Windows 10: Does reinstalling Windows 10 on my C partition affect other partitions

Discus and support Does reinstalling Windows 10 on my C partition affect other partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am a relatively inexperienced computer user and am having many crashes at present, with various reasons given for the crashes. I am contemplating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StanleyD, May 9, 2016.

1. StanleyD Win User

Does reinstalling Windows 10 on my C partition affect other partitions

I am a relatively inexperienced computer user and am having many crashes at present, with various reasons given for the crashes. I am contemplating doing a reinstall of Windows 10 and saving no files,etc - a clean install! If I do this will the contents of my partitions named D, F and G, be affected by the reinstallation or will they remain the same with no changes?

:)

StanleyD, May 9, 2016
  2. Fred_S_ Win User

Does a Clean Install of Windows 10 affect ONLY the C Drive

I have several partitions/drives (d,e,f,g) on my computer. I also have a manufacturer's recovery partition/drive for Windows 8.1.

Will a bootable installation created by the Media Creation Tool affect these other partitions/drives?

In other words, does a Clean Install affect only the C drive?

Fred_S_, May 9, 2016
  3. Resize Windows 10 Hard Disk Without Affecting Recovery Parttion

Hi,

I just bought a new Lenovo IdeaPad 320, with Windows 10 pre-installed with 2 active partition (C and D) with One Key Recovery Partition (which is located at end of disk holding size of 1000mb).

Size of C drive is too large, and I also want to create other partitions to organize my data easily.

So, I want to reduce the size of C drive to make other partitions, but
    WITHOUT AFFECTING Recovery Partition, which is located at last of holding size of 1000mb.

How can I do it without affecting my Recovery Partition?

If I shrink C Drive volume, and create other drives, it will affect Recovery Partition?

Dinesh Kesharwani, May 9, 2016
  4. kongming Win User

No, it does not affect anything in other drives. You try reset first. If it does not solve your problems, then format drive c and reinstall.

kongming, May 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Does reinstalling Windows 10 on my C partition affect other partitions - Similar Threads - Does reinstalling partition

2. Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?: I want to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop with 2 hard drives, becouse I have been experiencing software issues on my laptop. I have windows installed on partition C: of an ssd drive. Will the reinstallation affect partition D: on my other drive?...
  3. Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?: I want to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop with 2 hard drives, becouse I have been experiencing software issues on my laptop. I have windows installed on partition C: of an ssd drive. Will the reinstallation affect partition D: on my other drive?...
  4. Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. CAN´T EXTEND PARTITION C WITH OTHER PARTITIONS - PLEASE HELP URGENT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CAN´T EXTEND PARTITION C WITH OTHER PARTITIONS - PLEASE HELP URGENT: Hello, I installed UBUNTU before installing WINDOWS on my disk, now I decided to delete ubuntu and install Windows. The only problem is that I can´t extend my C Partition with the other that was deleted containing UBUNTU EXT4. Maybe is because C partition is in the last...
  6. "Other" partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Other" partition: Recently, don't ask why I got interested into disk partitions and stuff. So I downloaded a trusted partition manager from the internet. Apparently, it shows more partitions than Diskpart and Disk Manager! One of the is the "PortableBaseLaser" and another is just... "Other"...
  7. Strange Windows 10 'other' Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Windows 10 'other' Partition: does anyone know the purpose of the 'OTHER' partition that is created by Windoze10 setup..? I understand that the other three are:- 1. recovery partition 2. boot partition 3. installation partition but I don't know what is on the other one? anybody? thanks 134634
  8. Reinstalling windows 10 to a partition

Reinstalling windows 10 to a partition: I currently have a 500GB SSD with windows 10 on and programs, games and such but I also have a 4TB HDD for larger games and other stuff. What I want to do is uninstall everything on my SSD and make a partition just to put windows on and have the other part for games and...
  9. "Reset this PC" - Does It Affect Any Other Partition

"Reset this PC" - Does It Affect Any Other Partition: I have a desktop I would like to reset. After booting with the boot disk, I went to "Reset This PC". - It would remove all apps I installed. - Set PC settings to 'factory'. - Reinstall windows and keep my files. - I have two backup images of the system partitions; so am...
  10. reinstalled windows 10 partition querry

in Windows 10 Support
    reinstalled windows 10 partition querry: [img] sorry its small but after i done a reinstall of windows 10 my hard drive is split in to three when before the reinstall it was only two should i join the last to together or leave it as it is. First partition is system reserved. Second is c. healthy boot ect. Third is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install windows without affecting other partitions

2. reinstall of windows affect other hdd

3. windows 10 recovery will affect other disks

4. does reinstalling win 10 also reinstall the recovery partition,
  5. does reinstalling windows affect disk D,
  6. does windows make a new recovery partion when reinstalling,
  7. will reinstalling windows affect mac partition,
  8. install windows 10 does it effect other partitions