Windows 10: does microsoft ever call its window customers telling them their windows product key is...

Discus and support does microsoft ever call its window customers telling them their windows product key is... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; // ? /////... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dmd845, Jul 9, 2018.

1. dmd845 Win User

does microsoft ever call its window customers telling them their windows product key is...

//

?

/////

:)

dmd845, Jul 9, 2018

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Windows Product Key

A friend of mine has an all-in-one that came with Windows 8 pre-installed. He erased the original OS thinking he could install another version of Windows 8. One thing he encountered, that he didn't expect, the BIOS/UEFI has a password. So, basically he is locked out from installing another OS. His BIOS has the product key nestled inside. Is it possible to find out which version the product key belong to?

GoFigureItOut, Jul 9, 2018
  4. does microsoft ever call its window customers telling them their windows product key is...

New Version of Windows XP to Combat Lack of Product Keys

The current version of Windows XP Service Pack 2.0b is currently running very low on product keys, due to piracy the surprising longevity of the product. And so, to combat the lack of product keys, Microsoft is creating a fresh batch by releasing Windows XP Service Pack 2.0c. There should be no major differences, other than the latest patches built in and the new abundance of keys.

This version of XP will only be available to OEM system builders, and will only be in the market until Windows XP's official EoL date: January 31st 2009. Retail copies of Windows XP will stop shipping on the January 31st 2008.

Source: Technet

zekrahminator, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

does microsoft ever call its window customers telling them their windows product key is...

1. does microsoft ever call its window customers telling them their windows product key is... - Similar Threads - does microsoft ever

2. Is OneDrive the worst Microsoft product ever?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is OneDrive the worst Microsoft product ever?: I was obliged to bring my desktop in to a computer tech repair shop for an unrelated matter. They dealt with the matter effectively but after a few weeks I realized that "my pictures" and "my documents" had been defaulted by Windows to OneDrive. Without any action from me...
  3. Customize product key for security

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Customize product key for security: Is there any way to customize my existing windows 10 product key so that the people or the third party software or the anti-virus software which found out my product key couldn't use it? This feature could help me to keep my windows secure...
  4. Customize product key for security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize product key for security: Is there any way to customize my existing windows 10 product key so that the people or the third party software or the anti-virus software which found out my product key couldn't use it? This feature could help me to keep my windows secure...
  5. Customize product key for security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Will Microsoft ever make its software better for customers or are we still in the "forget...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will Microsoft ever make its software better for customers or are we still in the "forget...: As I started moving some files around, a deja vu moment happened to me.Remember when we would get online via dial up and America Online?where it might take 10-20 seconds to get logged on or when it took ten to twenty minutes to get online?Tonight had a deja vu moment. I...
  7. Microsoft windows product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft windows product key: Can i use the windows 10 home version for any kind of use like i want to do freelancing?will it be legal or i have to buy windows pro? I mean like Microsoft provides office for personal use and other version for business use. Will it be the case for windows?? Kindly guide me...
  8. Microsoft User Research Customer Calls for Windows Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft User Research Customer Calls for Windows Insiders: Discuss your Windows taskbar experience directly with Windows engineers Based on some great feedback from earlier sessions, we’d like to again invite Windows Insiders to voluntarily participate in upcoming customer research calls. Conducted by Microsoft User Research, the...
  9. Does the Microsoft customer support representative ask for the product key and product ID?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does the Microsoft customer support representative ask for the product key and product ID?: I'm from India and I called the Microsoft tollfree number and the customer care person who took the phone asked for the product key and product ID. Do they ask like that? Product key is a confidential thing right. I gave him the product ID but did not give him the product...
  10. Does the Microsoft support customer care ask for the product key and product ID?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does the Microsoft support customer care ask for the product key and product ID?: I'm from India and I called the Microsoft tollfree number and the customer care person who took the phone asked for the product key and product ID. Do they ask like that? Product key is a confidential thing right. I gave him the product ID but did not give him the product...