Windows 10: Does 'Open Office' have a program to open Power Point presentations?

Discus and support Does 'Open Office' have a program to open Power Point presentations? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Good morning, I just did a Clean install of my Windows 10 Home last night after it developed several corrupt files that I couldn't repair. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by 2harts4ever, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Does 'Open Office' have a program to open Power Point presentations?

Good morning,

I just did a Clean install of my Windows 10 Home last night after it developed several corrupt files that I couldn't repair. I previously had Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus on my computer but I somehow think that could have something to do with my corrupted files (not letting me utilize Windows Update successfully).

My question: Does the free 'Open Office' program have a program I could utilize to open Power Point Presentations that I had saved on an External Hard Drive? If so, it would keep me from installing Office 2013 again.

When I had Office installed I only used it for the Word Program and to open Power Point programs.

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards,

:)

2harts4ever, Oct 20, 2016
  2. polanco87 Win User

Firewall help

Does anyone know if and how I can turn off the firewall protection for an individual program such as power point? I cannot open my class power points now that I have windows 10.

polanco87, Oct 20, 2016
  3. "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action" message on opening system files after installing KB 3140743 and KB 3139907 on Windows 10.

Original Title: Unable to open folders or files after update KB3140743, and KB3139907

After the above updates installed, a double-click on a folder gives the "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action" message. The folder does open if I right click and select open.

An Office file will open the program (Excel, PPT, Word), but the file does not open.

If I go back to a restore point or uninstall the updates, all is well. I need a "going forward" fix!

Thanks in advnce for assistance...

birdieputt18, Oct 20, 2016
  4. Does 'Open Office' have a program to open Power Point presentations?

COMPUTIAC Guest, Oct 20, 2016
  5. I am not trying to be smart but I take from that link that I would be able to utilize the program to open the Power point Presentations I had saved on my External drive which I previously opened with Microsoft Power Point.

Am I understanding that correctly?

Thanks and regards,

6. Berton Win User
    Berton, Oct 20, 2016
  7. Hi Berton,

Thanks for your response. Do you think that free Microsoft Power Point Viewer would work in Windows 10?

Thanks and regards,

8. Berton Win User

Does 'Open Office' have a program to open Power Point presentations?

It should. I have one Notebook running Office 2000 on Win10 and our church has 2 Desktops with Office 2007 on them.

Berton, Oct 20, 2016
  9. Hi Berton,

I appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Does 'Open Office' have a program to open Power Point presentations?

1. Does 'Open Office' have a program to open Power Point presentations? - Similar Threads - Does 'Open Office'

2. Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations: Hi, I'm having trouble opening PowerPoint presentations on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to open a PowerPoint file, I receive an error message saying "PowerPoint couldn't read the file." This happens with all PowerPoint files, including ones that I've been able to open...
  3. WSP Office and Power Point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WSP Office and Power Point: I installed WSP Office and want to use it to view Power Point slide shows. I can't figure out how to play one without the program itself opening in front of the slide show. Any advice will be greatly appreciated....
  4. Windows insists on opening programs on not present second screen

Windows insists on opening programs on not present second screen: I am using an Asus Zenbook with Windows 10.When I am at home I am using an external monitor and some programs are opened on the external one.When I disconnect the external monitor windows still opens these programs outside the main screen although no external screen is...
  5. Opening Existing Power Point File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Existing Power Point File: Attempted to open a power point file that I created several weeks ago, and accessed yesterday and printed. Error message "Sorry, power point cannot read .......
  6. There is a time lag in Recording during Power point presentation .

There is a time lag in Recording during Power point presentation .: Hi I am facing problem in recording my live video in Power point presentation, as it is showing a time lag in my movement and my speech, movement is very slow and not synchronized . I have Just purchased a new laptop on 1st June-2020 dell inspiron 5491 2in 1 4 GB RAM,...
  7. AUTO OPEN A POWER POINT PRESENTATION SAVED IN PEN DRIVE ON CONNECTING PEN DRIVE TO PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AUTO OPEN A POWER POINT PRESENTATION SAVED IN PEN DRIVE ON CONNECTING PEN DRIVE TO PC: Kindly advise a solution to automatically open and run a power point presentation saved in pen drive once it is connected to PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-open-a-power-point-presentation-saved-in-pen/d4af9bd0-1819-4180-a595-eb662b521323
  8. Unable to open Office Starter programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to open Office Starter programs: starting today, and after latest updates and new feature update, unable to use word/excel. My computer has the office starter package, not the full versions. I get Application Virtualization Client could not lauch.. service is not running.. Error caode nis...
  9. power point presentation. adding audio file

in Windows 10 Customization
    power point presentation. adding audio file: I cannot add an audio file from Windows Media Player to Power Point Presentation. I have tried the usual ways, but no success. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-point-presentation-adding-audio-file/cb9418f5-3b8f-449b-a7e9-660e30e6d160
  10. Can not open Office or Adobe Programs

Can not open Office or Adobe Programs: Hello I keep having a recurring problem where office and adobe programs will cease to open on several computers. The only way to get them to run is to run them as administrator. I notice that after a restart I can open each program once before they are unable to be opened...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does open office have power point

2. does open office have power point viewer

3. does office have powerpoint in it

4. does open office support power point,
  5. What programs does Open Office support?