Windows 10: Does Media Creation Tool download updates?

Discus and support Does Media Creation Tool download updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just created a bootable USB with the media creation tool and I'm wondering if it includes the most recent updates, or do I have to download them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yogalD, Jul 12, 2016.

1. yogalD Win User

Does Media Creation Tool download updates?

I just created a bootable USB with the media creation tool and I'm wondering if it includes the most recent updates, or do I have to download them afterwards?

:)

yogalD, Jul 12, 2016

2. Does the Media Creation Tool download the latest version of Windows 10?

So does this mean that users who have devices with limited storage, where a clean install is required for large updates, are stuck on 1703.

drealmobster, Jul 12, 2016
  3. WayneRupp Win User
    Does the Media Creation Tool download the latest version of Windows 10?

Hello Darryl,

Yes, the current download of the MCT is for Version 1703 OS Build 15063.0.......aka The Creators Update.

After applying Windows Updates after installation, the OS Build will become the current build 15063.413

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Wayne

WayneRupp, Jul 12, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

It is partly up to date but automatically downloads latest updates - does not take that long.

cereberus, Jul 12, 2016
  5. yogalD Win User
    How up to date is "partly"?...

yogalD, Jul 12, 2016
  6. kongming Win User
    It is okay as long as you download your Windows 10 media creation tool from Microsoft official website.

kongming, Jul 13, 2016
  7. vgchat Win User
    Wouldn't really expect anyone to get it anywhere else..

vgchat, Jul 13, 2016
  8. yogalD Win User

yogalD, Jul 13, 2016
  9. cereberus Win User
    Really not necessary - just click on update from update menu - updates are cumulative ie they contain all latest and previous updates (new ones over writing old ones where appropriate). Windows 10 updating is much better than the old windows 7 updates. Rarely takes more than 10-20 mins on a moderate broadband speed.

cereberus, Jul 13, 2016
  10. yogalD Win User
    It makes it easier to reinstall in the future and I have poor internet

yogalD, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Does Media Creation Tool download updates? - Similar Threads - Does Media Creation

2. Downloading Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading Media Creation Tool: I'm using Ubuntu and I need to download media creation tool for something. But I can't download because when I go download page of Windows, it only shows me option to download ISO file not media creation tool executable. Is there another way to download it from a non-windows...
  3. Unable to download media creation tool

Unable to download media creation tool: I have a problem with upgrading my Windows 10 laptop. That’s why I tried to use media creation tool. But I cannot open the media creation tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-media-creation-tool/19a84e4a-e03b-4cc6-b0e9-7ae47ba1f149
  4. What Version of windows does the media creation tool download?

What Version of windows does the media creation tool download?: Hello, I recently build a new PC and I am going to install windows 10 on it, but the thing is as i was preparing the USB flash drive with windows on it from my laptop through the media creation tool, this thought just came to my mind, about the version of windows the media...
  5. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  6. Media Creation Tool updated

Media Creation Tool updated: I just wanted to pass on a bit of info to the forum. The Media Creation Tool 1903 version has been updated to build 18362.418 on Microsoft website 143017
  7. Downloading in Media Creation Tool

Downloading in Media Creation Tool: How to resume download in Media Creation Tool? Thanks everyone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-in-media-creation-tool/fe621427-b54b-4e9f-b756-f80987ccec83
  8. Media Creation tool does not update 1803 enterprise

Media Creation tool does not update 1803 enterprise: Split from this thread. media creation tool does not able to update to 1809,on windows 10 1803 enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/media-creation-tool-does-not-update-1803/a395622b-970b-47a7-914b-1b585e7e08c0
  9. Media creation tool does not download windows10.iso

Media creation tool does not download windows10.iso: Hello, i've been looking for help a long time a go, thank god i found this forum. Here is the problem, im trying to use the media creation tool to download the W10 iso, boot from a dvd and do a clean install, deleting all my data. But the media creation tool seems to...
  10. Does the media creation tool install with the latest updates

Does the media creation tool install with the latest updates: I am tired of installing Windows and then spending the rest of the day while the pc goes through all the updates. I was hoping the media creator tool would do this but there is no mention of updates. 94812