Windows 10: Does MCT Ever Need To Be Updated?

Discus and support Does MCT Ever Need To Be Updated? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have W10 Pro x64. I have a flash drive I labeled "W10 Pro Install & Repair". I use this when I need to restore a system image. I assume this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Van1, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Van1 Win User

Does MCT Ever Need To Be Updated?

I have W10 Pro x64. I have a flash drive I labeled "W10 Pro Install & Repair". I use this when I need to restore a system image. I assume this is the MCT. Does this thing need to be updated/replaced with the current version of the MCT on some time or W10 update basis? My understanding is the MCT changes over time. Thank you.

(I'm posting this in both the Windows update, recovery, & backup and Install & upgrade categories because MCT is discussed in both.)

:)

Van1, Jul 8, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Does MCT Ever Need To Be Updated? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 8, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 8, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Does MCT Ever Need To Be Updated? - Similar Threads - Does MCT Ever

2. Does Windows 10 if installed using MCT ISO image will need updates too

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 10 if installed using MCT ISO image will need updates too: Hi, I have been asking questions here and as I know I can install Windows 10 using MCT ISO image, but question is normally we get Windows updates, right? If I install Windows 10 using MCT and ISO image burned on DVD or USB after installation will there be requirement to...
  3. Does Windows 10 if installed using MCT ISO image will need updates too

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows 10 if installed using MCT ISO image will need updates too: Hi, I have been asking questions here and as I know I can install Windows 10 using MCT ISO image, but question is normally we get Windows updates, right? If I install Windows 10 using MCT and ISO image burned on DVD or USB after installation will there be requirement to...
  4. Does Windows 10 if installed using MCT ISO image will need updates too

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. MCT / UPDATE ASSISTANT / ISO

MCT / UPDATE ASSISTANT / ISO: COULD YOU PLEASE SAY ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UPDATE ASSISTANT AND MEDIA CREATION TOOL / ISO FOR WINDOWS 10 2004 UPGARDE SAY ME THE DIFFEENCE , BENEFITS , ADVANTAGE ,DISADVANTAGE . PLEASE........
  6. Mct usb

Mct usb: I have a USB 64 GB (my first one of this size) with the 20H1 ISO using the MCT. Can I still use it as storage and still be able to boot from it. All my other USB drives are 8 gb or less. So no big deal for an "only" single use USB drive. 160310
  7. Does MCT Ever Need To Be Updated?

Does MCT Ever Need To Be Updated?: I have W10 Pro x64. I have a flash drive I labeled "W10 Pro Install & Repair". I use this when I need to restore a system image. I assume this is the MCT. Does this thing need to be updated/replaced with the current version of the MCT on some time or W10 update basis? My...
  8. MCT error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MCT error: I downloaded MCT and started making ISO. Due to failure of internet, I had to cancel operation of making ISO and started again. I am getting error as follows. [img] I deleted contents of windows/softwaredistribution/download folder. I also did the following commands in...
  9. USB made with MCT does not boot!

USB made with MCT does not boot!: Admittedly, since it's been around 2 years since I tried to boot a PC using the USB media made from the MCT, but unless my memory is faulty, I recall being able to boot from it. I tried to boot my crashed HP laptop using a new USB and it would not boot. I tried three...
  10. MCT and cumulative updates

MCT and cumulative updates: MCT and cumulative updates on a different website I recently read that it might be possible tosomehow include the cumulative updates in the creation process of the ISO. Is that true and if so, how is that process?? 53799

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does mct display service work in windows 10