Windows 10: Does not update from 8.1 to 10 during restart

Discus and support Does not update from 8.1 to 10 during restart in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am currently running Windows 8.1 on my Samsung Laptop. According to the GWX window it has downloaded the update and keeps popping up to say 'It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by iammyselfisme, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Does not update from 8.1 to 10 during restart

I am currently running Windows 8.1 on my Samsung Laptop. According to the GWX window it has downloaded the update and keeps popping up to say 'It's almost time for your update', but when I click 'Start the upgrade now' my system restarts, without installing anything and just starts up again to 8.1 as if I had restarted normally. I have repeated the process several times, but even clicking restart in the control panel upgrade section won't work.
    There are no errors, no warnings, nothing - my computer just restarts as if there were no update.

:)

iammyselfisme, Aug 26, 2015
  2. K G Coker Win User

computer would not finish booting the BOIS

upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1.Worked properly. Next cold restart received message 5 updates available`. Downloaded and during that process computer would not finish booting the BOIS. Can't Get to setup screen.

Does not read CD.

OT:

windows 10 failure

K G Coker, Aug 26, 2015
  3. jackshad Win User
    windows 10 fail and crash after update

After update from 8.1 to 10 while phone restart freez at 5% during set up, a message :-( show and phone swtich off.

jackshad, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Does not update from 8.1 to 10 during restart

iammyselfisme, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

Does not update from 8.1 to 10 during restart

1. Does not update from 8.1 to 10 during restart - Similar Threads - Does update during

2. 222H2 update fails during restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    222H2 update fails during restart: Hi,I am on 20H2 Win 10 and have been trying to upgrade to 22H2. The installation always gets to 100% and says to restart but on restart it says it can’t be completed and rolls back to 20H2.I’ve been through the answers and tried the following:1. Stopping services, renaming...
  3. Windows 11 freezes and restarts 8-10 times during updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezes and restarts 8-10 times during updates: Since updating to Windows 11, when restarting my computer to install updates, the machine will freeze many, many times. Not every time but sometimes, I will get an error screen. When that does occur, it has the stop code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.This is getting worse. The last...
  4. Windows 11 freezes and restarts 8-10 times during updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 freezes and restarts 8-10 times during updates: Since updating to Windows 11, when restarting my computer to install updates, the machine will freeze many, many times. Not every time but sometimes, I will get an error screen. When that does occur, it has the stop code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.This is getting worse. The last...
  5. BSOD restart during update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD restart during update.: Overnight my laptop had done an update, and upon waking up I see that my laptop was still installing it, after a couple of seconds of saying it's 30% done. The laptop BSOD's on itself, saying the only error is "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION". It then restarts doing the same thing...
  6. During update is says “restarting” but doesn’t restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    During update is says “restarting” but doesn’t restart: I was getting the new update and when i went to download it it seemed to go fine but then it went to the “restarting” process which normally takes a few seconds but it got stuck and i dont know if i should turn off my pc to fix it because i don’t want to get a blue screen or...
  7. Update stucks during restarting

Update stucks during restarting: [ATTACH]Update stucks while restarting. It has been like this for 2days now Update will go upto 82% then will go back to 32%. Cntrl+alt+delete is not working. I also tried hard reboot still its showing same Plzz help...
  8. Computer Hangs on Restart During Windows 10 Updates

Computer Hangs on Restart During Windows 10 Updates: One of my computers hangs on restart while trying to apply Windows 10 updates. The symptoms are that when a restart is required after installing an update, everything progresses normally during the shutdown phase, but when it gets to the boot-up phase, the system hangs with...
  9. windows10 update froze during restart

windows10 update froze during restart: A blue screen appeared advising - collecting info and “we’ll restart for you” 100% completed but nothing appears to be happening? The stop code is DRIVER-POWER-STATE-FAILURE. Any ideas what i do now?...
  10. Windows 10 restarting for update but does not update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 restarting for update but does not update: So windows update has been forcing my computer to restart to update tons of times recently but it never does update. It restarts each day and i would appreciate it if someone can help me with this issue. Windows updates have been working fine until recently. Please ask...