Windows 10: Does recovery disk save personal folders and files

Discus and support Does recovery disk save personal folders and files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got a new windows 10 laptop a few weeks ago and I'm belatedly getting around to creating a system recovery disk on usb. I'm intending to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ouroboros72, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Does recovery disk save personal folders and files

I got a new windows 10 laptop a few weeks ago and I'm belatedly getting around to creating a system recovery disk on usb. I'm intending to use the standard windows 10 option 'create a recovery drive'. Someone mentioned that among other things this would be useful if I ever wanted to sell the machine on further down the line and wanted to do a clean install.

My question is, does the standard recovery disk save personal data because I've already loaded some music, docs, notes vids and added a few browser bookmarks etc. Basically I'm hoping it doesn't because I wouldn't want to pass anything on. (I already do 2 separate backups of my personal stuff in case of failure, so that's not an issue)

:)

ouroboros72, Dec 12, 2015
  2. 58gwc18 Win User

Upgrade 10

Will I be able to save a copy of windows 10 file to a disk or will I have to try and burn several dvd disks of windows 10 as recovery disks.

Will windows 10 upgrade affect any personal files on my computer when it installs.

58gwc18, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Tooshiba L755 screen blank

I need to save my photo files, will recovery disk save those? ; I am in the process of creating a recovery disk.or do i need to specify which files to save to recovery disk?

redcloud B, Dec 12, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Does recovery disk save personal folders and files

On a new PC - I would highly recommend that you > Create a Recovery Drive..
    This will save the Factory Image to a USB - so if ever needed, you can re-install the factory Out Of Box setup..
    That recovery drive will NOT contain any personal programs or files...

To backup the current state of your PC - Programs, Files, settings, etc..
    I would recommend Marcium Reflect Free > Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

5. Ok, so it seems you're confirming it will not contain any personal programs or files even though I'll be doing it after I've already transferred some stuff onto the new system, which is what I'm trying to clarify.

I tend to just do it manually as I don't keep a great deal of stuff and media and don't do much with the settings either. But I'll certainly keep a note of your recommendation in case that situation changes.

Much appreciated.

ouroboros72, Dec 12, 2015
  6. Mansome Win User
    For this I recommend using File History to save the personal files and folders. No need to use a separate program to do that.

Mansome, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Does recovery disk save personal folders and files

1. Does recovery disk save personal folders and files - Similar Threads - Does recovery disk

2. FILES AND FOLDER RECOVERY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FILES AND FOLDER RECOVERY: How do I use Windows File recovery to recover files and folders deleted on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-and-folder-recovery/0ad07d59-a3cd-4940-a529-023c7ee19379
  3. FILES AND FOLDER RECOVERY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FILES AND FOLDER RECOVERY: How do I use Windows File recovery to recover files and folders deleted on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-and-folder-recovery/0ad07d59-a3cd-4940-a529-023c7ee19379
  4. FILES AND FOLDER RECOVERY

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Does reinstalling Windows 10 from USB always save personal files a windows.old folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does reinstalling Windows 10 from USB always save personal files a windows.old folder?: Been having some issues on my PC and have run out of other options than a fresh install of the OS from an USB stick. However, I have some photos on this SSD I'm rather fond of. Can anyone confirm that a fresh install of an USB stick always creates a windows.old folder where...
  6. Does reinstalling Windows 10 from USB always save personal files a windows.old folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does reinstalling Windows 10 from USB always save personal files a windows.old folder?: Been having some issues on my PC and have run out of other options than a fresh install of the OS from an USB stick. However, I have some photos on this SSD I'm rather fond of. Can anyone confirm that a fresh install of an USB stick always creates a windows.old folder where...
  7. Does reinstalling Windows 10 from USB always save personal files a windows.old folder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Save As Dialog Does Not Remember Last File Folder

Save As Dialog Does Not Remember Last File Folder: Since the most recent January and March 2021 Windows 10 Home updates, anytime I click Save As in any software program--including Microsoft Office Word/Excel/etc, Microsoft Word, Adobe--the last File Folder in which I saved a document is forgotten. This requires me to click...
  9. File History does not seem to save all folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History does not seem to save all folders: I think I found a bug in File History. I saved all of the Music folder on my laptop to a NAS using File History, and I found two sub-folders in the Music folder that were excluded from the saved Music folder. The names of the two sub-folders, admittedly were goofy:...
  10. optimize this folder does not save changes

optimize this folder does not save changes: I have a problem with: What kind of folder do you want? Optimize this folder for: I change the drop down from 'General items' to 'Video', click Apply, then ok. when i open the folder, it still show my General settings. I double check properties and it reverted back to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Which folders does backup and recovery save