Windows 10: Does Redmond even care about KB3122947?

Discus and support Does Redmond even care about KB3122947? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; With 33 failed attempts to install the KB3122947 update on my 3 computers and over 300 posts concerning the problem? KB3122947 1511 update -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ARYLIOA, Dec 10, 2015.

1. ARYLIOA Win User

Does Redmond even care about KB3122947?

With 33 failed attempts to install the KB3122947 update on my 3 computers and over 300 posts concerning the problem?

KB3122947 1511 update - anybody else get this? - Windows 10 Forums

(I know, a lot are redundant, but how do you search 300 posts?) Does anyone out there in Washington even seem to care?

Now, you may say that a work-around will solve the problem. And it apparently will for most people. But should I or any W10 user have to find and apply work-arounds when it is a Microsoft-caused problem? Should people who are not comfortable with running command files have to risk destroying their OS?

Surely, Microsoft put that bad download on my computers, they should either remove it completely or download a solution which will do the installation the way the clever folks on here did it. Or are they not only not caring, but not that clever?

This is only a typical problem with W10. It is surely not a stable platform at this point. We are all W10 Beta sites.

:)

ARYLIOA, Dec 10, 2015
  2. tooney(2) Win User

Do you guys even care about feedback about windows update?

This is a peer-to-peer help community, sponsored by Microsoft. Majority of replies are from volunteers, not Microsoft employees. Feedback Hub app is what to use to give feedback to Microsoft.

tooney(2), Dec 10, 2015
  3. Do you guys even care about feedback about windows update?

I work rotating shifts, so my active hours are not set in a normal 24 hour day like any one there seems to think. I lose so much time on MS unwanted forced reboots I so much I hate windows 10. If I were more tech savvy I would find a way to use another OS,
    but I am not. I will say the forced updates are now to a point I am considering getting a Mac because micro soft refuses to listen to any feedback on this WHAT-SO-EVER and I can not stop the forced updates. Even if I set it to metered connections. I am seriously
    considering send them a bill or a lawsuit to pay for the extra bandwidth they cost me at this point.

SO yes, there are those of us outside of you inconsiderate 12 hour window that would rather set it for a specific time, but it doesn't matter how many times I reset the options which are a joke because the update resets them to default, I am done with not
    having any control on when this would be a actual convenient time to down load.

Does any one there actually care?

* Moved from Virus & Malware

TheBennettD, Dec 10, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Do you think it would fix something important to you if it installed? If so what? And what makes you think that?

Considering MS don't say what their patches are supposed to do the fact that one of them (that does who knows what) doesn't install (to fix who knows what) what is the alternative?

The patch (to fix who knows what) does install and what changes? Who knows?

What problem?

What problem?

Again, what is the problem you think that this patch is supposed to fix?

If your only problem is you can't install a patch that fixes something (but you don't know what) then this hardly makes Windows unstable. It makes MS look a bit incompetent in their deliver methods (like the 1511 upgrade) but that is all.

5. ARYLIOA Win User
    Perhaps I did not make the cause of the annoyance as clear as I should have.

I do know what...... The initial problem is that Microsoft made an error in the 1511 release which reset many of the settings users had configured. The "patch" in question is to fix that, and is of no consequence to me since I immediately noticed that they had screwed up my settings and corrected them.

The "problem" I mention above is that I am getting a failed installation for the update over and over (33 so far on my 3 computers). Microsoft compounded the error in that the update does not install for many users. So they should fix the fix.

My computers dutifully wake up at 0330 every night, try to install the update, and fail in the attempt. Trying to install the fix, KB3122947, over and over, is insane and Microsoft should step up to the plate and fix it so my entire update screen doesn't read:

Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3122947)
    Failed to install on (infinity)

I do not consider that to be an unreasonable demand on Microsoft.

I can list several other areas of W10 which are unstable. Here is one link as an example:

File Explorer has become a real mess - Windows 10 Forums

There have been others, some of which have been "corrected". Again, I contend we are all Beta sites for Redmond.

ARYLIOA, Dec 10, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    Ah OK, get you. I only have 3 PC' I've turned on recently. One of them got stuck on KB3122947 so I installed it with dism. It never appeared on the other two (all are 1511). If it is bugging you why not just install it? It would be nice if they said what it is supposed to do I agree.

You can remove your duplicate drives in file explorer as described here. Bit of a mystery why they did that....

Unstable I can't agree with though. Windows 95 was pretty unstable (it kept crashing) but everything since then has been extremely stable. Unstable means it stops you working - not a bizarre UI decision or a patch (to fix who knows what) not installing.

7. ARYLIOA Win User
    Well, well, well. Someone must have noticed out there at MS. It took a week, but today all three of my computers say they are "up to date" and the troublesome KB3122947 update is nowhere to be found. (Except for the 35 or so failed attempts logged previously but, like they say, "half a loaf is better than none".)

ARYLIOA, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Does Redmond even care about KB3122947? - Similar Threads - Does Redmond care

2. Why does Microsoft not care about their customers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft not care about their customers?: Why is Microsoft customer service literally awful. I can't find a solution to my issue, nor a contact for support, nor an email for support. I get to post to a board where 99% of the time the answer is insufficient or ignored. I am not going to explain the issues with my...
  3. Why does Microsoft not care about their customers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft not care about their customers?: Why is Microsoft customer service literally awful. I can't find a solution to my issue, nor a contact for support, nor an email for support. I get to post to a board where 99% of the time the answer is insufficient or ignored. I am not going to explain the issues with my...
  4. Does Microsoft Corporation really care about it's customer base?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft Corporation really care about it's customer base?: I have watched this rollout of Windows 11 with great amusement. The whole thing is based on a lie. A lie that Microsoft told everyone with the Windows 10 upgrade. That 10 would be good for as long as we used. and it isn't. Why? Because they decided making a new operating...
  5. Does Microsoft Corporation really care about it's customer base?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft Corporation really care about it's customer base?: I have watched this rollout of Windows 11 with great amusement. The whole thing is based on a lie. A lie that Microsoft told everyone with the Windows 10 upgrade. That 10 would be good for as long as we used. and it isn't. Why? Because they decided making a new operating...
  6. Why does Microsoft not care at all about their customers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Microsoft not care at all about their customers?: I am on my countless winshit machine. Currently running windows 10. Laptop using 95% memory and 100% disk usage. Task Manager shows nothing running to warrant the use of these resources. **** Obviously the computer is doing something. Completely unusable **** as usual...
  7. Be Careful about an xbox Scam email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Be Careful about an xbox Scam email: For the last couple of years, people have been creating fake microsoft Xbox emails that can hack peoples account. (IT CANT) it just tryes to hack YOUR microsoft account.. They tell you to give them your email and password. So, please dont trust any of these fake emails. :)...
  8. Redmond Magazine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Redmond Magazine: Just discovered REDMOND MAGAZINE, its a must for all Windows people some great articles fascinating and educational https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/redmond-magazine/5fcd6af4-f23d-49e6-82ea-3f91e3d70789"
  9. KB3122947 1511 update - anybody else get this?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB3122947 1511 update - anybody else get this?: Just got this update, it downloaded but failed to install with error: Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3122947) - Error 0x80070643 32626
  10. Mail doesn't notify in the Action Centre since 1511 (KB3122947)

in Browsers and Email
    Mail doesn't notify in the Action Centre since 1511 (KB3122947): I was having the common problem updating to KB3122947, where it would simply fail to install. As far as I know, there were a few ways to resolve this, and I found the top answer here worked. Ever since, I've not been getting Mail notifications in the action centre, besides...
Tags: