Windows 10: Does keeping a PC hotspot on 24/7 have problems to it?

Discus and support Does keeping a PC hotspot on 24/7 have problems to it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I'm done using my PC hotspot I always turn it off from fear of thinking it will slow down or get worse If I leave it on 24/7. But It gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StevieVillafuerte, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Does keeping a PC hotspot on 24/7 have problems to it?

Every time I'm done using my PC hotspot I always turn it off from fear of thinking it will slow down or get worse If I leave it on 24/7. But It gets tedious reconnecting my devices all the time. Are there any problems with leaving it on 24/7? (I turn off my pc when I go to bed, so I guess it's not really 24/7)

:)

StevieVillafuerte, Jul 14, 2018
  2. freebird_9924, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Problem

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with on Windows 10.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issues with other network connection?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Please get back to us with an update on Wi-Fi hotspot issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Does keeping a PC hotspot on 24/7 have problems to it?

Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Does keeping a PC hotspot on 24/7 have problems to it?

1. Does keeping a PC hotspot on 24/7 have problems to it? - Similar Threads - Does keeping hotspot

2. Why does microsoft have to constantly always update 24/7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does microsoft have to constantly always update 24/7?: can you guys please just do security updates and leave everything else alone? i hate updating because every single time something breaks, why cant you people just leave the OS alone? stop updating every freaking day, every month , do something else, leave our computers...
  3. Why does microsoft have to constantly always update 24/7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does microsoft have to constantly always update 24/7?: can you guys please just do security updates and leave everything else alone? i hate updating because every single time something breaks, why cant you people just leave the OS alone? stop updating every freaking day, every month , do something else, leave our computers...
  4. Why is my PC literarly freezing 24/7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my PC literarly freezing 24/7?: 5950x Evga rtx 3090X570 Taichi BIOS P4.40Corsair 32gb ddr4 3000 RAM 4x8gbCorsair rm850x psu Samsung 500gb 850 evo boot drive Some other random ssds/hddsA bit of backstory:I'm going to start off by saying I have not had a single problem until I went over to my dad's. All my...
  5. Why is my PC literarly freezing 24/7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my PC literarly freezing 24/7?: 5950x Evga rtx 3090X570 Taichi BIOS P4.40Corsair 32gb ddr4 3000 RAM 4x8gbCorsair rm850x psu Samsung 500gb 850 evo boot drive Some other random ssds/hddsA bit of backstory:I'm going to start off by saying I have not had a single problem until I went over to my dad's. All my...
  6. Why is my PC literarly freezing 24/7?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. What should I keep in mind when running a remote pc 24/7?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What should I keep in mind when running a remote pc 24/7?: Hello, I'm planning on running my desktop 24/7 remotely for the next 6 months. I have already adjusted the powerplant so that it won't go to sleep and so the CPU can idle at 5%. Is there anything else I should do to ensure that the pc is always online and available after an...
  8. How do I keep my display on 24/7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I keep my display on 24/7: I have a computer that people at work need to be able to look at anytime of the day without having to log in. This means I need keep my display on 100% of the time. I have messed with every option I can think of but it still ends up at the lock screen requiring my password. I...
  9. Is it "safe" to keep external hard drives awake 24/7 ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it "safe" to keep external hard drives awake 24/7 ?: One small niggle I have is the 6 external HDDs I have, which are connected to docks, constantly take about 5 seconds to come to life when needed, I suddenly hear them whir up when I click on them or save to them. I have turned off "sleep" in Power settings, but this doesn't...
  10. How can I keep Win10 running 24/7?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I keep Win10 running 24/7?: On my home network I have a 'basic' machine running Novosoft HandyBackUp. This is left unattended with HandyBackUp, Windows Explorer & Task Manager windows open. The backup program runs at 3am each morning - in theory. On Win7 I had to disable Microsoft updates to stop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you leave a hotspot on 24/7