Windows 10: Does mail run in the background?

Discus and support Does mail run in the background? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. I have three email accounts and was wondering if I 'X' out of the program if it runs in the background. I would... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bobconner, Jul 29, 2015.

1. bobconner Win User

Does mail run in the background?

I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. I have three email accounts and was wondering if I 'X' out of the program if it runs in the background. I would rather not have it on my toolbar. Thank you in advance.

:)

bobconner, Jul 29, 2015
  2. artful72 Win User

does the Detective app by Asleroid run in the background and record calls if you want? If so, do you have to have the loudspeaker on? Thanks Does mail run in the background? :)

does the Detective app by Asleroid run in the background and record calls if you want? If so, do you have to have the loudspeaker on? Thanks Does mail run in the background? :)

artful72, Jul 29, 2015
  3. garym123 Win User

It is free. Try it and see. We don't review apps.

garym123, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Bob, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Yes. By default the Mail app is one turned on to run in the background. If you like, you can use the tutorial below to turn on or off apps to let run in the background. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  5. bobconner Win User
    Thank you for a quick response. There were 15 apps there but not a mail one unless it is linked with calendar. A couple I am not sure what they are: @{Microsoft.People_1.10159.0.0_x65_8wekyb... and @{Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_10.1506.19010.0...

bobconner, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Hi,
    I have the same problem. I can't see windows 10 email app on background apps area, and I don't know how to put it there.
    I tryed to uninstall, mas I couldn't. It seems that it is system protected app.
    Any recommendation?
    Thanks in advance,
    HHC [/quote] L: My Computer
    Does mail run in the background? [​IMG]
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: Tablet
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: Onda v891w

[*]
    bobconner Junior Member Posts : 3 Windows 10
    New[/b] 31 Jul 2015 #5 Mail is in background
    L: My Computer
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop

[*]
    Junior Member Posts : 3 Windows 10 New[/b] 31 Jul 2015 #6
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: Tablet
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: Onda v891w

[*]
    thunderclap Member Posts : 99 Windows 10 New[/b] 31 Jul 2015 #7
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: Custom Build
    CPU: Intel Core i5
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Memory: Corsair 16GB
    Graphics Card: MSI GTX 970 4G
    Monitor(s) Displays: ASUS
    Screen Resolution: 1080p
    Keyboard: Logitech
    Mouse: Logitech
    PSU: Corsair
    Case: NZXT
    Cooling: Corsair H80
    Browser: Chrome
    Antivirus: Windows Defender and Malwarebytes

[*]
    [*]
    Junior Member Posts : 3 Windows 10 New[/b] 31 Jul 2015 #8

helderhcruz, Jul 30, 2015
  7. bobconner Win User
    I left my PC on overnight and Mail was closed out. This morning new emails were in the notification box, so it is working. Also, after a restart last night, the notification flag started working. I can't change the notification sound though. It seems like the notification sounds in control panel are for the old Win7 even though they didn't work for Outlook 10 either. Thanks. *Cool

bobconner, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Does mail run in the background?

Ok, thanks for your feedback.
    Let's try a good night sleep... *Smile

helderhcruz, Jul 30, 2015
  9. Not my thread, but Mail notifications is turned on for me and doesn't show them. Not sure what the deal is, but it's annoying.

thunderclap, Jul 30, 2015
  10. Hi,
    I think it is always in background, but power save mode, switch off push emails.
    Now, with notifications, I can't understand how they work. I never seen an email notification.

helderhcruz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Does mail run in the background? - Similar Threads - Does mail run

2. mail and weather app not running in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail and weather app not running in background: why mail and weather app is suspended? these app always shows me old temperature and old mail. i have to open those app for getting updated temperature and mail. fix this please....
  3. mail doesn't run in the background

mail doesn't run in the background: I tried everything but mail doesn't run in the background. it only updates mail when I refresh it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-doesnt-run-in-the-background/885f56f2-0825-49cb-a466-cb1d318e026d
  4. Windows Mail isn't running in background

Windows Mail isn't running in background: I don't get any notifications of new emails until I open the app. I already tried to reinstall and check the "allow to running in background" option....
  5. Does mail run in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does mail run in sleep mode: So I have been having an internet issue at home and have connected my laptop to cellular hotspot but am worried that if I put my PC on sleep mode whether or not my emails will be sent in the background...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App not running in the background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail App not running in the background?: When I used to use the windows mail app a couple of months ago it would run in the background and continue to receive emails even when the app was closed. Now I've noticed it only receives emails if the app is actively open. I've checked my settings and verified it is a part...
  7. Mail app in background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app in background: I am new to windows 10 (got my first pc today after swtching from mac). How can I have the default Mail app run in the background, so that I don't have to have it open 24/7 and still get new email notifications? Can't seem to find any options for this. Edit: If not possible,...
  8. Mail not running in background

Mail not running in background: So the Mail app has stopped checking for new messages in the background. Now it only gives me new mail notifications AFTER I open the app. Kind of defeats the point of notifications. Anyone know why it could have stopped working and how to fix it?...
  9. Apps running in background .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps running in background .: I would like to stop the possibility of certain programs to run in the windows background. How can I do that? I stopped everything from Task Manager - Startup, but it did not work. Always when I open the computer or give it a restart, the same programs run in the...
  10. Apps Running in Background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps Running in Background: Recently, I've had a lot of Windows apps running in the background- photos, calculator, and the store app, just to name a few- despite the fact that I have my computer set to not run apps in the background. Well, recently I found out that every time I turn on my computer, my...