.

LMiller7, Nov 1, 2015
  7. sml156 Win User
    sml156, Nov 1, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Internet Explorer Compatibility View - Turn On or Off - Windows 7 Help Forums

Cliff S, Nov 1, 2015
  9. Led Zappa Win User
    For those that will stumble upon this thread as I have:

These also run on W7 as we have the same problem. Windows 7 is the latest OS we can use for Oracle due to the support of IE10. Sometimes I must downgrade a system with 11 down to 9 and then up to 10 in order for the software to work, both versions will work on W7.

Note: You must find the downloadable version. MS will prevent you from installing it via their site.

Led Zappa, Jun 14, 2017
  10. For Legacy things to run can't you just add them to the Compatibility settings in IE 11? That's what we do at the office, and we haven't had any issues yet.

Bobby Phoenix, Jun 16, 2017
  11. Led Zappa Win User
    We run an old version of Oracle that runs specific versions of Java and higher versions of IE do not support them AIUI. We also have to run in Compatibility Mode with IE 10 lol.

Led Zappa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Does IE 10 or IE 9 run on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Does run

2. computer asks for bitlock key, typed in and still does not want to run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer asks for bitlock key, typed in and still does not want to run: I get the bitlocker id key request and place that in, then my computer goes into recovery mode and just spins no options to do anything else...
  3. computer asks for bitlock key, typed in and still does not want to run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer asks for bitlock key, typed in and still does not want to run: I get the bitlocker id key request and place that in, then my computer goes into recovery mode and just spins no options to do anything else...
  4. C drive does not show when running Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive does not show when running Ubuntu: I am trying to recover unuploaded OneDrive documents from a Dell Optiplex 7780 running Windows 11 that I got locked out of. I assume there should be a folder on the C drive where the un-uploaded documents would be stored. My plan was to use an Ubuntu bootable USB to access...
  5. C drive does not show when running Ubuntu

C drive does not show when running Ubuntu: I am trying to recover unuploaded OneDrive documents from a Dell Optiplex 7780 running Windows 11 that I got locked out of. I assume there should be a folder on the C drive where the un-uploaded documents would be stored. My plan was to use an Ubuntu bootable USB to access...
  6. Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...: When I try and apply a screensaver it says "this screensaver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that is compatible with Direct3DI prefer to use the time for my screensaver, and have it bounce back and forth, that is not an option on this Dell Snapdragon...
  7. Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...

Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...: When I try and apply a screensaver it says "this screensaver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that is compatible with Direct3DI prefer to use the time for my screensaver, and have it bounce back and forth, that is not an option on this Dell Snapdragon...
  8. Touch keyboard and handwriting panel does not appear even though it's running tablet issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard and handwriting panel does not appear even though it's running tablet issue: I have a Windows 10 tablet, where the Touch keyboard and handwriting panel service does not show up, even though it is running. The only way to fix this issue is to restart the device. However after a couple of restarts it randomly stops appearing. Things I already tried...
  9. Touch keyboard and handwriting panel does not appear even though it's running tablet issue

Touch keyboard and handwriting panel does not appear even though it's running tablet issue: I have a Windows 10 tablet, where the Touch keyboard and handwriting panel service does not show up, even though it is running. The only way to fix this issue is to restart the device. However after a couple of restarts it randomly stops appearing. Things I already tried...
  10. Windows 11 does not recognize correct native resolution. Will not run HDR.

Windows 11 does not recognize correct native resolution. Will not run HDR.: Windows 11 FASLEY claims my display is 1920 x 1080, THIS IS NOT TRUE. My setup is meant to have 3840 x 2160 as its native resolution, IT IS CAPABLE OF HDR. When I try to turn HDR on, it instantly turns off. Yes, my display can handle 4k it is an LG OLED TV. My TV is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Does IE 10 or IE 9 run on Windows 10